Stealth indoor grow advice needed

jimmybrewer

420 Member
I want to set up a 4'x2'x5' grow tent in my closet. I will grow 2 Quick Ones auto's and have a 6" inline carbon filter venting out to the closet. I don't have a window to vent out nearby though. Will the carbon filter remove the smell of the flowering stage? Or do I need to vent outside?
Thanks.

I want to set up a 4'x2'x5' grow tent in my closet. I will grow 2 Quick Ones auto's and have a 6" inline carbon filter venting out to the closet. I don't have a window to vent out nearby though. Will the carbon filter remove the smell of the flowering stage good enough so my landlord living in the other part of the house won't notice? Or do I need to vent outside?
Thanks.
I am no pro and better answers will follow mine.. But from my personal experience you really need to vent it outside to get rid of the heat and humidity created by the plants and equipment, keeps the air flowing better fresh co2 etc. I did this and my whole grow room was warm and humid so I have mine going outside.. Hope that helps.

Looking forward to seeing some answers on this. I am doing my first outdoor grow now, then want to try indoors and will have the same problem.

It is very hard to keep the smell contained, especially without outside venting, all during a several month grow. One plant and one accidental air leak, and it is all over... you are busted.
It is never a good idea to grow illegally in someone else's space though. If there was a fire or if you got caught, it can all come down on the owner of the house. Friendships and indeed families have been ruined over this and many people have been kicked out of student housing over these issues. Frankly, it isn't worth the risk for the small amount of pot you are going to grow. My advice is to wait till you can get your own place, and then go wild... but trying to hide a couple of plants in a closet... I just don't think it is a good idea.... sorry.

I want to set up a 4'x2'x5' grow tent in my closet. I will grow 2 Quick Ones auto's and have a 6" inline carbon filter venting out to the closet. I don't have a window to vent out nearby though. Will the carbon filter remove the smell of the flowering stage good enough so my landlord living in the other part of the house won't notice? Or do I need to vent outside?
Thanks.
I'd love to say go for it bud, but trying to keep a grow room that big a secret in a closet is a massive challenge. The noise of the fans alone will be loud to someone else living in the house, especially if they're used to the ambient normal background noise of the house. That's even before you get to the smell.

It is very hard to keep the smell contained, especially without outside venting, all during a several month grow. One plant and one accidental air leak, and it is all over... you are busted.
It is never a good idea to grow illegally in someone else's space though. If there was a fire or if you got caught, it can all come down on the owner of the house. Friendships and indeed families have been ruined over this and many people have been kicked out of student housing over these issues. Frankly, it isn't worth the risk for the small amount of pot you are going to grow. My advice is to wait till you can get your own place, and then go wild... but trying to hide a couple of plants in a closet... I just don't think it is a good idea.... sorry.

Yeah I think you make very good points. The risk vs rewards factor is too high. I was ready to order the equipment for indoor growing. Time to plan an outdoor grow for autos. A lot less risky I think. I can only be a Guerilla grower at this point.
I can't wait to get my own place.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom