Still trying to get reacquainted with Mary

snicrep

Ive posted elswhere her about my trying out cannibus after a couple of decade layoff. Its been weird. Ive tried 3 dif strains and they all make me very uneasy, but i keep trying it to overcome. I want tge mellow feeling i used to get before. I get an anxious feeling at first that makes me have thoughts like "what business do i have growing or smoking this at such risk"? Or " destroy the plants". " theyll get you in trouble". But i noticed now, that after a while im able to ride those thoughts out, and start feeling good. And the next day im ready to forge ahead. I think i need more of an indica tho. It also doesnt help that i have to be discreet and have little time to do it.

Maybe you're not smoking enough, lol? Grab a quarter-ounce, roll it up into seven joints, call your best friend or that special someone up, and wander into the woods (or go fishing sit by the river and pretend to fish, wander through a zoo / aquarium, or even just lay on your back and watch the clouds pass by overhead. Keep at it until after you've consumed all of the joints.

Setting and choice of companion(s) isn't everything - but it's a lot.

Aside from that, if you do choose a sativa, be sure to make sure that it was fully ready to harvest when the gardener chose to do so. That seems to help (and it ought to be a crime to harvest early, anyway ;) ). Fair warning, though: It does not help everyone; some folks just aren't able to handle a good sativa. <SHRUGS> Different strokes for different folks, and all that. There are lots and lots of middle-of-the-road hybrids and indica-leaning strains, too, so if whatever you're consuming now doesn't provide the effect you seek, it's likely that another strain (or hundreds of other strains) will.

I think that's on the list of the top five reasons to grow your own - because then you get to consume the strain that YOU want to, as opposed to whatever it happens to be this week that your dealer and/or dispensary wishes to unload.

A suggestion: Aim for as close to 100% cloudy trichomes as you can get. That's not actually possible (AFAIK), since they form at different times, so you'll have to judge for yourself when you're looking at the highest percentage. You might have some still clear and immature, you might have some that are amber and have degraded, or you might have some of each. But cloudy is where it's at, IMHO, and allows you to experience each strain at its best.

Good luck in your hunt for the perfect strain (for you)!

makes me have thoughts like "what business do i have growing or smoking this at such risk"? Or " destroy the plants". " theyll get you in trouble". But i noticed now, that after a while im able to ride those thoughts out, and start feeling good.
I can relate to that. I haven't toked regularly since the mid-80's for the same reason. I've been experimenting and trying to find strains that give me the high I remember from the old days. Euphoria and happy, funny, good times. I want to avoid anything 'cerebral' or introspective. Freaks me out. I tried some GSC lately that was awesome....no bad trip at all and a nice upper daytime high.
And like TorturedSoul says, let 'em go an extra week to let trichomes more fully mature. I guess it all comes down to finding the combination of cannabinoids and terpenes that works for you.

Thanks for that info. What grew was not amber at all. Im now growing bruce banger, jack herer(both on the sativa side) and alaskan purple which is mostly indica. I have high hopes for the ap.

Back
Top Bottom