Stealth - Hawaiian x Blueberry - Soil - CFLs In Crawl Space

Re: stealth - Hawaiian x Blueberry, soil, cfl's in crawlspace

thx, dint miss much then...

Grow is continuing on. Not sure they are are getting any longer/fatter. Keeping my eyes on them too watch for signs of degradation. Sure hope I didn't drown their roots.
Took a week to completely dry out the soil after the big flush. Finally fed them a bit yesterday morning.

I wonder if these cfl's just don't put out enough light to drive big bud formation...??

Scoped the Trich's and they are all clear with a few cloudy. No sign of amber yet. So I am guessing they ain't dead yet. Maybe they are getting denser and will thicken up some.

Yield will be pretty meagher if they just stall - we are about 6 weeks into flower on an 8-10 week strain.

High is nice, I clipped a few popcorn buds from down low and gave them a few days to dry out. fairly smooth and pleasant head effect with just one pull of the pipe. ideal to set in front of the TV and watch Raylan Givens give em what for...
My clones are really struggling... need to figure out how to maintain humidity and contain odor. stinky sweet girls. can't have them in the flowering room, which is the only ventilated space.

So I did a bit of garden maintenance yesterday while the wife was out for an hour. Shut the vent fan off so I could listen for the truck while my head was in the closet. Removed my ona bucket to recharge with gel/water. All told, maybe 30 minute without odour control... Well that was enough to let some stray odour percolate into the house...

I dutifully spent 10 minutes out in the yard looking for signs of that pesky skunk. Guess he musta just been passin through. Got to expect that living nextdoor to nature dear. Fan will now stay on 24/7.

I guess the buds are looking a bit chunkier around and may be a bit taller. Took a nice resinous little bud, maybe a couple joints worth for examination and sampling. Will report back in a few days...

Started on straight water today...

On two plants, the pistils are now more that 50% brown and the leaves are really starting to get brown and crisp. I suspect these two may no longer be producing. I'll watch carefully the next few days to see if they still appear to be gaining weight. They may get the snip if I suspect they are done. Clipped a nice bud and scoped it - trichs are totally clear, very long stems and are very densely packed.

The smallest plant still is green and vibrant, looks like it may still go a while.

Here is the garden today... I trimmed off a bunch of the dying leaves... not much going on above the screen. Only a few decent buds and the rest just kind of poking their noses through...
DSC_6924_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_6920_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_6923_-_Copy_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_6930_-_Copy.jpg

So? Look like I should harvest these two soon?

5 0

Came home at about 6 pm and immediately could smell a faint, sweet, ever so slightly skunky aroma. Couldn't check conditions with all the activity in the house... I suspect the girls are really pumping out their love juices and I think the ona bucket could use another top up...

Wife never said anything... must be used to the occasional freshly laundered skunk whiff by now.

Gonna have to end this grow soon. I suspect they are near the end as it is. Be interesting to look in on them tomorrow and see if they are any bigger. Been on pure water for a couple days so if I need to cut they should be ready.

I risked a peak while the warden was on a conference call this morning... most fan leaves are curled and/or crisp. Small leaves around bud are all starting to brown and curl. All this in spite of damp soil. Pretty sure there is no more uptake going on.
So... I got the shears out and snipped the biggest plant. Hung it upside down in the dark. Tomorrow I'll have the house to myself and can have a proper look at the rest. Plant #2 will likely be harvested but I may let the last plant keep going on her own as she still looked like she was gaining weight.

Should be able to post a pic or three tomorrow. Bud looks pretty damn good though. My test pipes have been pleasant tasting in spite of just a three day drying time. My hypersensitivity and very infrequent usage did result in a pretty intense buzz. Overall I think I am pleased with the outcome of my first grow in over a decade of abstinence.

I had hoped to start a new grow with one of the recent super strains I acquired... however, current real estate prices in my hood have led me to make a quick sell decision... gotta shut down until I have a new space in a new house.

Looks like my yield from these plants will be enough to sustain me...

did a quick manicure of this plant this morning, harvested one more plant of similar bud but slightly smaller dimensions. Smells nice enough. Set to hang in the ventilated room upside down all intact to the main stem. Will do a slow dry and then a proper cure. I use spanish cedar cigar boxes - air the out every couple days until I get a nice 50% on the humidistat.

my last plant (the runt) is starting to really take off and elongate - extremely frosty looking and no sign of the damage the other two plants took. With the screen cleared out she has the whole room to herself to soak up all the lights. Fed her today - will do manual feeding as required giving plenty of time to dry out the soil in between so I don't have a mishap and flood her roots.

The two harvested are in a cool dark spot with mild passive ventilation trying to follow the best advice on slow drying and long curing.

drying all the trimmings and popcorn bud, not sure if there is enough to bother screening some sheesh... last go round I made some green butter which was used for brownies... was scary good. way too potent and way too tasty which led to overindulgence and a paranoia mishap. Poor Carol almost missed her plane back to China...

looking good mate, im amazed you managed to keep this that low key that even the mrs didnt find out, does she know you smoke it, woudlnt she be to impressed if she knew what you was upto in your spare time, fair play mate, when you said you wanted it low key you really did keep it low key,

How did your grow finish?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!
:420:

Well... a lot has transpired in the 6 years since i last posted here. Moved house twice since the crawl space grow... still have a small jar tucked away somewhere.
It finished up pretty well, although the entire batch has a distinct linen taste/ smell to it... so a bit of a caution there - if you use ona to mask odor, be very careful about proximity to your plants and direction of air circulation. If you can, isolate the plants from the ona and make sure you are only treating the exhaust air. It has taken 6 years to get through maybe 3 onces of laundry bud, and i still have a half left that i have been avoiding.

Dropped in here for a bit of research... i am contemplating an outdoor guerrilla grow on public land, right in the city.

Back
Top Bottom