Stevehman's Advanced LED 360 vs. 180 - Multiple Strains - NFT Grow 4.0

woot 10 more posts and I can PM.

*ya I know, but most of my posts are about something relevant!

Are the diamond series 3w3chip LEDs too?

Steve have you got to test the last grow yet? If so witch do you like the best?
I don't have documentation on the new Diamond Series, and no specs on the web site. I pulled out my magnifying glass and compared the two. The Diamond Series looks like a single 3watt chip. They look massive compared to the other lights (although, that is all relative when looking at things at 30x magnification).

As far as which one I like best it's like asking which is your favorite kid. I like them all, I would lean more towards the DS though. It's a great light.

ya I'd be interested in more of the spec info on them too. Not that I understand it at all yet.

I feel you there, but I was asking about the strains. You mentioned earlier that the p-chunk all stuck together in the bowl. It kinda sparked my interest. Have you got to try any of the harvest yet, if so what to think of them?

I'm putting together plans for a grow box that I'm hoping to have built befor I get my lights at the beginning of sep. When I get my sketches down would you mind taking a look and telling me what you think.
Finaly 50 now I can pm ;)

Littllman,
I haven't tried the P-chunk yet, still letting it cure a bit longer. But I'll tell you one thing, when I was doing my final trim and manicure, clipping all of the nugs of the stems. My fingers got so sticky from the resin on the stems. That's the first time I've had that much stickiness after they've dried. And they are smelling a little skunky, diesel-ish and sweet. Not an overpowering smell, very pleasant. I should have a smoke report up in a few days on that.

Here are my final "actual dry weigh" numbers:
Final_results.JPG

The G-Bud lost 79.5% weight to drying and the P-Chunk lost 77.6% of their weight. The yield number could easily be doubled by allowing the plants to veg an extra two weeks and maxing out the actual footprint. I only had the box at about 50% capacity and the next grow will be a better example of a max yield scenario.

I haven't grown my own hops since I moved down from Washington state 12 years ago. I should though, they're getting expensive and since I'm a West Coast IPA guy, i spend more on the hops than the rest of the ingredients combined. 10 gal all grain batch runs me $32 in hops and 30 in grains and yeast. (but it's a hop-monster)

If I drank any at all, I'd want to drink yours :love:

I plan a wall to wall SOG in a one meter tent (40"). Would your 360 cover it?
There are few LEDs that light a square footprint. I don't even want to know why :bong:
Ideally, I'd get two Diamond 400s and blast, but... later. Maybe a Diamond 300.
I'll start this thing with my motley collection of lights, and upgrade when I can.
Nice wrap-up :thumb:

A single 360 would be stretching a bit, but doable as long as you know the outer few inches will not have 100%, keep it 20~24 inches and you should be set. I would put a pair of the 300 Diamonds in there, or a single 600.

I hear you on the gear issue, I am doing it one light at a time. Harvest a grow, buy a light, harvest-buy, harvest-buy, rinse and repeat. I really wish I hadn't spent money on my other pair of 300s, I could have more of these lights. I got in a hurry and didn't plan ahead. Advanced had sold out of the lights I wanted, so I bought "the next best thing", turned out that company didn't even carry inventory--strictly drop-shipper. Live and learn.

As for the brew, this one is going to be an IPA of epic proportions, it's a good thing I have a lot of friends who will help me drink it. I've been doing the brew thing for 20+ years, you can tell by the nice "patina" on the brew system (aka rust).

Very nice finish! I can't believe I was only gone for like two weeks or so and you are already done with your grow it seems like you just started yours when I was only a month from the chop, no veg time really helps the time to move along I guess. So I read a little bit about your next set up that you are building, is it going to be like an ebb n flo? I'm hoping that my round 2 gets frosty like your last round. Sorry to hear about the bud rot but at least you caught it in the early stage. I am actually thinking of putting the buckets and brain away and go with 4 x 8 trays filled with hydroton so the roots can stretch and the plant number can increase as well.

:welldone::yahoo:

I will be using the same setup for the 360 comparison grow for height above canopy and will be putting the moms I have into a tent under the 800 that just came in today. The moms are in hempy buckets, so I will leave them in there and then after that grow I will build my first under current style system with 8 4 gal buckets. One step at a time.

Your setup is looking good by the way, everyone needs to get over to your current journal and give it 5 stars, +reps etc....

I gave everyone a sneak peak at the Grow 5.0, well I am going to be running a tent grow at the same time, it will be grow 5.1. Here's a little idea of what is going to be going into the tent later this week:
DSCN00014.JPG

I put the guitar next to it for scale. Can you say big and bright?

I will be using the same setup for the 360 comparison grow for height above canopy and will be putting the moms I have into a tent under the 800 that just came in today. The moms are in hempy buckets, so I will leave them in there and then after that grow I will build my first under current style system with 8 4 gal buckets. One step at a time.

Your setup is looking good by the way, everyone needs to get over to your current journal and give it 5 stars, +reps etc....

I'm definately looking forward to the new grow, Bro! :popcorn:

Your hydro setups are always impressive, I just don't know how you can move to a new one for each grow so easily, but I'm definately jealous! :bravo:

Also, I agree that Surfin's setup is a must see - not just an impressive grow, but if I could afford her, I'd hire her to put an addition on my house cuz' her construction skill are equally impressive! :)

I gave everyone a sneak peak at the Grow 5.0, well I am going to be running a tent grow at the same time, it will be grow 5.1. Here's a little idea of what is going to be going into the tent later this week:
DSCN00014.JPG

I put the guitar next to it for scale. Can you say big and bright?

Awesome light! :thumb:

I can't wait to see it in action!

The axe is pretty cool, too! :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom