Steff's Second Time Around - CFL - Blue Dream

Whhaaaaatttt, there is a way to measure light!!! Thank you so much for that info!! I flipped the lights on May 18th, I remember now because it was the day after I got back from my beach trip. So you're probably right on the flowering time :)

I will look into those nutrients you mentioned :)

Thank you soooo much <3

Yep. They are WAY cheaper than a scientific PAR meter. Not as accurate, but I'll tell you how to use it.

For CFL checking - Install new CFL, power it up and let it run for an hour to heat up and really start putting out it's full light. Then take the meter and see how far away you have to hold the meter to read 1000 (point the sensor directly at the light source). Measure the distance and write the date and distance on the bulb base, or make note of it elsewhere. Check it once or twice during and after a grow. The closer you have to hold the meter over time shows you it's diminished output. Or meter at a set distance and record the drop in intensity.

For setting grow light distance - The meter should peg high in the direct Sun light. Obviously plants can take direct Sun as long as they are healthy. But with indoor light you'll find you're battling heat stress (burning) and/or bleaching at similar numbers. What you need to do is figure out the sweet spot for each strain. Watching the heat is most important. Get as high a number as you can without burning the plants. If that bleaches (instead of burns) leaves and buds, then your culprit is intensity, not heat. You can back off the intensity (move the light away) and worry less about the heat.

Make sense? Worry about the heat first, bleaching second. If you bleach and heat stress, it's way too close. It you bleach but don't heat stress, it needs a little less light intensity and can be moved away a little until she's happy.

:circle-of-love:

EDIT: One of the points I was trying to convey is that the number on the meter matters not, really. Give the plant as much as it will take. Just use the meter as a general gauge.

Heirloom, that was exactly what I needed to know about lights. Thank you. :hug: You've helped to remove one less stressor in my life. I'll start testing my bulbs as soon as I procure a meter.

Can't give you any more reps. Apparently you've been brilliant somewhere else today. Go figure. :laughtwo:

Here's the revegged one. They're both happy and healthy. I think they've been flowering four weeks.
20160622_123703.jpg
20160622_123622.jpg
20160622_123610.jpg

Here is the clone. The flowers are larger.
20160622_130745.jpg
20160622_130734.jpg

So thankful, again, that I have a place to document. I looked through my posts for my revegged plant to get pictures from around the same time in flowering. So much easier than searching for answers from others experiences. Anyway here she is about 5 weeks into flowering. I will include my screen shots from her before her harvest to compare progress.
20160629_125301.jpg
20160629_093500.jpg
20160629_094143_LLS.jpg
20160629_093645_HDR.jpg
20160629_094147_LLS.jpg
20160629_093700_HDR.jpg

:thumb:

Here she is earlier in her life, during her first flower around 5 weeks as well. These are the screenshots from the beginning of this journal.

Screenshot_2016-06-29-12-56-24.png
Screenshot_2016-06-29-12-59-04.png

I'm on my cellphone but it appears her trichomes heads are more plump the second time around. She has way more flowers then the first time but they're smaller than the clone. The clone is now at least 1/4 fatter flowers then the revegged.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hear, Hear!

Come on Steff, I just harvested. I know you must have.

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom