StickyDigits First Grow: Gorilla Glue, Indoor, Soil, 2019

StickyDigits

Hello All. I am an old timer, near retirement age. Two years ago, I came down with Cancer. I declined to take Chemo and Radiation and have been treating my Cancer with Natural Medicine only. Someone asked me how I felt about Cannabis and it got me started on this new journey. Now I am convinced I need Cannabis in my treatment protocol. I have not been around Cannabis for 40 years, but I did enjoy it back in the '70s. Now I am hopeful it will help me with pain and sleep. Plus it make listening to Dark Side of the Moon even better.
In my state we have a very limited Medical Marijuana program, and I have my state issued card, but we have no legal way to get Cannabis. So my only good option is to do a grow. And it has to be kept secret. Because it is illegal to grow a medicinal plant in these parts. Good grief.

I have learned a lot from this forum and will now share my effort at growing my own medicine.

Start Date 2-10-19
Strain Gorilla Glue
Pot Size 5 Gallon
Medium FF Ocean Forest
Lights 600W MH/HPS
Nutes FF Trio

It Begins

I am growing in a 4x4 tent and had planned on 4 plants. But the grow got off to a rough start with me burning two sprouts with an LED light too close to the little sprouts. So I germinated more seeds and ended up with 9 good ones. The burned ones actually recovered and now I have all these plants. I know there are too many for my tent.

Man those babies are all thriving @StickyDigits and yeah I'm sure you can't wait to hear DSOM again! There is nothing better than treating illnesses with cannabis--it really is a miracle plant. Welcome and I hope you enjoy growing your first round of girls. You'll get all the help you need right here on the forums.

To bring the journal up to real time, I switched them to 12/12 photoperiod after they started showing pistils. That was at week 9 of the grow. And I changed from MH to HPS 600 W light. Five plants, 4 in 5 gal pots and one in a smaller pot. They are low slung bushes because I topped them probably one node too soon. And I have been doing LST on them.
So here they are today, 4 weeks into flower, week 12 of the grow. I have added a Mars SP-250 LED light. So I have the 600 W HPS and the 240ish W of LED. I need 500 grams of dried buds to make the FECO for my treatment. There must be over 100 buds growing and I want to give them plenty of photons.

It seems they need more LST because the buds are really crowded. But I have already broken one main branch and now they are really stiff. I taped the broken one and it just kept on growing like nothing had happened.
My only concern right now is it is 78F and 56% RH in the tent. I have two dehums running in the area and I open a window in the day to let in fresh air. I want the RH lower, but it just is not happening. I do have three fans running in the tent and have an exhaust and inlet fan. So there is lots of air flow. But I would be gutted if they started getting mold on them. I have not yet added an air conditioner as it stays in the 70s in the area, but I am in the deep south and it going to get hot and humid real soon. I may have to add a portable AC to the area and duct it out of the house. I am exhausting the tent out of the house.

Attachments

• 20190507_084956.jpg
    20190507_084956.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
To bring the journal up to real time, I switched them to 12/12 photoperiod after they started showing pistils. That was at week 9 of the grow. And I changed from MH to HPS 600 W light. Five plants, 4 in 5 gal pots and one in a smaller pot. They are low slung bushes because I topped them probably one node too soon. And I have been doing LST on them.
So here they are today, 4 weeks into flower, week 12 of the grow. I have added a Mars SP-250 LED light. So I have the 600 W HPS and the 240ish W of LED. I need 500 grams of dried buds to make the FECO for my treatment. There must be over 100 buds growing and I want to give them plenty of photons.

Loving these photos.. encouraging to see a first grow go well for others, as I am in my first grow with autos also.

These are photo periods? I am thinking about switching my second grow to photo periods for higher yields and bigger plants also! Can’t wait to see how they come out!

As for the other 4 plants, I put them in a 2x2 tent with a T5 light fixture. It is really crowded in there. But I am hoping they can survive until the big tent is available in 4 or 5 weeks. GG requires 9 weeks of flower as I understand. So my plan is to start a perpetual harvest. I planned to spend my old age medicated with nature's medicine.

Attachments

• 20190504_111903.jpg
    20190504_111903.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 105
Time for an update. Sorry I don't have much time for great detail, but I am doing a natural medicine Cancer treatment protocol that takes up most of my day with juicing, liver detox, vegetarian food, and such. I have just enough spare time to care for my plants.
My plants are now in week 5 of flowering, week 13 of life. They look healthy, but it is my first grow and I know the remaining 4 weeks will be critical. And with it getting hot and humid here in prohibition country, I am concerned about maintaining environmental conditions in the grow tent. I am now running two SP-250 LEDs and one HPS at 250 Watts. When it gets to 85 F in the tent, I turn off the HPS and run only the two SP-250 LEDs. If I can't maintain less than 85 F, I will get a portable AC unit and duct it to the outdoors.

I noticed one leaf with spots today. If anyone can diagnose this I would appreciate it. Currently I am feeding the FF trio at about 50% strength, every other watering. Currently 84 F and 49% RH. Temp gets down into the 70s at night.

It is really crowded with 5 plants in a 4x4 tent. And I have topped and LST the plants. I would like to broaden them to give more space to each bud, but I don't see a way to do it. I already have the main branches tied down to the pot and they are going vertical from those tie down points. I would need to pull them horizontally and there is nothing to tie to and no space to give them. Should I remove foliage or just leave them as they are?

I have left some fan leaves. I am wondering if I should remove more of the fan leaves. Feeding Big Bloom & Tiger Bloom half strength, pH 6.4. Now in week 5 of veg. Conditions in tent are 83F and 48% RH. Lots of airflow and no signs of mold or pests.

Back
Top Bottom