Stems Turning Slightly Pink On Fan Leaves.

buzzybabe

So just noticed today that where the fan leaves start from the stem, it's turning kinda pink. Not severely. But just curious. Today is the warmest temperature the plants have had to deal with so far. Wondering if that could be it? Temps around 86 or so right now. Its 90 degrees out so not much I can do. They're in a double stacked Rubbermaid grow box. Five 100 watt cfls. 3 at 2700k and 2 at 6500k. Been on 12/12 for a week and a half or so. And using dyna-gro bloom nutrients. Thanks!
IMAG098712.jpg

The leaf stem turning purple is sort of like the equivalent of a person having a headache. Its a sure sign that's something isn't right, but no true way of diagnosing what that is until it shows more signs. It could be anything from coping with the heat, to a number of different deficiencies, to under/overwatering, ect. Best bet is to keep giving giving it the proper conditions and see if leaves start showing more signs of heat/deficiencies/water problems.

So just noticed today that where the fan leaves start from the stem, it's turning kinda pink. Not severely. But just curious. Today is the warmest temperature the plants have had to deal with so far. Wondering if that could be it? Temps around 86 or so right now. Its 90 degrees out so not much I can do. They're in a double stacked Rubbermaid grow box. Five 100 watt cfls. 3 at 2700k and 2 at 6500k. Been on 12/12 for a week and a half or so. And using dyna-gro bloom nutrients. Thanks!
IMAG098712.jpg
Look to your night time temps as in most cases plants can move (N) ..(P) around with ease but somethings gotta give with falling temps and here its (K) congrats on being so attentive ...few growers see this, but you lights suck:
go take a look at the average led, you see a careful mixture of reds and blues, you gotta be the same with your cfls, select an even or a warm white majoity say 60/40 of warm white to cool white, this is to grow plants with the correct internodel spacing ..not squat or strtchy plants google kelvin, and consider upgrading you lighting ...as you get falling return once past 120w with cfls

Well this is my first grow, so as of yet still considering this an experiment. If all goes well I'll probably consider upgrading the lighting. Night temp stays about 73 or so normally, with this heat more like 76-78. I thought about adding one more of the red spectrum 100 watt but then I might have to deal with heat issues. I think I'll just wait it out until the temps drop outside and see how the girls are doing. Starting to think that it's just the strain because other than that they are very happy and smell wonderful.

Well this is my first grow, so as of yet still considering this an experiment. If all goes well I'll probably consider upgrading the lighting. Night temp stays about 73 or so normally, with this heat more like 76-78. I thought about adding one more of the red spectrum 100 watt but then I might have to deal with heat issues. I think I'll just wait it out until the temps drop outside and see how the girls are doing. Starting to think that it's just the strain because other than that they are very happy and smell wonderful.

Yes, some strains have some purple in the stems, as I mentioned earlier. I have a plant right now with purple stems on every single fan leaf. Believe me I'm not looking for solutions for that, because IT'S GENETIC.
In your case there's a chance it could be the result of a deficiency but if the plant is otherwise the picture of health you shouldn't worry too much about it. Monitor the situation but don't stress over it.

Back
Top Bottom