Steam's Hydro Ebb & Flow: Purple Kush 2018-2019

Steamcraft

420 Member
Hello everybody, welcome to my journal. I have done many grows but I have never done a journal, im doing this in hopes of giving back a little of all the things I have learned from grow journals in this forum.

A few years ago I bought a couple of BCNL Producers which originally come set up to grow using DWC system, which is nice but I personally do not really like it since the root structure varies a lot from plant to plant and there is very little I can do to promote better root structures using that system, so I decided to make some modifications to each box and I converted them to an Ebb & Flow system, after trying various hydro growing methods I can say Ebb & Flow is my favorite.

I meant to start this journal on November 13th, because on that day my clones were ready to start vegging so on that day I put on the first batch into the first box, I took pictures on that day and I have been taking pictures of their growth but I had not been able to post them, so I will post them right now so you guys can catch up on that grow that today is in its first week of flowering, I will call that grow BOX ONE, since I got a couple of producers I will treat each one as a separate grow naming each one as BOX ONE and BOX TWO, the only difference between each BOX is that BOX ONE has 2 x 600w Light bulbs for a total of 1,200w and BOX TWO has 2 x 400w Light bulbs for a total of 800w.

My intention is to get a yield of 2 lbs from BOX ONE, there is 18 plants in it so I would like to average 2 ounces(28 grams) per plant, that would actually be 36 ounces but if I can get just 32 ounces out of the grow I would be very happy.

I think I will get around 26 ounces out of BOX TWO from those 800w, I dont really know since I have never used this producers for flowering, only for vegging, but im doing this experiment because I have the theory that I can get really close to .9 grams per watt in just 12 weeks from clone to harvest.

Here are the details of the grow:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOX ONE

What strain is it?
Purple Kush, from cropkingseeds.com, I really want to see those purple buds :)

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
75% Indica with 25% TCH

Current Stage ?
Week one of Flowering,

Method ?
Hydro using Ebb & Flow watering 4 times per day using only clay pebbles as medium.

Size of light?
2 x 600w MH Bulbs air cooled for Vegging.
2 x 600w HPS Bulbs air cooled for Flowering

Temp of Room/cab?
24C / 74F

PH of Res?
pH is always kept between 5-6

Type and strength of ferts used?
I only use General Hydroponics with a little bit more than they advise :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOX TWO

What strain is it?
Purple Kush, from cropkingseeds.com, I really want to see those purple buds :)

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
75% Indica with 25% TCH

Current Stage ?
DAY 4 OF CLONING

Method ?
Hydro using Ebb & Flow watering 4 times per day using only clay pebbles as medium.

Size of light?
2 x 400w MH Bulbs air cooled for Vegging.
2 x 400w HPS Bulbs air cooled for Flowering

Temp of Room/cab?
24C / 74F

PH of Res?
pH is always kept between 5-6

Type and strength of ferts used?
I only use General Hydroponics with a little bit more than they advise :)

If you are not familiar with the BCNL Producer here are some pictures of the inside
IMG_0883.jpg
IMG_0882.jpg
, its a very nice grow box made from a company in Canada.

Here are some pictures of the BOX ONE grow from clone to where we are today:

Here are the clones next to their mothers ready to go into the box
1.jpg

Here is a close up of the little babys
2.jpg

Here you can see each clones new house, each bucket is filled with clay pebbles and just a little bit of coco fiber for water retention
3.jpg

Here you can see how each clone moved in into its new house for the season, this picture was taken on November 13th
4.jpg

This next picture was taken on November 27th on their 2 week birthday
5.jpg

I took this on December 4th on their first day of Flowering, tomorrow I will add a new picture of their current state, right now they are asleep so I dont want to bother them with pictures :)
6.jpg

Today is week one of flowering of the BOX ONE grow, i just added the following nutes to the res, and 5 liters of water, I will drain the res and put fresh water in the following week.

All nutes are from General Hydo,
Nutes added:

60ml - Flora Micro
20ml - Flora Gro
80ml - Flora Bloom
40ml - Diamond Nectar
30ml - Liquid Koolbloom
40ml - Flora Blend
10ml - Floralicius Plus (They love this stuff)
40ml - Flora Nectar

And of course the pH is at 5.4, also I forgot to mention that every 8 minutes CO2 is dispensed for 5 seconds at 6 psi, I will increment it 2 psi next week and another 2 psi the week after until reaching 16 psi.

I just finished defoliating all the plants in order to have better light penetration and to get rid of flowers that would grow in the bottom.

I will do another defoliation in 4 weeks.
IMG-0925.JPG

Tomorrow BOX ONE grow is in its 2nd week of flowering, but right now they are asleep, so I just drained the reservoirs water and replaced it with new fresh water, I like to do this every 2 weeks.

Here is a nute list of what I just added.

Water in Reservoir: 20 Liters

Nute List:

120ml Flora Micro
40ml Flora Gro
160ml Flora Bloom
40ml Diamond Nectar
40ml Liquid Koolbloom
40ml Flora Blend
20ml Floralicious Plus (my favorite)
80ml Flora Nectar

The pH of the water prior of pouring in the nutes was 5.8, I will check later but I think it will drop to 5.4 because of the nutrients, I will take a picture of them tomorrow when the light is on and give an update on the pH.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom