Stihl Logger Is Back With That Shiny Box Full Of Autos!

Very nice setup! I'm interested to see Red Poison flowering,and that Super Skunk is beautiful! :goodjob:

Hey thanks bud! And welcome aboard! Ya itll be a treat. I topped all of these at the 4th node just to see how it goes. I think RP would have been a really tall plant. All the others are short and bushy. Just the way I like my indoor plants. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey thanks bud! And welcome aboard! Ya itll be a treat. I topped all of these at the 4th node just to see how it goes. I think RP would have been a really tall plant. All the others are short and bushy. Just the way I like my indoor plants. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice! I noticed that you are using 600w CFL,but my question is,am i wrong or autos generally flower after 2/3 weeks of veg?
I'm not doubting or anything but with topping autos,will they have enough time to grow,considering that they don't follow lights schedule?
Just to know...:thanks:

Nice! I noticed that you are using 600w CFL,but my question is,am i wrong or autos generally flower after 2/3 weeks of veg?
I'm not doubting or anything but with topping autos,will they have enough time to grow,considering that they don't follow lights schedule?
Just to know...:thanks:

I believe if topping an auto is done at the right time it wont have much if any negative effect. SS and GC started to flower at 17 days and the other 2 are just getting ready to. I topped these when they were really getting into their growth spurt. They never skipped a beat. ( other than ridiculously high temps and next to nil humidity for a few days) All seems well as of now however. :thumb:

p.s. I was under the same impression until recently that an auto must not be toyed with. However some great canna cultivators here on 420mag have destroyed that myth recently. ( just within the last 2-3 months)

I believe if topping an auto is done at the right time it wont have much if any negative effect. SS and GC started to flower at 17 days and the other 2 are just getting ready to. I topped these when they were really getting into their growth spurt. They never skipped a beat. ( other than ridiculously high temps and next to nil humidity for a few days) All seems well as of now however. :thumb:

p.s. I was under the same impression until recently that an auto must not be toyed with. However some great canna cultivators here on 420mag have destroyed that myth recently. ( just within the last 2-3 months)

Good to hear that! I learned another thing! So,basically the trick is to do it in an early stage, when the growth ratio hits his peaks!
What is,from your experience, your average autos yield when you top them?

Hope you don't mind if I take a seat, looking good my friend. Can I ask, what cfl do you use, I use the Phillips Tornado 75w=280w and have had great results with them (although I do use led as well) Am doing a side by side auto grow, 1 topped, one not and both Lst'ed. If you get time check out my journal in my sig.
:passitleft:

Good to hear that! I learned another thing! So,basically the trick is to do it in an early stage, when the growth ratio hits his peaks!
What is,from your experience, your average autos yield when you top them?

This in all honesty is my very 1st run with autos. but from experience with many, many photoperiod plants topping them sometimes broke even or slightly out performed the un topped plants just due to the even light penetration. topping generally results in far less popcorn buds and more uniform and more plentiful kolas. :thumb:

Hope you don't mind if I take a seat, looking good my friend. Can I ask, what cfl do you use, I use the Phillips Tornado 75w=280w and have had great results with them (although I do use led as well) Am doing a side by side auto grow, 1 topped, one not and both Lst'ed. If you get time check out my journal in my sig.
:passitleft:

I use Phillips or Sylvania 23w CFLs. In my other journal, in the 1st page I show exactly how my light rig is set up. Right now im running 24 of them. In a week or so ill toss in a few more because I have a few more plants that will be ready to move in. I usually run 30/36 in flower for my photo plants. I know... Dats a lotta friggin bulbs. Bahahaha. And ill be right over bud! :high-five:

So about 10 days ago I sent a Wipeout Express seed swimmin... Never popped open.. Thought well, it was a freebie Ill just chuck it.. Then.. Hmmm... 4 days ago I sent a Dark devil seed swimmin. She popped open yesterday afternoon and went in the dirt in a solo cup.. Back to the Wipeout Express.. Inspected the seed.. It was clean, no film.. Healthy seed.. Last ditch effort was to use a safety pin to pop a hole in it so it can get a drink and start doin its thing... VoilA!!! It friggin worked! Its got one ridiculously fat taproot and she is movin along nicely! Whoda thunk huh?!?! :laughtwo:

Hey Loggs buddy!

I didn't realize you had started another journal. I'll be watching closely as I have some Autos on the way.
So you say it's best for autos not to be in 105 degree weather?...lol...just kidding. Glad they made it through that rough time!:high-five:

When I received my seeds for my first grow, they had instructions to put the seeds in a small container and shake them for a few minutes...to aid in loosening/cracking the shell. Now that I read about the issue you had, this makes more sense.
That's pretty fricken cool that you got that seed to sprout! Excellent innovation and determination!! :goodjob:

Thanks for comin by Mittin buddy! Ya that poor Wipeout has had it pretty rough. Im not too sure shes gonna make it.. I just tossed a CheeseBerry and my lone Creamatic in for a swim. The 00 Seeds CheeseBerry will be in the 1/2 gal 2L Confinement (Roots Of Agony) show. And as much as I wanted to do the Creamatic outside the not knowing if the wipeout will survive kinda put me in a position that I had to get another 1 goin. Ill just have to pop back in to my friends at HAZE.IO early next month and order some more Creamatic.... :cheesygrinsmiley:

AUTO CHICKS DAY 26!

IMG_20160410_181836.jpg
IMG_20160410_154003519.jpg

GREEN CRACK

IMG_20160410_154046989.jpg
IMG_20160410_154107618.jpg

NARCO PURPS

IMG_20160410_154257068.jpg
IMG_20160410_154407171.jpg
IMG_20160410_154327067.jpg

RED POISON and pleased to see that it is a red pheno!

IMG_20160410_154210323.jpg
IMG_20160410_154228789.jpg

SUPER SKUNK

Everybody got slightly heavier food today. 1/2 tsp per gal GP and 1 tsp per gal BB in pond water. Everybody had no issue drinkin 32 floz. They look to be doing ok.. Color has really come back in GC and NP. RP got fed extra GP she just lacks some color. Other than that Im relatively happy.. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's a good thing you will be 4 weeks ahead of me on this auto adventure. Just started our first Auto today. Just not sure when the opportune time is to top. 10 days from sprout? Give them a week the grow new tops before flower?

Ya brother. I topped mine really early. It didnt seem to phase them. I believe it was just after the 2 week mark. They had their 3rd true set of leaves established and I just spread them apart and clipped at the bottom of the new ones comin in while they were still growing straight up. Kinda looked like an uh husked ear of corn.. :thumb:

Looking good by the way. Train them is the trick I see. Light penetration is a must :thumb:

Uh HUHuhhhuuh PENETRATION.. :rofl::rofl: Ya man with these CFLs I gotta get all the light penetration/ coverage I can get. A relatively un orthodox way of training, but it works.. Before I signed up here and I really even knew what training was or its purpose I was bending my plants to one side to kinda make a lower case "R" ( r ) and they always came out great. Looked like "Bowser" Even outside this kept all the tops pretty close in relation height wise. :laughtwo:

Well... Wipeout Express shit the bed.. :rip: She couldnt recover from the attack of kitty. Dark Devil is stuck in turtle but finally picking up speed. I (like an asshat) decided to try a different "light mix starter soil". She hated it.. I did as well.. It turned ridiculously hard and just didnt perform.. That shit got tossed and she was put in fresh MG. After 24 hours she is pickin back up. An odd one for sure.. She is growing 3 leaves at the first set.. My friends over at HAZE.IO are sending me a wipeout and DD replacement. They are friggin awesome! The Cheese Berry and Creamatic have both been successfully germed and are now in their solo cup dirt campers. :cheesygrinsmiley: There is small tufts of loose soil above where they were sown, so... We should have 2 new auto chick babes in a few days! :slide:

AUTO TEEN CHICKS DAY 29..

IMG_20160413_1609043481.jpg
IMG_20160413_160929031.jpg
IMG_20160413_161558921.jpg

Oh Red Poison you are becoming so pretty..

IMG_20160413_161554371.jpg

Narco Purps.. She is getting her hints of purple

IMG_20160413_161608461.jpg

Green Crack

IMG_20160413_161603037.jpg

Super Skunk

p.s. All plants ARE NOT yellow... Its the 4 spectrum CFL's. I ASSURE you they are all as green as the 2nd pic. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom