Sterile Active Carbon DWC

Hemposaurus

420 Member
Hey everyone.

Recently retrying a hydro setup after battling pythium in my last few DWC grows. The problem was even at nominal temperatures I would sustain pythium growth (I believe do to the addition of Microbes and Mycos).

So this time, after extensive research I’m going to try a DWC grow completely sterile, but with some added Goodies I have synthesized myself.

Setup:
-DWC bucket with standard airstone
-Active Carbon
-Multivitamins
-5hr Energy
-NPK pellets
-Tea Tree Oil
-Lavender Oil
-Clove Oil
-Peppermint Oil
-Active Phosphates/Mg/Sulfur
-H2O2

Theory:

So the theory here is that the active carbon in the solution will take the place of beneficial bacteria. The large surface area of the carbon molecules will act as a root scrub, stripping away waste products created by the roots Rhizosphere (root exudates).
This scrubbing action keeps the roots clean so they can continue to grow and uptake nutrients extremely efficiently. Carbon also grabs onto adjacent nutrients and holds onto them until they come into contact with the roots, releasing them when needed by the plant.

Added Soluble Vitamins, Phosphates, and B-Vitamins brings a full spectrum of nutrients to the solution, as well as NPK pellets adding Nitrogen, Potash, and Additional Phosphorus.

The Addition of H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide) adds dissolved Oxygen to the solution for massive root uptake, as well as helping to stimulating a sterile environment when added.

Essential Oils added to the solution help Destroy the propagation of Fungus and Bacteria (Beneficial & Harmful)
In the reservoir, aswell as keeping harmful bugs away from your plant.

Last but not least, the solution is PH balanced before transplant (from soil base)

Will be posting photos as I go along to show results of testing.

Hey everyone.

Recently retrying a hydro setup after battling pythium in my last few DWC grows. The problem was even at nominal temperatures I would sustain pythium growth (I believe do to the addition of Microbes and Mycos).

So this time, after extensive research I’m going to try a DWC grow completely sterile, but with some added Goodies I have synthesized myself.

Setup:
-DWC bucket with standard airstone
-Active Carbon
-Multivitamins
-5hr Energy
-NPK pellets
-Tea Tree Oil
-Lavender Oil
-Clove Oil
-Peppermint Oil
-Active Phosphates/Mg/Sulfur
-H2O2

Theory:

So the theory here is that the active carbon in the solution will take the place of beneficial bacteria. The large surface area of the carbon molecules will act as a root scrub, stripping away waste products created by the roots Rhizosphere (root exudates).
This scrubbing action keeps the roots clean so they can continue to grow and uptake nutrients extremely efficiently. Carbon also grabs onto adjacent nutrients and holds onto them until they come into contact with the roots, releasing them when needed by the plant.

Added Soluble Vitamins, Phosphates, and B-Vitamins brings a full spectrum of nutrients to the solution, as well as NPK pellets adding Nitrogen, Potash, and Additional Phosphorus.

The Addition of H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide) adds dissolved Oxygen to the solution for massive root uptake, as well as helping to stimulating a sterile environment when added.

Essential Oils added to the solution help Destroy the propagation of Fungus and Bacteria (Beneficial & Harmful)
In the reservoir, aswell as keeping harmful bugs away from your plant.

Last but not least, the solution is PH balanced before transplant (from soil base)

Will be posting photos as I go along to show results of testing.

Very interesting......

As Old Salt stated, welcome to the forum (our village)

I would love to know how you knew you were infected by pythium?

Sounds like you have a deep background in biology.....

Never the less, I'm in for the grow....should prove to be interesting.

:popcorn:

Sounds very interesting and informative. I’m aboard. I’ve been having issues with root problems also in DWC. Third time should be a charm I hope!

Back
Top Bottom