Stealth harvesting techniques searched on 5 forums and haven't seen a topic on this!

Mariano Gomes

So I have read on the forums during the times of harvest is when the plant would smell the most. But I haven't found exact instructions on how to keep stealth during harvest. I live with one other person in the house who I am keeping this from. Buying all the essentials like carbon filter and ona buckets.... The grow tent will be in a locked room and will be exhausting air during harvest. My plan around this time will be to close all the windows the carbon scrubber would exhaust in the room and I would place the ona gel outside the room and one as well in the living room. Are there holes in my procedure? Would adding a cheap ozone generator outside my tent help as well. I want to be extra stealthy. Better safe than butt rape.

Harvest in the closet after u give your gal two days darkness. Then throw on an incandescent so you can see. After you trim and hang up your buds in darkness(light degrades thc), keep em in the closet. Try to regulate RH to be under 45% and keep it cool. Should be dry in five days to a week and then jar it all up! Ona gel is the shit just keep it away from your intake. You want your room to smell of Ona, but your closet to smell like weed .

Sounds about right brother, don't skimp in the carbon filter. They work and can be the difference between smoking you meds or needing them to ease your butt pain .

Re: Stealth harvesting techniques searched on 5 forums and haven't seen a topic on th

Harvest in the closet after u give your gal two days darkness. Then throw on an incandescent so you can see. After you trim and hang up your buds in darkness(light degrades thc), keep em in the closet. Try to regulate RH to be under 45% and keep it cool. Should be dry in five days to a week and then jar it all up! Ona gel is the shit just keep it away from your intake. You want your room to smell of Ona, but your closet to smell like weed .

Sounds about right brother, don’t skimp in the carbon filter. They work and can be the difference between smoking you meds or needing them to ease your butt pain .

was planning on getting a 2x4, active air 4 inch fans and phresh 4' carbon scrubber, but maybe I could get a bigger 4x4 tent So I can fit inside while harvesting. Ah so I can keep the ona gel in the room btw the rooms measurements are 10 x 8.5. And the other persons room is right beside.

Re: Stealth harvesting techniques searched on 5 forums and haven't seen a topic on th

Smother him in his sleep. Problem solved! Jk how big is the actual closet?

Thinking of putting in a 2 x 2 drying plus cloning tent with 4" in-line fan and a 5 x 5 in a locked room with a 6 inch inline fan all with phresh filters. But according to all the feedback on all the forums during harvest no matter what you do it will stink up the whole house minimized but it will still smell even with ona gel and an ozone generator..... I guess the only way to be really stealth is to live alone.....

you're still in veg aren't you ?

you can have 2 filtration systems like I have , one out of the tent and one out of the room , this way no smell will get out of the room !

I trimmed for 14 straight hours , when I got back in the house I smelled like 3 coffee shops , hands smelled after I took a long shower and washed repeatedly, alcool wipes will help a lot , also ona makes a spray .

I don't think it can be done , easier to kill and get rid of the body ..

I know all about stealth. I did my entire grow that way, I learned alot. Here are my tips. 1st off dude, the carbon scrubber will tampen down the smell, but it wont eliminate it. Pot plants REEK during any time but during bud cycle and harvest, it's eye watering unreal. You gotta exhaust it out a window somehow. I'm just saying. Then once you got your smell going out a window, it's all about the pressure, man. Air pressure. Let's say you are growing in the basement, and you are exhausting from there to the outside. Your air coming into the basement, that goes through your tent and out the vent, has to come from somewhere. This means usually from the 1st floor or higher floor connected to the house, if all doors and windows in the house are shut. Guess where that air is coming from? The unused dryer vent and bathroom vents on the 1st floor, that at that time are not in use. This is all fine until someone in the house turns on a bathroom fan or runs the clothes dryer, or turns on the kitchen vent above the stove - then they are pulling air out of the house at the same time you are. May not sound like a big deal, but if they are pulling air faster than you are, your stink will go under the door and to them. So watch that. This means, and can't stress this enough, you got to leave a window cracked somewhere else in the house so that does not happen to you. Gotta tell you the more I read about your situation the fan noise alone will keep that person up, if the smell doesnt do them in. I have a 4x4. You can't harvest in it, and hang your stuff , and move around, or zip it up from the inside.

I know all about stealth. I did my entire grow that way, I learned alot. Here are my tips. 1st off dude, the carbon scrubber will tampen down the smell, but it wont eliminate it. Pot plants REEK during any time but during bud cycle and harvest, it's eye watering unreal. You gotta exhaust it out a window somehow. I'm just saying. Then once you got your smell going out a window, it's all about the pressure, man. Air pressure. Let's say you are growing in the basement, and you are exhausting from there to the outside. Your air coming into the basement, that goes through your tent and out the vent, has to come from somewhere. This means usually from the 1st floor or higher floor connected to the house, if all doors and windows in the house are shut. Guess where that air is coming from? The unused dryer vent and bathroom vents on the 1st floor, that at that time are not in use. This is all fine until someone in the house turns on a bathroom fan or runs the clothes dryer, or turns on the kitchen vent above the stove - then they are pulling air out of the house at the same time you are. May not sound like a big deal, but if they are pulling air faster than you are, your stink will go under the door and to them. So watch that. This means, and can't stress this enough, you got to leave a window cracked somewhere else in the house so that does not happen to you. Gotta tell you the more I read about your situation the fan noise alone will keep that person up, if the smell doesnt do them in. I have a 4x4. You can't harvest in it, and hang your stuff , and move around, or zip it up from the inside.

I think the safest way yo do this is when I can live alone for everyones sake....

@ Mariano, You can also have a sealed tent (no tent vents open whatsoever), with one fan, carbon filter installed, inside the tent pushing air out of the tent through a vent tube to a window; using a 2nd fan, outside the tent, pushing air into the tent at the same rate, to keep the tent from collapsing. I used fan speed controllers to match the fan air speeds, and was able to run fans at about 60% speed 24x7. No smell, far less noise than 100% fan speed. Of course, everytime I opened the tent to do ANYTHING, the smell got out, but the first thing I did when I undid that first zipper was crank up the speed of the vent fan to 100%, and kept the zipper unzipped but closed and let the tent de-smell before opening all the way. You would need to cover the bedroom door at the floor, etc. I think it's Mission Impossible, but hey, if you do your stuff while they are asleep you might be able to get it done.

@ ondercuver, your way works as well. Last weekend I trimmed for 14 hours myself, my first time. OMG. I came prepared I bought a box of medical grade rubber gloves, I changed into 8 different sets of gloves over 4 plants, I agree its the stickiest job out there. I set down cardboard everywhere which helps. I LOL'd your last comment.

To expound a little further on what I was saying, I ran my setup with a little negative pressure on the tent walls to begin with...meaning I let my tent walls flex inward a little...more air leaving the tent than going in. That was the ONLY way I could control the smell. If the tent walls were lax....all it took was someone in the house to run the dryer, vent the bathroom...I lost the battle. It was a real learning experience.

I agree with your statement, though living on your own means instead of them living inside your 4 walls, they (meaning your neighbors) will probably live just outside your 4 walls. Being stealth means if you can smell it, they can smell it. If you are living where it is not legal to grow, its best to be paranoid. I spent close to several thousand dollars on my setup, and one thing I did not skimp on was the tent, the fans, controllers, carbon filters. I even bought an inline 8 inch UV generator I did not end up setting up or needing, but I did not want to be in mid grow and then realize I had a problem I was not prepared to deal with. Best of luck getting your grow stealthy off the ground.

Negative-ion generator will eliminate the odor. Why, though?
I cant imagine how much weed you would have to need in order to worry about smell. Keep the windows and doors shut, whats the issue? I never got carbon scrubbers and all that stuff, seems like a waste.
I hang mine in my bedroom and only worry about light.

Back
Top Bottom