SteveHman's Advanced LED Diamond Series - Lucy & Sage - Grow 6.0 - NFT

Day 50 in 12/12

The system is still ticking along like a Swiss watch. About 3 weeks left on this one (if I go by the breeder's finish times). I did some more defoliation to get some light down to the lower sites. After trimming the fan leaves my fingers were stuck together. these are going to be very sticky buds.

DSCN04034.JPG
DSCN04025.JPG
DSCN04114.JPG
DSCN04085.JPG
DSCN04103.JPG

Once I have more free time (after next week) I will break out my good camera and get a few Twelve12 worthy pictures.

Gorgeous. :circle-of-love:

Finally got some little clones about to go into 12/12, as the roots are just now showing. Can't wait to see them go nuts like this! (I hope I hope I hope) :bravo:

STEVE.....been meaning to ask you a question about mylar and the led lights. I just put some mylar up in my shower where im growing now and never noticed that much difference compared to the white of the shower.....Are the plants getting good reflective light with mylar with leds?????? as compared to the other lights?????? thanks, plants look great.

STEVE.....been meaning to ask you a question about mylar and the led lights. I just put some mylar up in my shower where im growing now and never noticed that much difference compared to the white of the shower.....Are the plants getting good reflective light with mylar with leds?????? as compared to the other lights?????? thanks, plants look great.

I don't think LEDs benefit that much from mylar (or diamond foil in my case). The lights are pretty focused with the lenses and very little actually hits the walls, and then what is reflect back on the plants isn't very strong. I think painting the sides with a good reflective white primer (maybe something like Kilz with a mold/mildew preventative) would be the best solution--and cheaper long term. In your situation, if you are using a white shower enclosure, I am sure it is more than adequate for the job. It's also easy to clean and sanitize between grows.

Day 55 in 12/12:

I took a few close ups of the top buds. The larger buds are the Lucy and the smaller ones are the Sage. I think the Lucy has been stealing the light from the Sage and they are not getting as big. This is my first run with both of these strains, so if anyone has experience with Sage (JZ) or Lucy (OMM) please chime in.

The checker board is 1 inch squares so you have a gauge of how large they are.

I will be doing a partial res change again in two days for the final two weeks of bloom. I'll also be taking clones for the next round this week. I need to decide on which strain to go with. I am thinking of just sticking with one strain for the chamber. I'm leaning towards the BuKu for the next round, short flower time and short height will be a good match for the next grow.

DSCN04177.JPG
DSCN04187.JPG
DSCN04195.JPG
DSCN04204.JPG
DSCN04215.JPG
DSCN04225.JPG
DSCN04236.JPG
DSCN04245.JPG
DSCN04256.JPG
DSCN04264.JPG

I've been trimming away the fan leaves and I need to start wearing a long sleeve shirt. My arms are all sticky from brushing against the leaves. It's going to be a good harvest!

Those look real nice Steve. Waiting to see what you grow next go round....

HI Steve.... kind of a late comer but have been watching for a few weeks now. very impressive. hope one day soon to achieve the same ha ha. had a fairly simple question and was wondering if you have might have time as im sure you know answer and im unsure. am starting a small dwc hydro grow from seed and have recently purchased a DS200. question 1 and i feel dumb for asking is both veg and flower switches 1 & 2 have the blue led's in them and was wondering if the veg has the multi color, blue, red a few green which is switch 1 and the flower has just the red and blue..switch 2 or the other way around. also once seedlings are under light do you think the 30" start ht is a good place to start? thanks for all the great pics and info. have learned lots from you already and there are lots of people out here who appreciate it.
LJ

These were taken yesterday on day 61 of 12/12. I think they have two weeks left to finish up. I will get the USB Microscope in there this week to get some trich-pics.

DSCN04512.JPG
DSCN04556.JPG
DSCN04546.JPG
DSCN04503.JPG

I took a bunch of cuttings on Monday in preparation for the next round. I will be doing a run of nothing but Burmese Kush. Trying to limit the variables in the chamber. I will be making a few more tweaks to it to continue the dial-in process.

I still need to get in and take some better quality photos. I have been super-busy with work and what time I have left to post on 420 has been dedicated to Mod-training and getting caught up on journals. To paraphrase Ice-T "modding aint easy"

Day 69 in 12/12

It's the last week for the girls, getting ready to chop them next Monday, just need to get my area prepped for all of the work that I will have to do. I haven't bought my trimmer yet, not sure if I can get one in before next week--looks like I will have carpal tunnel all next week.

The Lucy is getting ultra-frosty:
DSCN04503.JPG
DSCN04602.JPG
DSCN04597.JPG

The undersides of the leaves are covered in trichs. It looks crazy.

The Sage is looking nice as well, although it didn't produce the huge colas I had hoped for. I will have a few in my next tent grow to see if I can get them to produce a few weed-cicles.
DSCN04623.JPG
DSCN04634.JPG
DSCN04644.JPG
DSCN04654.JPG

One more week until the chop, that will put these at 10.5 weeks in 12/12. The breeder says 7~9 weeks to flower, it is about on track depending when you start counting your flowering times (once you have preflowers etc...).

Next round will be all BuKu and should be ready to go in by next Friday to get the next journal underway.

Do you ever run your lights with the blue off and use just the red for flowering? I was thinking to run just the red for the last few weeks of flower to finish ripening. Your grow is looking great. :)

Just wanted to say thank you for all your post's steve, im a relatively new user to the forums and have found you to be the man to go to when it comes to the information i have been looking for reference LED use with growing. I will be getting a new setup and starting a journal within the coming months but have enojyed all your journals and posts. very informative.:goodjob:

Chop was scheduled Monday. Now it's Wednesday Night. Did Steve's trimmer arrive? Does he have carparal tunnel now? Is he typing with his nose? Will we see pictures of the wonderfullness that is going to be this harvest?

Time will tell.

Can't wait to see!!! :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom