Still More On Cannabis, Cancer, And The Ongoing Federal Suppression Of Research

Jimbo

Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:05:54 By: Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director

For over a decade now I've been telling folks that compounds in cannabis can selectively target and kill malignant cancer cells. It seems like some media outlets finally starting to get the message.

Today, the good folks at HuffingtonPost.com published my latest essay on the subject, "What Your Government Knows About Cannabis And Cancer – And Isn't Telling You."

Since the Huffington Post is an online medium, I made it a point to include nearly a dozen links to pertinent research and clinical/pre-clinical trials demonstrating that cannabinoids possess anti-cancer properties.

For most visitors to the Huffington Post, my essay will be their first exposure to this information, but ideally, not their last. Hopefully, readers of the site – which is one of the most visited on the Internet – will join us in our calls to end the US government's multi-decade long denial of this potentially groundbreaking research.

Fortunately, in the past 10 years scientists overseas have generously picked up where U.S. researchers so abruptly left off, reporting that cannabinoids can halt the spread of numerous cancer cells – including prostate cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, and brain cancer. (An excellent paper summarizing much of this research, "Cannabinoids for Cancer Treatment: Progress and Promise," appears in the January 2008 edition of the journal Cancer Research.) A 2006 patient trial published in the British Journal of Cancer even reported that the intracranial administration of THC was associated with reduced tumor cell proliferation in humans with advanced glioblastoma.

Marijuana Law Reform - NORML

i wonder if the new not for profit news organizations will cover this in depth i bet a lot of folks over 50 who tend to be higher risks for cancer and vote would ask questions of their congresssperson about it....

I look forward to seeing the total outcome of this research, and then seeing how the government reacts to their covering it up, and even saying that cannabis has no medical value.
I want drug czar John Walters to come down with one of these types of cancer and then start making these false claims about the benefit of cannabis research...Then I want someone to say to him; "no, John...you cant have any pot to help you, remember, you kept it illegal for all those years, and we just don't have enough research on it to help you...sorry!!!"...that would be sweet!!!

wow, Im passing this along to a family member who is suffering from cancer, which appears to be moving towards his brain.

wow, Im passing this along to a family member who is suffering from cancer, which appears to be moving towards his brain.

Now that's what it's all about FishStcks...I sure hope it's the answer bro!

Back
Top Bottom