STGuy's First Grow - Soil - 2013 - Haven't Bought The Seeds Yet

STGuy

Hi
I'm starting the journal before I have actually started growing as I could use some advice on what to get for the grow.

For my first grow my only goal is that my plants survive and I learn the basics and then next time I'll try and do it as good as possible for better taste etc so I'm only looking to get the essentials and then next time I'll maybe put more money into it.

These are the weed strains I have been considering:
Nirvana Feminised Northern Lights
Automatic AK Female
Auto Northern Lights
Double Berry
I'm looking for a short strain that'll fit my cupboard (1 meter tall, 1 meter across, half a meter deep) with as high a yield as possible and as quick growth as possible. The auto ak seems good but it's a little more than I was looking to spend but as long as it's definetely worth it I'd be willing to pay the extra but I've always liked NL as well it's just great and I heard the smell was a little less intense. Also if you know of a good strain for what I described please let me know :)

Also I've been having trouble finding information about carbon filters. I've been able to find information on how to make them but nothing about how to install them (I REALLY don't want to cut into my cupboard) or how they actually work so if you have one I'd be very appreciative if you could post a couple pics or tell me where to find them :)

Finally here are the pictures I took of my supplies in my cupboard:
DSC_03335.jpg

My LED bulb (thinking about buying my friends from him for about £15 so I'll have 2) it's about 70% red/pink and 30% blue
DSC_03353.jpg

My pot, I got about 10 from ebay for £2 but I now realise I'll need bigger ones
DSC_03342.jpg

DSC_03393.jpg

DSC_03404.jpg

And these are the nutrients my friend gave me but I plan on going to buy some anyway
DSC_03362.jpg

DSC_03373.jpg

DSC_03385.jpg

I also have some pH paper but I forgot to take a pic of it
I was thinking of buying this:
BRAND NEW HYGROMETER LCD DIGITAL THERMOMETER BLACK NEW

I am extremely apreciative and thankful for any help, trying to learn how to grow is so complicated, you'd think it'd be easy what with it being a weed but there's just so much to it and so much to consider.
again thanks for any/all replies.

P.S. I'll probably have forgotten something so I'll post again if I did.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Hey I just recently finished my first grow. It was of Nirvana's Northern Lights Auto.
I did it in 11l square pots with 2/3 soil 1/3 perlite under a 600w hps, i wanted to do 5 but ended up with only 2 as my cupboard was too small for such a big (and hot) light but I was able to move them into a friends tent and it was fine there on out.My friend was doing the exact same strain too and we were both unimpressed. We ordered 1 10-pack and 2x5packs of the seeds,in every pack 2 simply didnt germinate at all (defo nothing wrong with how they were germed) and some more were simply week and barely germed. We also did some LST and it really messed them up what with them being auto. 1 of mine was LST'd n was only 1-2 feet tall the other was not LST'd but was topped around 4 weeks into flower i think, as it was getting too tall (at least a meter). my friend also LST'd some of his and there was a clear pattern in that not long after LST it would start flowering and gain hardly anymore height where as non-LST'd 1s were rather tall
I really don't recommend autos for 1st time, would have been way better and easier to be able to control when it flowered and it wasn't any quicker either which was a BIG factor in me choosing auto. I also wouldn't really recommend Nirvana's Northern Lights Auto.

In the end I got 0.92oz dried from the LST'd one and 3.8oz from the tall one even though it had been burned a little at the top.

Back
Top Bottom