Stevehman's Advanced LED's Height Test - 720W - Gigabud - Grow 5.0

Ok, I finally have a free minute to get my new journals up and running, but first a quick and shameless plug for the Monthly contests. I have entries in all three this month, if you enjoyed my last grow, please consider voting for the Gigabud. If not, just vote for the one that looks the best. Either way please vote so we can get more participation each month (the link to the contests is in my signature block).

Now on to the grow.

This is Grow 5.0 for me. I will be doing a test on the effects of the height of the lights over the canopy in regards to overall yield. I will be using Advanced LED's Extreme Flower 360 watt units. I will have them at two separate heights above the canopy once I flip them into 12/12. I will have the heights about 6~8 inches different. I will keep the actual height and which light is on each side until the final chop, so as not to sway opinion one way or the other.

Here are the particulars:

Strain: Gigabud (cloned from my mom-from-seed, genetics from G13 labs)
Lights: Advanced LEDs, 360 Extreme Flower x2
System: A slightly modified General Hydroponics Aeroflo 20
Nutrients: Cutting Edge Solutions, full line: Micro, Grow, Bloom, Uncle John's Blend, Plant Amp and Mag Amp. No other amendments to the regimen.
pH: 5.9
PPM: 950
Temp: 86
RH: 45%
Res Temp: 67
CO2 enrichment during lights on.

I took cuttings for this grow on 30 July and had fully rooted ready to transplant clones by the 16th of August. I decided to add an additional 2 weeks of veg time this round. Normally I go straight clone-to-12/12 but the last round of Gigabuds had almost zero stretch. I wanted to do a run that would maximize yield and possible get them a little taller than last time.

DSCN02964.JPG
DSCN02985.JPG

This is the clones on day one in the box for veg:
DSCN03025.JPG

This is the clones a week Later, they're getting bigger already:
DSCN00144.JPG

I start off with the level of the nutes in the NFT up to the bottom of the net pots, once I have a good set of roots going, I drop the level to about an inch deep to promote more flow.

I will do a nute change to the bloom mix and flip them next weekend. In the mean time I will go through and do a little trimming and fim'ing to maximize the number of top sites.

Re: Stevehman's Advanced LED's Height Test, 720w, Gigabud, Grow 5.0

Front row seat, Brother! Great start to what will, I'm sure, be another great grow & journal! :goodluck:

lookin forward to following this!

I am also here for this one dude. Can't wait to see how this grow turns out. The last two I have watched of your have left me in pure amazement. Keep it purple my friend

I'm in too

I'll get a few picks up today. I did some more topping on them while they're vegging their little butts off. I think the extra two weeks of veg will make a huge difference in the yield. I'll be changing nutes to the bloom mix and flipping them 12/12 on Monday. They should be nice and bushy by then and ready for a little stretch.

Nutrients: Cutting Edge Solutions, full line: Micro, Grow, Bloom, Uncle John's Blend, Plant Amp and Mag Amp. No other amendments to the regimen.

Why did you choose to ditch the Great White?

It works great in a free flow system, but was clogging up my laserlines in this setup. I had the same issue this grow as I did last grow. A thick, meaty, mushroomy growth in the filter, it was clogging it up. I put a good dose of H2O2 in to keep it down and everything is fine now. I like the Great White and would use it in a system that wasn't prone to clogging. My first NFT with the open 1/2 pipe was perfect, no need for a particulate filter so everything ran great. I'll go back to using it when I do the undercurrent design later this year, and I will put some in the hempy buckets on the other grow.

Back
Top Bottom