Sticky Cannabis-Honey Combo: Magically Healthful And Delicious

Katelyn Baker

Cannabis-infused cuisine has become the go-to medicine for thousands of Americans, and edible options are proving to be limitless. Beyond improving the overall quality of life for millions, the much maligned medicinal herb is effective in relieving a long list of ailments ranging from stress, insomnia, and lack of appetite to seizures, cancer, and diabetes, to name just a few. Many have found combining the therapeutic elements of cannabis with those of other health-enhancing foods to be the ultimate one-two punch in their dietary regimen.

Shutterstock_OpenRangeStock_.jpg

Honey, being mostly pure sugar, is one of the sweetest elixirs known to man and has been used in the treatment and prevention of disease since the days of ancient Egypt. For centuries humankind has believed in the power of honey, and it is a key ingredient for those interested in a more holistic approach to health.

Loaded with antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, honey serves as a fantastic remedy for skin irritations, wounds, and infections; but the topical properties are just the beginning. Credited with alleviating allergies, increasing energy, suppressing coughs, weight loss, and even offering relief for the sleep deprived, honey truly is a must-have in the home. Always choose real raw honey wherever possible.

Lovin' spoonful

Shutterstock_Billion_Photos_.jpg

Researchers are still unlocking the mysterious powers of honey, antioxidant activity among them. Many of the cannabinoids are known cancer-cell killers; the two best known, tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol (THC and CBD), are powerful antioxidants. Such molecules scavenge free radicals and slow the growth of tumors.

According to Organic Facts, honey may do the same: "[Honey] contains nutraceuticals, which are very effective for the removal of free radicals from the body. As a result, our body-immunity-is improved against many conditions, even potentially fatal ones like cancer-or heart disease."

Fusing the potent healing elements of cannabis and honey is easy with the recipe below and a MagicalButter machine. Bring the sweetness and medicinal magic of nature into your kitchen with this delicious Magical Honey!

RELATED: For dozens of additional creative cannabis recipes, easy how-to videos, and how to get your own botanical extractor machine, visit MagicalButter.com.

Magical Honey

MagicalButter3.jpg

Ingredients

• ½-1 ounce high-quality herb flower, decarboxylated
  • 2½ cups local honey
  • 1 tablespoon distilled water per cup of honey
How-to

1. Place the ingredients inside your MagicalButter machine, and secure the lid.
2. Press the Temperature button, and select 130°F; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button. (If the lowest option on your machine is 160°F, use that setting.)
3. When the cycle is complete, disconnect the power cord from the machine. Strain your Magical Honey through your Purify filter into a mason jar or glass container, and enjoy!

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Garyn Angel is an inventor, award-winning financial consultant, and CEO of MagicalButter.com, maker of the botanical extractor he invented for infusing cannabis into foods. Firmly committed to needed legal reform, Angel was named to the exclusive CNBC NEXT LIST of visionary global business leaders for his work on legal marijuana. He is also founder of the Cheers to Goodness Foundation, a charity that helps "medical refugees"–mainly veterans and children–who need herbal therapy when traditional treatment options have failed.

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Author: Garyn Angel
Photo Credit: Shutterstock/Shutterstock/MagicalButter
Source: MagicalButter.com

Hey Katelyn,

Do you have a recipe for this honey without having to use the Magical Butter machine? Many of us on here are on government disability (that's why we need medical cannabis) and cannot afford this machine, unfortunately. Some times and guidelines for how to extract the medicine from the cannabis would help greatly.

Hey Katelyn,

Do you have a recipe for this honey without having to use the Magical Butter machine? Many of us on here are on government disability (that's why we need medical cannabis) and cannot afford this machine, unfortunately. Some times and guidelines for how to extract the medicine from the cannabis would help greatly.

Since there is no fat for the oils to be absorbed into in honey alone, try this recipe. I've made it numerous times and it works wonderfully.

- 1/2 - 1 oz Decarboxylated bud, ground
- 3 - 4 cups Raw honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil

Tie decarbed bud it cheesecloth tightly so it's all secured inside. If you have a crock pot, place the herb satchel in the bottom, coconut oil on top and then pour honey over them. Turn on lowest setting for a minimum of 6, max 8 hours and let it sit over night. Strain all you can out of the satchel and pour honey infusion into a jar! Use satchel to make some CannaChai Tea.

If you DO NOT have a crock pot, use a glass mason jar WITH lid and a large pot. Place herb satchel in bottom of jar, the coconut oil, then honey. Fill pot with water so it will come half way up the jar when placed inside. Put the lid on the jar, lid on the pot and bring to a simmer. Very low. The water, don't let the honey simmer, however it can bubble a bit. Let this go for 4-6 hours. After, take the jar out of the water and let sit in the counter until cooled. Remove satchel, Strain, make tea .. Store your honey in the fridge or in a cabinet for up to 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey GaBoy420,

Thanks so much for this recipe -- I really appreciate it. I DO in fact have a crock pot, and this looks like a really easy recipe. It seems that all I can find are recipes for either cannabutter or recipes using cannabutter, and who wants to eat a tablespoon of cannabutter at night while getting ready for bed? That's why this recipe for cannahoney is so great. I can use it in my tea before I go to bed at night and it can help my back while I sleep throughout the night. Truly, I appreciate your taking the time to write out this recipe for me.

Everyone on this site is so giving and so helpful. I'm overwhelmed at times.

Hey GaBoy420,

Thanks so much for this recipe -- I really appreciate it. I DO in fact have a crock pot, and this looks like a really easy recipe. It seems that all I can find are recipes for either cannabutter or recipes using cannabutter, and who wants to eat a tablespoon of cannabutter at night while getting ready for bed? That's why this recipe for cannahoney is so great. I can use it in my tea before I go to bed at night and it can help my back while I sleep throughout the night. Truly, I appreciate your taking the time to write out this recipe for me.

Everyone on this site is so giving and so helpful. I'm overwhelmed at times.

No problem at all, happy to be able to help! I'm actually about to make a batch of this today for my mother. She also used the butter medicinally. As you said, this can go in tea, on toast, in cookies, anywhere you'd use honey! And the coconut oil adds a wonderful subtle flavor to the honey without changing the consistency much. Hope this work for and helps you with getting to sleep and your back pain .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom