Stevehman's Advanced LED's 800W Diamond Series - Mulitple Strains - Hempy Grow

SteveHman
Just spent several days reading various journals and yours caught my eye because we seem to have the same goal... a set it and forget it kind of system. I have 2 questions for you if you don't mind.

My state has a fairly low limit on the number of plant a person can have so therefore I will need to grow them bigger to max yield. Id like to use LEDs but I have concerns about their ability to penetrate the canopy and cover larger plants adequately...any thoughts???

Also - haven't read your last 2 or current journal yet so I apologize if you answer this question there but what happened to the DWC system you were thinking about building??? I'm currently a dirt grower who would like to switch to hydro but put off by the fact that they require almost daily maintenance. Your NFT system was good as far as maintenance goes but don't think it would grow the plants as big as I need them so I'm very interested in seeing what you would come up with that could be used with larger plants.

Learned a lot about hydro & LEDs from reading your journals and plan to read the rest asap :thanks:

Lol sorry about the post earlier about wheres the finished journal..Lmao i didnt see the pages u had to go thru to see the complete journal. new to the site an was smoking some very good johnny baby. really liked the journal, i want to start my first grow in less than a month and this site has alot of great info. great job on the plants in the journal, they look delicious.

Hey everyone first post! Just got my Vanilla Kush seeds and will be ordering some Northern Lights from White Label within the next couple of weeks. I'm thinking about getting the Secret Jardin 4x4x7 grow tent for $211 on my first grow. How do you guys think 2 200W LED's from Advanced would fare in there? I know some have posted 2 400W but that's honestly outside of my budget. Would 2 200W's suffice?

I think it will depend on how many you plant, what type of grow. Big or small, few or more, etc. What's your target height to grow too? All of these questions play into light spread and depth of intensity. You'll get better, more educated answers after including that info.

I think it will depend on how many you plant, what type of grow. Big or small, few or more, etc. What's your target height to grow too? All of these questions play into light spread and depth of intensity. You'll get better, more educated answers after including that info.

I've gone back and forth about the type of grow. I really want to do a SCROG with maybe 2 plants to maximize my yield, but I'm afraid I'm going to mess it up and not do it properly. So I was thinking I'd just grow naturally with maybe 4 or 5 plants. With regards to height, since the Secret Jardin is 7' tall, I'm thinking I can't allow the plants to grow bigger than 5' by the time they're finished flowering because of spacing requirements between the light and cola tops...this again would mean the SCROG would be a great method to use because they'd never Veg through the wire, but under it.

2x200 will "suffice". Next grow add 2 more in when you can afford. I have never seen a 5 foot tall mmj plant under leds.....I think you should try a scrog w/ 2 plants the first time (each about 2'x2'). Keep a flat canopy and get a good yield.

I agree with OG13. LED won't like 5' tall plants. No point in it really. You'll want shorter plants and maybe make them wider. In general terms, 5' tall stuff is for the sun.

I agree with OG13. LED won't like 5' tall plants. No point in it really. You'll want shorter plants and maybe make them wider. In general terms, 5' tall stuff is for the sun.

So is the idea just to let it Veg under the chicken wire and make sure the apical buds are poking through the holes (via topping) until at least 80% of the screen is covered then move to 12/12? That's been my understand of it through research. BTW thx for the replies guys...this site is much better than some others when it comes to getting grow info!:Namaste:

So is the idea just to let it Veg under the chicken wire and make sure the apical buds are poking through the holes (via topping) until at least 80% of the screen is covered then move to 12/12? That's been my understand of it through research. BTW thx for the replies guys...this site is much better than some others when it comes to getting grow info!:Namaste:

You got it darth, the actual percentage depends on how much stretch your strain has. I'd start with 75% full, then flip to 12/12. You keep pulling the tips down and over to an empty space right up until bud set (stretch is almost over)

2x200 will "suffice". Next grow add 2 more in when you can afford. I have never seen a 5 foot tall mmj plant under leds.....I think you should try a scrog w/ 2 plants the first time (each about 2'x2'). Keep a flat canopy and get a good yield.

Would you advise using LEDs to grow very stretchy sativas like Blue Dream or Northern Lights #5 x Haze?

NL5xHaze is not a stretchy sativa, it's a moderate hybrid.....for tall you should get some landrace strains (Africa, S America, Asia). Never have grown sativa doms under LED, probably not recommended. Most sativa landrace strains are not meant for indoor anyways, they get too tall.

I picked up these tubs at the local Lowes, they are 2x3 and about 8 inches tall. Perfect for the 2 gal buckets, you can easily fit 6 in each.
DSCN00114.JPG
DSCN00106.JPG

I was wondering if you know what company make the plastic tubs that you use in your grow tent? I have been looking through the Lowes website but can't find them. Thanks!

m gonna go with the ds600 in a 32.5x22x60 grow cab. so the led did good on veg and flowering correct ? ill be soil also... just trying to make sure there upto par before i drop a 1200 dollars bro :)

Back
Top Bottom