Sticky Fingaz: Thoughts In the Darkness

Sticky fingaz

1619956196404.png

1619956246807.png

THE BENCH

The flood of stars permeates through the daylight making way to the night.
The bustling noise from the streets Is reduced to a mild drone & you are abandoned by the Sun, left in your solitude with nothing to keep you company but your thoughts in the darkness.

You anticipate the inevitable as you patiently wait for your mind to be taken swiftly into the land of dreams...But, to your dismay, your mind refuses to Be powered off”!

I lay there, wide eyed, staring at the silky emulsion that once shone a bright White, as the gentle breeze creeps in through the window & shadow’s dance across the ceiling, I try to make sense of the silent movie from my front row seat, a face...no... a body....NO! My mind is playing tricks!

What’s that?!!.....

Dude, that shirts been hanging on that wardrobe for 6 days. Phew!

Your ears become finely tuned as the surrounding noise resonates & encapsulates your mind.
The little table fan, that, for the most part, serves only to replace the dust back to its original resting place. Now sounds like a fucking Boeing 747. Your able to distinguish when it oscillates, it reaches its full turn with a ‘click click’. Only to repeat the process, again & again!

You look to your partner, who has given in to the dream master. Rem’s display violent repetitions as their story unfolds beneath their eye lids.
I can hear every breath. Every exhale as the body goes into Auto pilot.

What’s that?!!!

Dude, FFS! You know you locked the door, the cats in the litter box!...

& there you are, with you.... asking yourself a question, to then, get an answer! Exalted in thought....

Is it a crime, for a sublime mind to be as fragile as mine? Am I alone on this night, Lost in time?
I need answers! Did I take the meat from the freezer, I’ve been planning this meal for a while, I wanted to please her!

I take a walk, out into the cold! As I investigate the sky, it seems blank....
No!
The dull flickering ambiance from the rusty, rickety street light masks the stars.

What’s that?!!!......

A fallen star? Then becomes two! As I approach, they move, an affiliate of the night. Fixed in the distance.
A fox now safe to emerge from his den. Scavenging in the foliage to ensure his existence.

As the hill where I find solace closes in, I peer up....

Who’s that guy sitting on the bench?!!! …..

It Is I, your friend your brother. Come, take my hand & sit with me.
If no room can be found,
take my seat & I shall reside to the ground.

Why are you here?!!!

My brother, for the same reason you are here!
For peace, calm & serenity. Look out over the valley, do you not feel released.
You Stand on the shoulders of giants,
But feel Suppressed by the world that confines us.

I confine you not but offer encouragement - to be yourself!
Do not allow the confines of your existence to determine your journey.
Open your heart & soul, listen …. & hear me!

I am here to offer you my strength, Use me as you will to bring calmness.
I will always be here for you, on the top of this hill,
So your never alone with your thoughts in the darkness.

One :love:

-STICKY-

1619956196404.png

1619956246807.png

THE BENCH

The flood of stars permeates through the daylight making way to the night.
The bustling noise from the streets Is reduced to a mild drone & you are abandoned by the Sun, left in your solitude with nothing to keep you company but your thoughts in the darkness.

You anticipate the inevitable as you patiently wait for your mind to be taken swiftly into the land of dreams...But, to your dismay, your mind refuses to Be powered off”!

I lay there, wide eyed, staring at the silky emulsion that once shone a bright White, as the gentle breeze creeps in through the window & shadow’s dance across the ceiling, I try to make sense of the silent movie from my front row seat, a face...no... a body....NO! My mind is playing tricks!

What’s that?!!.....

Dude, that shirts been hanging on that wardrobe for 6 days. Phew!

Your ears become finely tuned as the surrounding noise resonates & encapsulates your mind.
The little table fan, that, for the most part, serves only to replace the dust back to its original resting place. Now sounds like a fucking Boeing 747. Your able to distinguish when it oscillates, it reaches its full turn with a ‘click click’. Only to repeat the process, again & again!

You look to your partner, who has given in to the dream master. Rem’s display violent repetitions as their story unfolds beneath their eye lids.
I can hear every breath. Every exhale as the body goes into Auto pilot.

What’s that?!!!

Dude, FFS! You know you locked the door, the cats in the litter box!...

& there you are, with you.... asking yourself a question, to then, get an answer! Exalted in thought....

Is it a crime, for a sublime mind to be as fragile as mine? Am I alone on this night, Lost in time?
I need answers! Did I take the meat from the freezer, I’ve been planning this meal for a while, I wanted to please her!

I take a walk, out into the cold! As I investigate the sky, it seems blank....
No!
The dull flickering ambiance from the rusty, rickety street light masks the stars.

What’s that?!!!......

A fallen star? Then becomes two! As I approach, they move, an affiliate of the night. Fixed in the distance.
A fox now safe to emerge from his den. Scavenging in the foliage to ensure his existence.

As the hill where I find solace closes in, I peer up....

Who’s that guy sitting on the bench?!!! …..

It Is I, your friend your brother. Come, take my hand & sit with me.
If no room can be found,
take my seat & I shall reside to the ground.

Why are you here?!!!

My brother, for the same reason you are here!
For peace, calm & serenity. Look out over the valley, do you not feel released.
You Stand on the shoulders of giants,
But feel Suppressed by the world that confines us.

I confine you not but offer encouragement - to be yourself!
Do not allow the confines of your existence to determine your journey.
Open your heart & soul, listen …. & hear me!

I am here to offer you my strength, Use me as you will to bring calmness.
I will always be here for you, on the top of this hill,
So your never alone with your thoughts in the darkness.

-STICKY-
Thats Amazing.

Thats Amazing.
@Bill284 :love: Thank you very much Bill, I thought you had read this before on my other thread? I'm trying to work on more things at the moment, but as I said to @Bud love In another thread, I try to make it light hearted but they always seem to revert to the darkside LoL!

My aim Is to complete an auto biography of sorts, but narrated in poems, that's the aim anyway. We shall see how we get on with It, all the positive comments from you guys though is priceless & means a great deal :Namaste:

Hope your well & had a great weekend my friend.

So any way, It's just been one of those times recently, had plenty of flowers to smoke so random stuff has been going through my head....I did warn you at the start of this thread :lot-o-toke:
Not everything I think of Is deep, most is quite infantile if I'm honest....
Today was one of those days.....

So there I was, downstairs doing the dishes as you do....
20210609_195926934_iOS.jpg

Humming to myself when out of nowhere, this guy pop's into my head.....
20210609_200013586_iOS.jpg

:lot-o-toke:I know, random right!! But let's face it, at least it wasn't this guy :(....
20210609_200034253_iOS.jpg

So anyway, with Timmy bloody mallet banging around my nut, I started humming that god awful song he did, remember......
20210609_200242941_iOS.jpg

I know, random again right.....
20210609_200428063_iOS.jpg

But to be fair, I'd already smoked a fair few zoot's by this point & feeling a bit mashed....
20210609_200533137_iOS.jpg

Still humming the tune, I had this bright idea for some new lyrics.....
20210609_200559114_iOS.jpg

And this is what emanated from my already clouded & baked mind........

"We brought an itsy bitsy, teenie weenie yellow Kosher cake panini,
That we tried for the first time today. oi, oi!

The purple punch it made me munch,
while mimosa cake just left me baked,
I need a hit from king thor's hammer,
So where the F**k is my Bruce Banner!!"​

Thanks, I'm here all day :cheer::theband::headbanger::woohoo:

20210609_200717162_iOS.jpg

I think it's best :hippy::surf::cheesygrinsmiley:

So any way, It's just been one of those times recently, had plenty of flowers to smoke so random stuff has been going through my head....I did warn you at the start of this thread :lot-o-toke:
Not everything I think of Is deep, most is quite infantile if I'm honest....
Today was one of those days.....

So there I was, downstairs doing the dishes as you do....
20210609_195926934_iOS.jpg

Humming to myself when out of nowhere, this guy pop's into my head.....
20210609_200013586_iOS.jpg

:lot-o-toke:I know, random right!! But let's face it, at least it wasn't this guy :(....
20210609_200034253_iOS.jpg

So anyway, with Timmy bloody mallet banging around my nut, I started humming that god awful song he did, remember......
20210609_200242941_iOS.jpg

I know, random again right.....
20210609_200428063_iOS.jpg

But to be fair, I'd already smoked a fair few zoot's by this point & feeling a bit mashed....
20210609_200533137_iOS.jpg

Still humming the tune, I had this bright idea for some new lyrics.....
20210609_200559114_iOS.jpg

And this is what emanated from my already clouded & baked mind........

"We brought an itsy bitsy, teenie weenie yellow Kosher cake panini,
That we tried for the first time today. oi, oi!

The purple punch it made me munch,
while mimosa cake just left me baked,
I need a hit from king thor's hammer,
So where the F**k is my Bruce Banner!!"​

Thanks, I'm here all day :cheer::theband::headbanger::woohoo:

20210609_200717162_iOS.jpg

I think it's best :hippy::surf::cheesygrinsmiley:

Good to hear from you @Sticky fingaz :love:
Random thoughts doing dishes tells me you need a dishwasher and a bong.:rofl:
I'm kidding of course. Take care my friend.
Keep smiling.
Bill

@Grand Daddy Black
@HashGirl

Excuse me guy's for the random name drops! I was just looking through similar threads & noticed that you either like writing every now & then or love to read.

I started this thread to attract some positive vibes & get people to throw some thoughts about. It's totally up to you guy's but If you ever fancy posting some thoughts or whatever up here then I'd love to see what you have.

Anyway's, hope your all having a fab day!

Maybe see you about :theband::cool:

Love it mate. I can see Into your soul..
Is it ok to share some of my poetry on here to
Thank you my friend:thanks:, means a lot & yes please do 100% :thumb:

This is called "Repeat"

I got an artist called Dominic Murphy to paint my words and this is what he saw. It's about how the years pass by quick and all the seasons roll into one. Spring,summer,fall & winter
These are my words and his interpretation

20210611_175702.jpg

Checkout Dominic Murphy. He's right up your street

@Squiggle :circle-of-love: Ah mate that is absolutely beautiful :love: I would pay money for that & hang it on my wall!
Have you put this anywhere else online or do you keep a lot of it to yourself?
This exactly what I'm talking about, it's all very well reading & looking at pieces by renowned artists etc; but there are so many hidden gems out there created by normal every day people like you & me that are just as good, sometimes better than what's offered for us to indulge in.

Thank you so much for sharing that matey I love it :thumb: Also helps to motivate me because sometimes, the every day struggle just gets in the way.
Consider me ' inspired ' my friend

I will also check out this Dominic. See what he's about.

One :love: Buddy

V ft Tuesday
@Squiggle :circle-of-love: Ah mate that is absolutely beautiful :love: I would pay money for that & hang it on my wall!
This exactly what I'm talking about, it's all very well reading & looking at pieces by renowned artists etc; but there are so many hidden gems out there created by normal every day people like you & me that are just as good, sometimes better than what's offered for us to indulge in.

Thank you so much for sharing that matey I love it :thumb: Also helps to motivate me because sometimes, the every day struggle just gets in the way.

Thanks man.. I will get a copy and send you it as a gift mate... I'm getting it blown up for the wall anyway. So I will get two done.. be a few weeks and I will give you a shout when it's done

Sorry mate. I hadn't read this properly. I was zonked. I used to be on The poetry forum. TPF. 99% of my work is in there. It acts as a copyright protection. It's a great idea , there's some unknown writers who have a talent and could go far. Sorry if I'm not making sense. Im zonked again. I will probably repost this tomorrow, when my brain starts working again.

@Squiggle Seriously!!!!!
I dunno what to say mate..........Thank you very much :cheer::circle-of-love:

The Mrs loves it too!

I did think of you today tbh......
20210612_135855009_iOS.jpg

I wasn't up for it today though so went to the self check out :rofl:

@Squiggle Seriously!!!!!
I dunno what to say mate..........Thank you very much :cheer::circle-of-love:

The Mrs loves it too!

I did think of you today tbh......
20210612_135855009_iOS.jpg

I wasn't up for it today though so went to the self check out :rofl:
Thanks for thinking about me..
You are lucky . We haven't got self service. Only speedy Gonzales at the helm.
I'm Gona have to sign out mate. I can't keep my eyes open.
Good night and catch you tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom