Steppenwolf's High Brix Grow

I'd caution anyone with one of Doc's Kits to be careful with the feeding and stick to the instructions at least for a round or two. Then experiment. My plants really responded to the increased feedings at the end. They started doing some pretty wild shit in response to the cat drench.

Thanks for this Steppenwolf!

Timing and understanding what the different products do is the key to using the kit. A grower should stick to the instructions until they become familiar with the science AND the way the products work.

Then the real fun begins....not that the first run doesn't blow everyone away.....but folks just don't realize how amazing high brix weed is! (real high brix, not high salt/dehydrated leaf false-reading high brix)

I like those numbers as well steppen very nice dude. How big were your plants when put into flower out of curiosity?

Thanks Shotta. The plants weren't that big by my standards. I have grown them a lot larger and flowered them before. I am guessing they were around 18" when they went to flower, but they were topped early as well. As Doc stated, and you will see, with the high brix plants they veg a lot faster and just grow at a higher rate. I think I only vegged about 6 weeks 3 from clone and 1 from seed.

Thanks for this Steppenwolf!

Timing and understanding what the different products do is the key to using the kit. A grower should stick to the instructions until they become familiar with the science AND the way the products work.

Then the real fun begins....not that the first run doesn't blow everyone away.....but folks just don't realize how amazing high brix weed is! (real high brix, not high salt/dehydrated leaf false-reading high brix)

Of course Doc! Not a problem. I don't want people running wild thinking because I did it, they should do it. People need to get a good handle on things first by following the instructions. Then make changes (if they want to). What worked in my garden, might not work for other people in different environments and different strains.

I am very happy with the last run Doc! Thanks again!

Thanks Shotta. The plants weren't that big by my standards. I have grown them a lot larger and flowered them before. I am guessing they were around 18" when they went to flower, but they were topped early as well. As Doc stated, and you will see, with the high brix plants they veg a lot faster and just grow at a higher rate. I think I only vegged about 6 weeks 3 from clone and 1 from seed.

Of course Doc! Not a problem. I don't want people running wild thinking because I did it, they should do it. People need to get a good handle on things first by following the instructions. Then make changes (if they want to). What worked in my garden, might not work for other people in different environments and different strains.

I am very happy with the last run Doc! Thanks again!

I'm dying to ask.......

Are you able to smoke weed you haven't grown, or can you still enjoy "regular" weed?

People give me samples fairly often. I almost never try them....unwashed, sprayed with miticides, fungicides, fed with high salt diets....

How about you? Has your weed palate evolved like mine? Just curious, I'm not sayin' it's a good thing....

I'm dying to ask.......

Are you able to smoke weed you haven't grown, or can you still enjoy "regular" weed?

People give me samples fairly often. I almost never try them....unwashed, sprayed with miticides, fungicides, fed with high salt diets....

How about you? Has your weed palate evolved like mine? Just curious, I'm not sayin' it's a good thing....

I am already sensing a full switch to kit only in my garden. I am a snob and this will make me more snobby. haha.

i just read through the whole thread and WOW!! Great grow with high brix! weather delayed me another day and my kit wont be in till tomorrow...oh well pateince is a virtue or some shit lol.

this thread was def yet another great inspiration to grow high brix!

+rep for sure!!

I'm dying to ask.......

Sorry for the late reply Doc. I meant to write you guys back days ago. I got married a couple weeks ago, and I am very happy. I have tearing down grow rooms, repainting, ripping out carpet, adding laminate flooring, and getting ready to rent my house. On top of that, I have been working like crazy lately. I am a little tired lol.

Back to your question! Every couple weeks or month I stop by my favorite dispensary to try and I quote "the best shit in here". Usually it is an OG Kush cross that looks and smells very good. Very crystally, smells great, etc. The smoke always has a type of metallic taste to it or chemically taste to it. That's the best way to describe it. It isn't bad at all, fairly smooth, but its typical couch locky indica salt based fert weed. I know I am kinda being hard on it. It is good for what it is, it just doesn't do much for me.

On to the high brix stuff. My high brix weed is a lot more mentally stimulating. It sends a rush through my body as well and in general is more enjoyable and a cooler high than typical weed. It is definitely different.

It also amazes me how different each strain looks when grown with the kit. Each one is vastly different. Thanks again Doc for all your help and for getting me a kit. Its pretty damn awesome!

I am already sensing a full switch to kit only in my garden. I am a snob and this will make me more snobby. haha.

I did the same thing Shotta, after seeing the growth rates in veg and plant health. I could easily see the difference very early on.

i just read through the whole thread and WOW!! Great grow with high brix! weather delayed me another day and my kit wont be in till tomorrow...oh well pateince is a virtue or some shit lol.

this thread was def yet another great inspiration to grow high brix!

+rep for sure!!

Thanks man! I appreciate it! Start a grow journal if you can. I love seeing other guys grows with the kit.

Can anyone else grow some great white shark with the kit?? I'd love to see someone else give it a try.

Congratulations on the nuptuals, Steppenwolf - the day I got married has remained the happiest day of my life!

How 'bout you grow a JD and I try a GWS? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Congratulations on the nuptuals, Steppenwolf - the day I got married has remained the happiest day of my life!

How 'bout you grow a JD and I try a GWS? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think I will take you up on that Gray! I have to get settled in a rental in about 4 months, but after I get that done, I think that's a good idea. I really want to give that strain a go.

I am happy your marriage is so positive. Good times man!

Hope you dont mind me jumping in this late but between you curso and doc im hoping to get the high brix right. My soil is cooking as of last night. Jan 2nd cant get here soon enough!
Ill be starting a new journal on day one and hope youll be around to give tips or advice or just call me a dumbass every now and then hahaha!!!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your journal....great job :)

Hope you dont mind me jumping in this late but between you curso and doc im hoping to get the high brix right. My soil is cooking as of last night. Jan 2nd cant get here soon enough!
Ill be starting a new journal on day one and hope youll be around to give tips or advice or just call me a dumbass every now and then hahaha!!!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your journal....great job :)

I hope you get a journal going and share your fun with the kit! And thank you for the kind words.

Long delay but pics in a day or so. I have four plants left in Kit soil that are week 3ish in flower. They just got a good cat drench a couple days ago and they are blowing me away.

The Afghani Kush went from OK to pretty ridiculous in a couple days. Crazy. They went from almost no trich production and very faint scent, to strong smelling and obvious frost with one cat drench application. That shit amazes me every time I use it. awesome.

The Wild Thai's show a lot of promise and look awesome after the drench. My only screw up was they grew too fast into the lights and the tops got a little crispy. They will be fine, lol.

No PM anywhere. That Eagle 20 stuff seems like the real deal. Thank you Doc, I should have listened to you sooner. Pics in a day or so. You guys will like them...

Ok guys here are some pics. They got water yesterday, and Brix weekly. Only sprayed Stress a couple times in veg.

Wild Thai
DSCF19421.JPG

Wild Thai top
DSCF19411.JPG

Wild Thai
DSCF19352.JPG

WT
DSCF19361.JPG

WT
DSCF19371.JPG

Afghani Kush. Cool looking plant. I supercropped this one and the side branching really took off. This will be one huge mass of bud.
DSCF19391.JPG

A Kush
DSCF19381.JPG

A Kush
DSCF19401.JPG

I will get more frequent with the pic updates as things start moving along. They seem to really grow fast now. I am really looking forward to how these finish...

Beautiful trich production, Steppenwolf, just beautiful!

:thumb:

Especially nice pics, too!

Looking great Steppenwolf

You're really everything like an artist now. I just love watching how everyone is working out their own applications of the different products. Finely tuned soil does wonderful things! I don't think hydro growers even enjoy "tweaking" the plants as much as we do.....well, maybe I'm just jealous.

The soil is awesome Doc! My favorite thing to do is be away from the grow for a night. It seems when I come back the plants have doubled in size. It's pretty fun. I really want to show you what these plants look like at the end.

Beautiful trich production, Steppenwolf, just beautiful!

:thumb:

Especially nice pics, too!

Thanks Gray! I appreciate you checking in. You are doing outstanding with the kit also!

For all those who know me know I'm still Broke Ass Reg & broke as ever!

Back
Top Bottom