Sticky Fingaz Getting Spaced Out With The Mars Hydro FC 6500

Sticky fingaz

20210609_154000359_iOS.jpg

:cheer::circle-of-love::theband: YOOOOOOOO 420!!! :theband::circle-of-love::cheer:
How's everybody doing on this fine day? Good I hope, so I'm just going to name drop some guy's on here quickly;
@Bill284 @Squiggle @Bud Love @Furcifer @VetSmoke85 @Mdlroad @Cola Monster @InTheShed @Mars Hydro

I've been away for a while, Unfortunately I had to ditch my other journal I was starting as I had to change some things around. But, It's all up & running now so let's begin :cheer:

So firstly, I want to thank Joy @Mars Hydro for getting the FC 6500 to me! :Namaste: Let's take a look at what we have here...
20210609_123220637_iOS.jpg

20210426_113106000_iOS.jpg
20210426_113121000_iOS.jpg

There's no other words to explain this light other than 'beast'!!!! There's no build required as it arrives fully assembled. It hinges in the middle so its easy to get through a loft hatch :cheesygrinsmiley: The whole thing is sturdy & the build quality is second to none. The design reminds me slightly of Doc Browns Delorean, sleek lines & elegance! Its super easy to install with the supplied heavy duty hangers & the light on 100% Is bright bright bright :cool: I wouldn't be surprised if I caught the Mrs lying under it one day :rofl: ( hopefully not )
My first impression's of this product Is just wow!! Really excited to how it performs & more importantly, what kind of harvest can I expect. Stick around to see what happens.
Just to thank @Mars Hydro one more time, thanks for being a sponsor on this fab forum site & giving us the opportunity to use some top of the range lighting. One :love: to you guy's.

20210609_123220571_iOS.jpg

Moving on, just a quick mention on the organic soil amendments. I'm leaving the liquid fertilizer behind & opting for Living soils.
20210609_123220669_iOS.jpg

- THE STRAINS -
I'm giving Auto's a try this time round just to say ' I've done it ' From the responses I've had these are kinda like ' Marmite ', you either love it or you hate it. As I've had a longer break than expected in-between grow's. I'm hoping the quicker turn around will be to my advantage.
The breeder of choice is not a ' Direct sponsor ' of this forum, but the seed's can be purchased from @Zamnesia & @dopeseeds.

( Please DO NOT ask direct questions about the breeder or ask for links to any outside websites - this grow is aiming mainly on the light. I will make references to the strains but WILL NOT be able to make recommendations or anything of this sort - What I can do is recommend @Zamnesia & @Dopeseeds where you can purchase not only these seeds, but seeds from many different breeder's - Thank you for understanding :Namaste: )
20210609_123220445_iOS.jpg
20210609_123220467_iOS.jpg
20210609_123220488_iOS.jpg
20210609_123220513_iOS.jpg
:surf: THE GROW ROOM :surf:
For anyone who followed my last journal, you will know that I had a very small grow space! Well, I've actually managed to get the loft area sorted for this journal :cheer: Not massive but 4 plants will do me for now :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:
So this is it, basically constructed from plasterboard & white reflective sheeting. I used an old camping tent ground sheet for the floor & entrance & sealed it up as best as I can. Going with an ' Active ventilation system ' this time instead of passive. I chose this way as I wanted to actually draw air from out side rather than from my house. So I've connected my intake to my bathroom extraction so I have an in for tent & out for bathroom extractor.
Here we go....

20210525_184957793_iOS.jpg
20210525_185009944_iOS.jpg
20210525_185022858_iOS.jpg
20210525_185045620_iOS.jpg

:circle-of-love:This is a boom moment for me as its taken ages to get this up, but there she is...in all her glory :circle-of-love:

Here's what's been going on.....
20210609_111745338_iOS.jpg

Soil Prepped...
20210609_123810748_iOS.jpg
20210609_112440676_iOS.jpg
20210609_112647205_iOS.jpg

Thanks for the invite Sticky!:thanks: I'll be watching quietly from the cheap seats as always.:blunt:

Awesome start to the journal. I'm in to follow along. I keep wondering if I should do another run of autos so this will help me decide. Happy growing!
Thanks for that buddy :high-five: Nice of you to drop in!
Mate, I've had a longer break than expected. I've almost ran out of flower from my last grow so this is another major reason for trying the Auto's. It's just curiosity really, I've had positive & negative feed back from these. But I've also heard of a grower achieving 10 oz from an auto so gotta be worth a try. I'd appreciate it if you kept an eye on me please as you've grown auto's before, any hints or tips would be greatly received. Thanks again my friend, you enjoy your day.
One :love:

Thanks for the invite Sticky!:thanks: I'll be watching quietly from the cheap seats as always.:blunt:
BOOM!!!! No worries at all buddy, thank you for joining in, muchas muchas appreciated. ( the cheap seats are underrated anyway :high-five:) Take it ez my man.

20210609_154000359_iOS.jpg

:cheer::circle-of-love::theband: YOOOOOOOO 420!!! :theband::circle-of-love::cheer:
How's everybody doing on this fine day? Good I hope, so I'm just going to name drop some guy's on here quickly;
@Bill284 @Squiggle @Bud Love @Furcifer @VetSmoke85 @Mdlroad @Cola Monster @InTheShed @Mars Hydro

I've been away for a while, Unfortunately I had to ditch my other journal I was starting as I had to change some things around. But, It's all up & running now so let's begin :cheer:

So firstly, I want to thank Joy @Mars Hydro for getting the FC 6500 to me! :Namaste: Let's take a look at what we have here...
20210609_123220637_iOS.jpg

20210426_113106000_iOS.jpg
20210426_113121000_iOS.jpg

There's no other words to explain this light other than 'beast'!!!! There's no build required as it arrives fully assembled. It hinges in the middle so its easy to get through a loft hatch :cheesygrinsmiley: The whole thing is sturdy & the build quality is second to none. The design reminds me slightly of Doc Browns Delorean, sleek lines & elegance! Its super easy to install with the supplied heavy duty hangers & the light on 100% Is bright bright bright :cool: I wouldn't be surprised if I caught the Mrs lying under it one day :rofl: ( hopefully not )
My first impression's of this product Is just wow!! Really excited to how it performs & more importantly, what kind of harvest can I expect. Stick around to see what happens.
Just to thank @Mars Hydro one more time, thanks for being a sponsor on this fab forum site & giving us the opportunity to use some top of the range lighting. One :love: to you guy's.

20210609_123220571_iOS.jpg

Moving on, just a quick mention on the organic soil amendments. I'm leaving the liquid fertilizer behind & opting for Living soils.
20210609_123220669_iOS.jpg

- THE STRAINS -
I'm giving Auto's a try this time round just to say ' I've done it ' From the responses I've had these are kinda like ' Marmite ', you either love it or you hate it. As I've had a longer break than expected in-between grow's. I'm hoping the quicker turn around will be to my advantage.
The breeder of choice is not a ' Direct sponsor ' of this forum, but the seed's can be purchased from @zamnesia & @dopeseeds.

( Please DO NOT ask direct questions about the breeder or ask for links to any outside websites - this grow is aiming mainly on the light. I will make references to the strains but WILL NOT be able to make recommendations or anything of this sort - What I can do is recommend @Zamnesia & @Dopeseeds where you can purchase not only these seeds, but seeds from many different breeder's - Thank you for understanding :Namaste: )
20210609_123220445_iOS.jpg
20210609_123220467_iOS.jpg
20210609_123220488_iOS.jpg
20210609_123220513_iOS.jpg
:surf: THE GROW ROOM :surf:
For anyone who followed my last journal, you will know that I had a very small grow space! Well, I've actually managed to get the loft area sorted for this journal :cheer: Not massive but 4 plants will do me for now :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:
So this is it, basically constructed from plasterboard & white reflective sheeting. I used an old camping tent ground sheet for the floor & entrance & sealed it up as best as I can. Going with an ' Active ventilation system ' this time instead of passive. I chose this way as I wanted to actually draw air from out side rather than from my house. So I've connected my intake to my bathroom extraction so I have an in for tent & out for bathroom extractor.
Here we go....
Sounds like a plan I'm in TY for the tag

I'm in! :popcorn: Sweet setup. I'm doing a couple of FastBuds autos right now and so far pretty impressed. I'm also using the same soil amendments as you. Well I used the photoperiod grow one to get started and now on the auto bloom.

Hey mate
Can I ask if that fan I see on the floor is ok with the humidity from the bathroom?
Reason being.. I used one very similar and i don’t think it liked the steam. Something started burning inside the fan..Mine was a 4” GAS rvk fan. I let it dry out for ages before trying it again. It’s ok now still using it with a diffuser to mix it up in the tent.
Peace to ya

Hey mate
Can I ask if that fan I see on the floor is ok with the humidity from the bathroom?
Reason being.. I used one very similar and i don’t think it liked the steam. Something started burning inside the fan..Mine was a 4” GAS rvk fan. I let it dry out for ages before trying it again. It’s ok now still using it with a diffuser to mix it up in the tent.
Peace to ya
Hello buddy, long time no speak. Got the bathroom finished at last. Every problem you could think of....happened..ffs!!
Hope your well & doing good fella, played anything recently??
So yh, basically what I've done is put a splitter in the bathroom extraction. The ceiling extractor takes out the steam & out vent, but right next to it I have my intake running parallel taking fresh air in. So they're totally separate but using same vent to keep the stealth going :thumb:
Thanks for joining in matey.

20210525_184957793_iOS.jpg
20210525_185009944_iOS.jpg
20210525_185022858_iOS.jpg
20210525_185045620_iOS.jpg

:circle-of-love:This is a boom moment for me as its taken ages to get this up, but there she is...in all her glory :circle-of-love:

Here's what's been going on.....
20210609_111745338_iOS.jpg

Soil Prepped...
View attachment 2369460
20210609_123810748_iOS.jpg
20210609_112440676_iOS.jpg
20210609_112647205_iOS.jpg

Hey buddy hope all is well.
Great start to your new journal.
Love the room the light and those air pots.
And your graphics on all your shots. :goodjob:
Everything looks buttoned down well.
Where does that fan discharge?
In flower it'll be quite pungent.
Thanks for the invite. :thanks:
Bill

Hello buddy, long time no speak. Got the bathroom finished at last. Every problem you could think of....happened..ffs!!
Hope your well & doing good fella, played anything recently??
So yh, basically what I've done is put a splitter in the bathroom extraction. The ceiling extractor takes out the steam & out vent, but right next to it I have my intake running parallel taking fresh air in. So they're totally separate but using same vent to keep the stealth going :thumb:
Thanks for joining in matey.
Hey mate
Hope your all doin good?
Nice to see you around again.
Glad the bathroom went well( ish) for you, always handy having one of those.
I’m doin fair to good thank you ,can’t complain, y know:)
Haven’t played anything though, way too busy with my new hobbies at the min..
Turns out giant puppy dogs and extreme environment gardening are all consuming.ha
Who knew? I’ll answer that one for you;). Anybody that bothers their arse to do some research before hand would know:)
Oh yeah, an that question about the fan was a test. You scored 10/10
Your obviously not as daft as I can be:). That’s a pretty low bar for a test, I know. But hey..a pass is a pass:)
Peace an buds matey

Howdy do.
Sorry I'm late, I missed the bus..i got here as quick as I could; to grab the best chair in the house..

What an amazing start to this journal. Well impressed.
I will be following closely.
Good luck man :thumb:
Hey Buddy, Glad ya got here safe & sound! :high-five:

Cheers for the kind words dude, thank you very much! Super excited for this one bro, I joined 420 half way through my last grow so journal was rushed. Had more time with this one.

Thanks for joining in my man. Speak soon

I love the white material looks super classy! Are you planning on doing any training with these ladies?
Cheers matey! Took a while to get it all finished but happy with the result :yahoo:

I will indeed be training these ladies. With light as high as I can get it, only leaves me around 1m30cm between top of pot & light. I've had it on good authority that LST is the best way forward as topping can delay & effect final yield....which no one wants do they lol! So it'll be a simple case of gently training branches horizontally for a while then leave it to do It's thing. I'll probably lollipop as well. just to force all the energy to those top buds. I ended up with 32 tops on my last grow & that just resulted in lots of pop corn buds. I had some nice cola's but could have been better. But, that's what it's all about right. We live & learn. :cool:

Hey buddy hope all is well.
Great start to your new journal.
Love the room the light and those air pots.
And your graphics on all your shots. :goodjob:
Everything looks buttoned down well.
Where does that fan discharge?
In flower it'll be quite pungent.
Thanks for the invite. :thanks:
Bill
Hey Bill, Long time no speak.

All's good my friend thank you, I hope everything is gravy for you & the family also!

You like the air pots do you ;) lol! Yh somebody said they were pretty good :laugh:
The discharge is going out through my bathroom ventilation & up into the sky! I started getting asked a few questions on the last one because the extraction was just pumping out into my office lmao! Smelt great but not the one!

No worries at all buddy, glad you made it for the ride. Speak soon

Hey mate
Hope your all doin good?
Nice to see you around again.
Glad the bathroom went well( ish) for you, always handy having one of those.
I’m doin fair to good thank you ,can’t complain, y know:)
Haven’t played anything though, way too busy with my new hobbies at the min..
Turns out giant puppy dogs and extreme environment gardening are all consuming.ha
Who knew? I’ll answer that one for you;). Anybody that bothers their arse to do some research before hand would know:)
Oh yeah, an that question about the fan was a test. You scored 10/10
Your obviously not as daft as I can be:). That’s a pretty low bar for a test, I know. But hey..a pass is a pass:)
Peace an buds matey
:theband: Ha ha sneaky lol! Fancy dropping a test on me like that, but your right... a pass is a pass :laugh:

Yes it is time consuming.. but great! I shall pop over & take a look at what your doing as soon as I get a minute.
Great to hear all's good with you my friend. Will catch up again soon!

:surf: - DAY 2 OF GERMINATION - :surf:

Babies have been soaking now for 18 HRS. Evidence of tap roots Is visible on all seeds.

I've now transferred to paper towel's & covered with cling film.

I will check progress again in around 12 HRS......
20210610_084813418_iOS.jpg

20210610_084516918_iOS.jpg

20210610_084725257_iOS.jpg

20210610_084928627_iOS.jpg

20210610_085056708_iOS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom