Sticky Fingaz Getting Spaced Out With The Mars Hydro FC 6500

Damn man, I finally get a notification from your thread....and your mutilating your plants!!!
It's all good. We've been there!
"The greatest teacher of all...is....our own mistakes...or, that didn't end up as expected" - me.
Looking good though!
Patience, turn your light down to 70% and 22 to 30 inches above plants during veg.
Give them time to recover, and take your time with training.
Good luck!

Damn man, I finally get a notification from your thread....and your mutilating your plants!!!
It's all good. We've been there!
"The greatest teacher of all...is....our own mistakes...or, that didn't end up as expected" - me.
Looking good though!
Patience, turn your light down to 70% and 22 to 30 inches above plants during veg.
Give them time to recover, and take your time with training.
Good luck!
Indeed, I have had a slight nightmare on occasion lol!!
But as you say, I don't really want to be asking people every 5 minutes, best to make the mistakes so I can learn.
I do need to adopt some patience though, my biggest flaw!!
Light is at 30 inches now, the plants do not like it too close even at 50%, they start showing signs of stress so its up as high as it can go now...I have to wear sunglasses in there when It's on 100% :cool:.....Blinding lol!

Thanks for dropping by buddy! :thumb:

One :love:

Your plants look awesome! Some are more susceptible to breaks than others, it happens. Things are looking good
Thank 'ya matey :thumb: Yh seems that way, 2 just don't like it really, easily broken but the other 2 where I still have 8 main branches are doing just fine.
I'm glad I have a bit more space to play with now so I have planted another 2, mimosa & purple, just in case. If the other 2 pick up then I can just practice some training on the new one's.
Either way, I'm not deflated, still loving it.......

Thanks for popping round dude!

Howdy do mate..

What you stressing about man. They look sweet.
. Purple punch is really neat and tidy, professional infact.. you've nailed it mate. Is this the first time as well?
I was frightened to touch my first plants.

Oh!! Where do you get your steamy generator from.. that looks like something I need. Well, something I want.

Well, I'm impressed anyway.. so sit back and admire your plants. You've got this growing lark sorted

Howdy do mate..

What you stressing about man. They look sweet.
. Purple punch is really neat and tidy, professional infact.. you've nailed it mate. Is this the first time as well?
I was frightened to touch my first plants.

Oh!! Where do you get your steamy generator from.. that looks like something I need. Well, something I want.

Well, I'm impressed anyway.. so sit back and admire your plants. You've got this growing lark sorted
@Squiggle Because I'm an absolute Stress 'ed my man :nervous-guy:

Thank you for the vote of confidence dude, really appreciate that! :adore:

I just like things to go right & when I mess it up, I just do my own head in lol!

Yes, this is my first time dong training like this. Before I used the scrog net on my critical I had only ever just let them grow, like you, too worried because I just didn't know what I was doing. But since being on here I got a little more confident about it. Just stressing because Auto's are temperamental from what I've heard on the grape vine, I know you can top & train because @Justin Goody has proved that time & time again. I'm just worried I may have caused them a little too much stress to cope with. Once they start growing more & you can see the branch structure better, you may take those comments back :laugh::laugh:
All I can do now is hope for the best & wait for flower. Will be going into week 4 next wk so maybe start seeing signs then :thumb:

The Humidifier is from ' Ugrowhydroponics ' based in Lancashire. its a G.A.S SonicAir 10 ltr model. I paid £80.00 for it from these guy's which is £20.00 cheaper than anywhere else in UK, plus delivery was quick too so great company in my eyes.

Thanks again buddy for the support :high-five:

How's the Mrs doing today, taking full advantage of the situation I hope!

Howdy do mate.

From this end, it looks like you have it all under control.. Take a deep breath, hold it for 5 and exhale: then repeat after me; " everything is great, I need not worry" :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was frightened of growing autos for the same reason. Urban myths and legends say that if you look at an auto, with nothing but affection in your eyes; they curl up and die on you.. but this white widow auto is as tuff as an over cooked steak.. she's been dropped twice with roots hanging out, she's been deprived of light, air and water; and she is the strongest out of the group.. they have really bounced back after the neglect last week. I'm well happy with them..
Oh! The missus is champion, thanks for asking. She's been up and hobbling about today; so I got her cleaning the gutters and mowing the lawn:p

Just showed the missus the steamy machine.. she said "WTF do you need one of them for"
They just don't get it, do they?

Howdy do mate.

From this end, it looks like you have it all under control.. Take a deep breath, hold it for 5 and exhale: then repeat after me; " everything is great, I need not worry" :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was frightened of growing autos for the same reason. Urban myths and legends say that if you look at an auto, with nothing but affection in your eyes; they curl up and die on you.. but this white widow auto is as tuff as an over cooked steak.. she's been dropped twice with roots hanging out, she's been deprived of light, air and water; and she is the strongest out of the group.. they have really bounced back after the neglect last week. I'm well happy with them..
Oh! The missus is champion, thanks for asking. She's been up and hobbling about today; so I got her cleaning the gutters and mowing the lawn:p

Just showed the missus the steamy machine.. she said "WTF do you need one of them for"
They just don't get it, do they?
No they don't get it bro.
I had to go through the same thing with mine....I just had to point out to her though.
You know when we go shopping for like bread, milk & the things we need, then bowl out the door with a trolley full of
' Bargains ' that we DIDN'T NEED! But bought purely for the fact they were on sale & I say " WTF do we need that for " & she say's
"well its a bargain isn't it, saved us money!" :hmmmm:
(surely, not buying the s**t in the first place would have saved us more)

I then troll all sites looking for what I need as cheap as possible & come back with....yep....you got it
" well, its a bargain isn't it..saved us money!" THE END!

Ahhh I see, normally I'd say getting the Mrs working this early is slightly harsh, but then I remembered, you wanna get another tent set up indoors right? So putting her out side is probably best :thumb: As you were my son, crack on!!!

Yep, again, listening & reading too much can have a negative effect on our growing capabilities I believe.
I was really worried but at the end of the day, like your WW, they still go strong!
Trust the herb :yummy:

I had to go through the same thing with mine....I just had to point out to her though.
You know when we go shopping for like bread, milk & the things we need, then bowl out the door with a trolley full of
' Bargains ' that we DIDN'T NEED! But bought purely for the fact they were on sale & I say " WTF do we need that for " & she say's

I then troll all sites looking for what I need as cheap as possible & come back with....yep....you got it

Ahhh I see, normally I'd say getting the Mrs working this early is slightly harsh, but then I remembered, you wanna get another tent set up indoors right? So putting her out side is probably best :thumb: As you were my son, crack on!!!

Yep, again, listening & reading too much can have a negative effect on our growing capabilities I believe.
I was really worried but at the end of the day, like your WW, they still go strong!
Just because it's on sale doesn't mean you have to buy it. So I've said to wife many times

Trust the herb indeed..
Yup, Same woman I think..she will just pop into the shops for a double barreled bog roll and she will come out with three bags of tat, that cost 50 quid.. just because everything was cheap.. :hmmmm:

I've just got her a treat.. I said the new Steam machine I want, comes with 20 free packets of steam, so I won't need to buy any of that for a few months :laugh: she said " oh!!! Ok then" :rofl:
Poor thing; she's as baked as a potato at the moment, so I will let her off

:)UPDATEY TIME :)
WEEK 3 VEG ( DAY 24 )

The break's have stopped..for now at least!

Given the mutilation that's been going on I really don't think they're all that bad. I have 2 that are doing just great in terms of the training I wanted to achieve. The other 2 skeletons are looking a bit battered but from the top..you wouldn't know. Just letting them grow out now with slight bending going on. Here they are.

This is Mimosa...

20210707_153225583_iOS.jpg
20210707_153214026_iOS.jpg

Purple punch...

20210707_153244839_iOS.jpg

She had bushed out again since the last training session, I tied her down again today & removed some lower foliage that was just lying in the soil pretty much!

Bruceeee Banner...

20210707_153319198_iOS.jpg

20210707_153328423_iOS.jpg
20210707_134958580_iOS.jpg

& finally, the Kosher cake...I do feel sorry for this girl as she has received the worst abuse...

20210707_153401176_iOS.jpg
20210707_153342560_iOS.jpg

This one is very snappy, had a nightmare with her but again, from the top still looks promising..ish.

& here's the lot...

20210707_153532663_iOS.jpg

That's my ZkittleZ from my other journal bopping away there in the middle & the other mimosa & purple has popped their heads through today so awesome. Hopefully all this space will be crammed soon....yum yum yum!

:)UPDATEY TIME :)
WEEK 3 VEG ( DAY 24 )

The break's have stopped..for now at least!

Given the mutilation that's been going on I really don't think they're all that bad. I have 2 that are doing just great in terms of the training I wanted to achieve. The other 2 skeletons are looking a bit battered but from the top..you wouldn't know. Just letting them grow out now with slight bending going on. Here they are.

This is Mimosa...

20210707_153225583_iOS.jpg
20210707_153214026_iOS.jpg

Purple punch...

20210707_153244839_iOS.jpg

She had bushed out again since the last training session, I tied her down again today & removed some lower foliage that was just lying in the soil pretty much!

Bruceeee Banner...

20210707_153319198_iOS.jpg

20210707_153328423_iOS.jpg
20210707_134958580_iOS.jpg

& finally, the Kosher cake...I do feel sorry for this girl as she has received the worst abuse...

20210707_153401176_iOS.jpg
20210707_153342560_iOS.jpg

This one is very snappy, had a nightmare with her but again, from the top still looks promising..ish.

& here's the lot...

20210707_153532663_iOS.jpg

That's my ZkittleZ from my other journal bopping away there in the middle & the other mimosa & purple has popped their heads through today so awesome. Hopefully all this space will be crammed soon....yum yum yum!
They look awesome mate.. well ahead of mine and they were born on the same day. It could be genetics or it could be you've got it all dialled in and you need to stop worrying. They are fandabydosy, as wee jimmy krankie would say..

Hey guy's.

Really sorry I haven't replied to anyone or been online for a while. Things have been so hard recently with a number of things & I just haven't had the time.
I've got massively behind & got a lot of catching up to do.

Had problems in the grow room. The heat killed my Mimosa cake, seems the high temps & humidity were just too much too handle! She developed A fungal disease so I had to cut her down. I've had to take everything out, rewire it all to move the fan controller, add a contactor & I had to buy an air con unit. Well actually I brought 4 from a local cash converters lol. De'longhi PAC N82 ECO's. I have one spare so If anyone needs air con lol ........ The unit controls the temps down to 16 c & also runs as an exhaust so I have my fans running on minimum now. Things seem to back under control in the grow room now thank God & I'm getting on top of everything at home also.

I will do a proper update later today with pictures, I just have to do some things for the Mrs & some general ' house wifey ' stuff first!

Thanks for dropping In to see how things have been going, sorry its taken so long to get back.

Sorry to hear things have been a bit tough recently mate. Glad you're still about though. Are those aircon units any good then? Thinking of getting something before next summer. 1. To help with my garden temps. 2. To stop the Mrs complaining about how hot it is :laugh:

AN UPDATE OF SORTS
(WEEK 7 - DAY 53)

Don't know where to start :hmmmm: - I've just looked back & I really have missed so much out. Although I haven't been actively updating I've still managed to take some 300 photo's, can't upload all those obvs so I'll have to narrow this down........a lot!!!!!

So many people have probably had issues with the heat & this grow is no exception. At first, they seemed to be coping quite well. I had to increase the humidity to about 75 - 85% (VPD Chart) to compensate the hot temps, after a while Mimosa cake just started showing signs of major stress. Leaves curling, drooping then wilting. I couldn't keep up with watering, 3 litres most days. As soon as I water they're dry again. I noticed a deficiency as the leaves started going real pale yellow, but no amount of nutes or amendments we're helping. I then started noticing Black spots appearing both top & underside of leaves. After some looking I realised she had
'Leaf Septoria'
It's a fungal disease that affects foliage & growth & is caused by high temps & high humidity. It's recommended that the plant be isolated immediately as the disease can be transferred. As I had nowhere to put her she had to face the axe.

I'm now down to Purple punch, Kosher cake, Bruce Banner, a mini Mimosa that I started & my Zkittlez.
Here's the room now..

20210805_145124533_iOS.jpg

They are not massive & wont win me any yield awards, I stressed 'em out too much with the training..I know this! But I'm still hopeful that I'll have some decent nugs at the end.

Here's some PP..

20210805_055908132_iOS.jpg
20210805_055926528_iOS.jpg
20210805_055936159_iOS.jpg
20210805_061956637_iOS.jpg
20210805_145006600_iOS.jpg

By far the most developed flower wise.
Here's Kosher cake..

20210805_060022417_iOS.jpg
20210805_060847855_iOS.jpg
20210805_060908717_iOS.jpg

She took a while to get going as she received the most abuse during training, countless broken branches which resulted in a 'Hexline'..ish! But, despite that she seems to be coming into her own now.
To be continued.........

Bruce Banner..

20210805_055945790_iOS.jpg
20210805_061844724_iOS.jpg
20210805_061901287_iOS.jpg
I'd say Brucee has been my fave so far, just loved the way she's grow, really cant wait to see what she produces.
Here's my mini Mimosa I started. She's in a tiny pot but just wanted to see what I could get out of it I suppose..

20210805_055850902_iOS.jpg

Ahhh, cute lol!

So that's where we're at people. It's been rough to say the least, as I mentioned earlier; after getting the air con up there the electrics kept tripping out So I Had to invest in a contactor to handle the surge. I got one of these from Canatronics, second hand....naturally.

20210728_150008221_iOS 1.jpg

@VetSmoke85 Yes bro, the air con does work :thumb: But you can't keep plants & Mrs happy at the same time...which I found out. I took Her for a pre op exam & while I was waiting I nipped into cash converters. They had these air con units for cheap, so I brought one. When I told the Mrs how happy I was she was over the moon also :hmmmm: Confused.com
She said she couldn't wait to get it in the bedroom ( & not that, you naughty lot, the air con lol ) - Not happy at all when I said it was for the plants! F**k that I think was the chosen response. So we high tailed it back there & I ended up leaving with 4!! One for us, one for the daughter & one for the loft, I now have one spare lol! Another one of those " But it's a bargain!" :laugh:

Its an awesome machine & life saver. It keeps a constant temp & its thermostatically controlled as well so its not always on. When the air con goes off it switches to fan mode. I have an exhaust from the air con going out of the room so it doubles up as ventilation. I still keep the exhaust fans running on the fan controller because when the air con goes off I still need to draw out the moisture as my humidifier has no humidistat.

20210805_144945951_iOS.jpg
20210805_144914372_iOS-1.jpg

So there we are, all up to date.....phew!!!

I really can't thank everyone enough for dropping in & checking up, really appreciated guy's so Big up :thumb:
I'm going to bust on over to you all & see what's been going on, I'll have some reading to do for sure!
Speak soon & I'll be back with more regular updates.

Cheers Guy's.

20210805_060001022_iOS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom