Stealth - Soil - HID - Smart Pot - SCROG - GDP - First Grow

Re: Stealth, Soil, HID, Smart Pot, SCROG, GDP - First Grow

Those purps look really dank and healthy. Nice purple coloring. I've been vegging a GDP clone I bought from a dispensary for 2 months and it is absolutely huge. It looks like a bush. It is growing in a 3 gallon Smart Pot under a T5 and a couple T8s. I love purple strains. I want to try growing the Purps from BC Bud Depot and there is also this purple Afghani I want to try growing. The purple Afghani is a strange story of a strain because the breeders who grew it were not intending to make a Purple Strain. They crossed an Afghan Kush with a G-13 male, neither plant had ant purple traits, but when the hybrid seeds came out they grew up to be purps.

They do look good. I'm measuring the humidity in the buds right now and making sure they aren't going to get too dry before cure. I may have just made it as they are measuring 61% right now after just 3 days of drying...

Kind of shocking for it to be that low that quickly. I'll give it another couple of hours and see where we stand.

Purple is awesome. I love it..

Thanks!!

:Namaste:

BTW waiting for bud to dry and cure SUCKS! I have some OG Kush x Chem drying right now at about day 5 of drying and is so stanky it is smelling up the whole house. Cannot wait to smoke some once its cured.

BTW waiting for bud to dry and cure SUCKS! I have some OG Kush x Chem drying right now at about day 5 of drying and is so stanky it is smelling up the whole house. Cannot wait to smoke some once its cured.

You know what's weird about this GDP...it smells dank when I stick my nose in it but it didn't smell up my room at all when drying...those homemade carbon filters must be better than I thought...

Hey GF I found that after 4-5 hours the reading would stabilize, maybe rise another point or two over the next day, but 4-5 hrs will give you a real good idea. Hopefully you're up around 65, as long as you're under 70 go ahead and jar it. Good luck let us know how it's going!

Hey GF I found that after 4-5 hours the reading would stabilize, maybe rise another point or two over the next day, but 4-5 hrs will give you a real good idea. Hopefully you're up around 65, as long as you're under 70 go ahead and jar it. Good luck let us know how it's going!

I measured a few of the jars, it's nice to say I have a few to measure :), and the highest was 70%. I took everything out, put it in open bags for the afternoon and overnight then will re-jar it in the morning.

Sound like a plan??

Thanks for all your help Blue...I really appreciate it.. :)

I measured a few of the jars, it's nice to say I have a few to measure :), and the highest was 70%. I took everything out, put it in open bags for the afternoon and overnight then will re-jar it in the morning.

Sound like a plan??

Thanks for all your help Blue...I really appreciate it.. :)

Sounds like a good plan, just watch it close and don't let it over-dry. I do/did something similar. In fact, I use paper bags quite a bit much the way you have. Depending on moisture sometimes I'll poke some holes in the bags and have a fan circulating in the room with them. I stir the bags as frequently as I can or just give them a light shake. You're pretty close to jar/burp stage though so don't over dry. Once I jar, I open the jars once or twice a day, again depending on moisture content, and stir the buds around - then reseal until they're at the right humidity in the jar. I use a caliber III like yours and Blues now too and follow pretty much the plan Blue outlined. It's working well so far (thanks Blue and others who've shared this!)

I agree it sounds like a good plan GF! I found that if I left the buds out in an open box they could lose 3-5% in a day. If you leave them with the jar opened maybe 2%, so like Xlr8 said watch them closely as I'm sure you are. I think the sweet pot is about 63, I stopped worrying about mold so much and could concentrate and letting them dry/cure nice and slow, maybe losing 1% per week by just burping them 2x per day.

Looking good :tokin:

So.... How was it?!

I hope it was so good you are passed out right now :rofl:

That's not far from true!!

It's still a little damp and a touch harsh but the flavor is very good and it curious it's got the head and half body stone! It's so weird!

I could feel my head just check out and then I felt stoned down to my mid section...I tried Baby, I'll try Dorothy tomorrow...

I got just ripped on a little bit...it's very good meds with no mental hangover this morning...

It smells like grape and it tastes like it too...very, very nice!!

I repped him for both of us farnorth!

Congrats again GF it's always a relief to know they get the job done :yahoo:

Thanks guys...as you know, I appreciate the support and all the help I've gotten from all of you.. :)

Final Weigh

Well, I didn't get as much "A" bud as I hoped for but, if I remember correctly, I thought I said that I'd be happy with an ounce of good buds...with that in mind..

I got 2.25 ounces of "A" bud. Of "B" bud and sugar leaf trim I got another 1.11 ounces for a total of 3.36 ounces of smoke-able, good quality meds...throw Jess in there and it's closer to 4 ounces.

Pretty happy about that really... :thumb:

This doesn't count another probably ounce of leaf trim that I'll make butter or oil out of.

The grand total of everything is about 5 ounces. :goodjob:

Keep in mind, as well, that I threw away what A LOT of fan leaves and what I would otherwise consider unusable stuff from the harvest. I know I could've made hash or whatever out of it but I just don't have the time for that so I pitched it.

Overall, not bad for a first grow and, like DocBud says and I agree, the quality was the thing for me not quantity.

This is some pretty good meds for me. The description about the high I've read everywhere is dead on..very energetic and fun..perfect for me.

With that, I consider this journal completed. Admin can move me to completed at your leisure.

Next up for me? Box mods over the summer and a second grow for a November 1 start. :) As always, I'll keep you posted!!

:peacetwo:

NOT BAD??? That's awesome!!! :rofl:

Seems like yesterday we watched those girls go in the soil... Now they're going in the vaporizor :)

This was a great grow brother and I can't wait til the next one. I hope you stick around during your time off from growing, it's a pleasure to have you around.

Namaste my friend.

I agree GF! Great grow and journal and you're a great presence on this forum :bravo:

Hope your off time includes more than a few days at the old ballpark, I was there 2 years ago it's a beautiful place and we kicked your butts 2 out of 3 :woohoo:

Take care bro!

With all that "A" bud maybe you change your username to A'sFan24???? lol...

Congratulations on the haul. Looking forward to next time.

Oh and I have some very interesting results on limiting stretch. Trim off almost all the fan leaves right before 12/12 and the plants basically sit still then bud without an size increase. So when you are looking to keep it smaller, maybe not cut out Jess the next time because things are not getting tight...

ltr.

Hey GF Congrats on the grow, weights, and your outstanding journal. Send me a message when and if you start a new journal. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom