Sticky Tincture?

THC Onlyfans

Made some tincture with a magic butter machine.. Made with 5 cups of 191 proof alcohol with 100g of decarbed cannabis and basically cooked it in the machine at 130 deg for 8 hours, auto stiring. After it was completed, it was strained through the filter bag,. I added 5 cups of tincture and got back around 750-800ml. I touched the tincture and it was liquid but if you pour it into something the surface becomes sticky...like your hands. Is this normal? should the houseware/anything the cannabis tincture touches be sticky like this?

Edit: gummies in fridge...when touched its like youve just grabbed a flowering plant...resin is on your fingers

taste like shit...hard to eat and kinda burns the throat...but is that safe to eat? when I grab the edibles it stains my fingers and fingernails
You may want to try cold ethanol extraction
Decarb your buds and grind, then freeze your decarbed ground buds and ethanol for 24 hours
Basically cover the buds with the cold ethanol and shake for 5 minutes, back in the freezer for 2 hours and then a 5 minute shake to finish
I filter in a stainless steel mesh coffee filter in a ceramic coffee drip
IMG_20201012_140711.jpg

This will eliminate a lot of the chlorophyll and other undesirables by not picking them up in the first place
Some variations on this method

You may want to try cold ethanol extraction
Decarb your buds and grind, then freeze your decarbed ground buds and ethanol for 24 hours
Basically cover the buds with the cold ethanol and shake for 5 minutes, back in the freezer for 2 hours and then a 5 minute shake to finish
I filter in a stainless steel mesh coffee filter in a ceramic coffee drip
IMG_20201012_140711.jpg

This will eliminate a lot of the chlorophyll and other undesirables by not picking them up in the first place
Some variations on this method
So this is the one I got running now. I froze the 200 ml 96% alcohol and the 40g decarboxilated buds shook the crap out of it for 2 days and tried 5ml not done yet. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to cook It down?

The process involves freezing the alcohol and decarbed flower, I decarbed at 240f (115c) for 40 minutes
Put the decarbed flower and alcohol in the freezer for 24 hours and then perform the extraction
Pour enough alcohol to cover the flower, then shake 5 minutes, put it in the freezer for 2 hours and take it out for a 5 minute shake, then filter. Not done yet, take the flower you just filtered, cover it in fresh cold alcohol and give it another 5 minute shake and filter this into the tincture you just made, this step should get some of what is left behind from the first couple of shakes and increase potency
At this point you should try to figure out roughly how many milligrams are in your tincture, there are some formulas that can give you a very rough idea
At this point you can reduce for potency, no open flame
You can use a coffee mug warmer or if you have an electric stove stop
IMG_20201216_213753.jpg

I use a trivet set in a small sauce pan with water to speed up my reduction, like a double boiler
Always open a window and use a fan to disperse the evaporated alcohol

I would not consume the tincture directly, it burns and can cause a little damage, test it by using an eye dropper and put what you think may be a dose for you in some water (shot glass amount) or other liquid and consume it
If you are going for buccal absorption tincture is probably not the best
hope this helps, there are many detailed methods on line

Good to see you THC!!

good to see you’re putting the machine to work!!

I’ve been working in blackfalds building a rec centre for the past few weeks
Thanks bro! It's been forever since I've been on here...mostly just random questions for the vets on here.

Hope all is well my man!

The process involves freezing the alcohol and decarbed flower, I decarbed at 240f (115c) for 40 minutes
Put the decarbed flower and alcohol in the freezer for 24 hours and then perform the extraction
Pour enough alcohol to cover the flower, then shake 5 minutes, put it in the freezer for 2 hours and take it out for a 5 minute shake, then filter. Not done yet, take the flower you just filtered, cover it in fresh cold alcohol and give it another 5 minute shake and filter this into the tincture you just made, this step should get some of what is left behind from the first couple of shakes and increase potency
At this point you should try to figure out roughly how many milligrams are in your tincture, there are some formulas that can give you a very rough idea
IMG_20201216_213753.jpg

I use a trivet set in a small sauce pan with water to speed up my reduction, like a double boiler

I would not consume the tincture directly, it burns and can cause a little damage, test it by using an eye dropper and put what you think may be a dose for you in some water (shot glass amount) or other liquid and consume it

Thank you!!

IMG_20201216_213753.jpg

I still have about 750ml of so of tincture...is there anything I can do to this tincture to make it more bearable to consume or am I shit out of luck and will need to make a new batch

Edit: will turn the tincture to FECO and put into capsules. :)

I still have about 750ml of so of tincture...is there anything I can do to this tincture to make it more bearable to consume or am I shit out of luck and will need to make a new batch
First, try to figure out a dose
I suspect an eye dropper full will be enough, but you have to determine the dose

A couple of options
Mix with some water, 100-200 ml give a stir and into your mouth for a quick swish around then swallow

Second is make a drink or shot out of it
IMG_20210205_160501.jpg

You can mix it with some cointreau or flavored syrup depending on your tolerance to the burn
I tend to use enough syrup to take most of the burn out
Again you have to figure out your own dose and add the appropriate amount of syrup

The amount of plant taste depends on your extraction method and filtering

Finally, reduce it to 10 ml, pour that on top of some honey or coconut oil and evaporate the rest of the alcohol
Mix and you have canna-honey or canna-oil
You can make candies, mix it with condiments or ready made sauces

Back
Top Bottom