Steppenwolf's High Brix Grow

Steppenwolf

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? in veg for a few weeks already
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long? Not yet
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Pro Mix HP according to Doc's instructions
If soil... what is in your mix? Doc's Kit
If soil... What size pot? 1/2 gal pots to veg. transplanting in a week or so into 5 gal smart pots.
Size of light? see below
Is it aircooled? nope
Temp of Room/cab? see below
RH of Room/cab? veg averages 30% to 40% humidity
PH of media or res? You will have to ask Doc about this lol
Any Pests ? none on the high brix plants. I have had thrips and mites on other plants in the past month. Havent seen them in a week or so. I treated with SNS 217 for mites and Spinosad for the thrips.
How often are you watering? I have only watered a couple times in 3 weeks. Needs some energy and tea soon.
Type and strength of ferts used? High brix. Doc's Kit.

Hey everyone. Welcome to my journal. Hopefully this will will be a fun and exciting ride for me and you. I have been watching and learning from this site for over a year and a half. I started growing in January of 2012. I have had completed 6 or 7 grows in that time. I have learned a lot, mainly from DocBud, Icemud, Xlr8, Propa Gator, 420Fied, and the other great growers on this site. The focus of this journal will be on Doc's Kit and the results. I will also throw in some other pics of plants and my room set up.

I currently grow in a spare bedroom (entire room). It is approximately 10' by 10'. I sealed off the closet for the veg space. The veg area is double tiered as a top and bottom. Both top and bottom have 8 bulb T5 HO lights. Ventilation is taken care of by a 4" eco plus inline fan going in and out. I am pulling fresh cool air from behind my house through dust shrooms to prevent pests. Temps stay pretty damn stable in here with a high of 81 degrees, except on the hottest days (90 degrees plus) which only happen a week or so a year.

The rest of the room is for flowering. I have 3 600 HPS with parabolic reflectors set up right now. I am debating on adding a 1000 to complement things and give these high brix plants some more light. Temps are really stable here, with a lights on temp of 81 and a night temp of 68. Exhaust is taken care of by a 8" can max fan and a giant 10" filter. It is pretty nice. Intake is only a 6" inline through a dust shroom. I think temps should be stable even in summer, but I have a window AC unit that I can mount to control heat if I need to. I am running a dehum during day hours only and humidity is stable at 20%-30% lights on and 50% lights off.

A month or so ago I talked DocBud into sending me a kit to try and replicate a high brix grow. I am doing everything exactly as his directions say.

I popped 6 seeds around the first of April. The seeds were 2 Laughing Buddah, 2 Critical Kush, and 2 Tangerine Dream. 2 seeds did not germinate and I soaked 2 more which popped a few days later. On to some pics. 6 high brix plants on a platter
DSCF11503.JPG

Tangerine Dream
DSCF11471.JPG

Laughing Buddah
DSCF11453.JPG
DSCF11432.JPG
DSCF11423.JPG
DSCF11471.JPG

I will say, I have never had seeds germinate so fast as I have seen with these in the high brix soil. Also, I watered with transplant water on germination and have only watered these twice with plain water since then. These are all very healthy and I am excited to start foliar spraying soon.

Here are a few pics of the veg area.
DSCF11512.JPG

bottom shelf
DSCF11531.JPG

top shelf
DSCF11521.JPG

I double zipped the veg area to make it absoultely light tight and it is.

Here is a Flo hempy that I just cut down. It was grown in 100% perlite with OC+ as a base nute and other random stuff as nutes. It turned some pretty colors.
DSCF11354.JPG

DSCF11331.JPG

Last night I sprayed the four largest plants with Brix foliar spray. Everything looks fantastic and they should be getting their first feeding with energy and tea in a couple days. The two smaller plants (about a week behind) are taking off as well.

On a side note, I had a male Deadhead OG Kush that I took pollen from and pollenated a Flo female. I just cut down that plant and picked seeds from it. Man, they came out looking good. I am nervous to waste an unproven strain with high brix, so I am growing a few out to in regular soil see how they look first.
DSCF11673.JPG

Those are gorgeous seeds bro! Nice work.

Thanks Doc!

I just watered the four largest plants today with energy and tea. This was their first real feeding since transplant. Both Tangerine dreams were droopy, but I am guessing that was because they were pretty dry. The smaller 2 plants (1 Laughing Buddah and 1 Critical Kush) can still go another couple days before another watering.
Laughing Buddah
DSCF11772.JPG

Critical Kush
DSCF11783.JPG

Tangerine Dreams
DSCF11794.JPG

2 little guys
DSCF11802.JPG

Here are a couple pics of the flower room. I have 3 600's with parabolic reflectors right now.
DSCF11722.JPG

DSCF11731.JPG

DSCF1171.JPG

I picked up this syringe for free at the local pharmacy. Its prefect for measuring out mL of tea for feeding.
DSCF11761.JPG

Looking good bro! Those droopy ones just look slightly moist. They'll sort out fine in a day or two...perfectly normal.

You'll find the plants do everything a bit quicker in some ways, slower in others. When brix levels go up, the plants will start moving really fast, IE bending to face the light. If you supercrop, the stems bend back to the light very fast as well..

Same with watering. The plants will look perfect...then the pot will dry out and it will droop very fast.....then perk right back up when it gets watered. It just seems to happen faster in the high brix environment. Just keep letting 'em get nearly dry and almost droopy in veg between waterings.

They're definitely ready for Brix spay as well.

Looking good bro! Those droopy ones just look slightly moist. They'll sort out fine in a day or two...perfectly normal.

You'll find the plants do everything a bit quicker in some ways, slower in others. When brix levels go up, the plants will start moving really fast, IE bending to face the light. If you supercrop, the stems bend back to the light very fast as well..

Same with watering. The plants will look perfect...then the pot will dry out and it will droop very fast.....then perk right back up when it gets watered. It just seems to happen faster in the high brix environment. Just keep letting 'em get nearly dry and almost droopy in veg between waterings.

They're definitely ready for Brix spay as well.

I'm on it Doc! I hit them with Brix a couple days ago and was going to start with stress tomorrow. Those tangerine dreams looked a lot better this morning after being fed. One thing I was guessing was that they may be close to outgrowing the pots. I think once they hit the 5 gal smart pots they will be happier. I still have about a week left before my soil has cooked for a month. I can't wait to see them explode after getting into bigger pots.

I'm on it Doc! I hit them with Brix a couple days ago and was going to start with stress tomorrow. Those tangerine dreams looked a lot better this morning after being fed. One thing I was guessing was that they may be close to outgrowing the pots. I think once they hit the 5 gal smart pots they will be happier. I still have about a week left before my soil has cooked for a month. I can't wait to see them explode after getting into bigger pots.

You may have to up the feeding schedule just a bit if you're root bound, however that's how I like to dot it too. I like a rootbound, yet healthy plant in veg....score the roots, put it in primo, living soil, boom! It results in explosive, healthy growth.

Can you get your soil warm? If so, get it good and warm....try to wait the full month, but if you have to get into it early, go for it.

You may have to up the feeding schedule just a bit if you're root bound, however that's how I like to dot it too. I like a rootbound, yet healthy plant in veg....score the roots, put it in primo, living soil, boom! It results in explosive, healthy growth.

Can you get your soil warm? If so, get it good and warm....try to wait the full month, but if you have to get into it early, go for it.

The soil has been cooking in my bedroom for 3 weeks at 70 degrees. Everything looks lots better after the feeding. I sprayed with stress tonight too. The droopy ones have recovered. I think they just needed a good feeding. Everything is looking great. They should make it another week just fine.
Tangerine Dreams
DSCF11814.JPG

Laughing Buddah
DSCF11825.JPG

Critical Kush
DSCF11833.JPG

DSCF11852.JPG

DSCF11843.JPG

DSCF11862.JPG

Back
Top Bottom