Stilletto's Power Hitter! DYI How To

Stilletto

(Can't edit mispelled title *DIY* ugh)
I thought I would share something with you folks who have never seen one, we call it a Power Hitter. I started making them 20 years ago and have had my current one for about 8 years. It is not something I use often anymore but is a Friday night regular with company. :)

In order to build one you will need a few things.... a Heinz Ketchup bottle, no there are no other kindz... the no name ones have to thick of plastic and break to easy but whatever you have will work. The size is important and mini bottles will not work. You will also need a metal antena from an old radio. They are telescopic and once you cut the end off it falls apart giving you a number of different sized hooters to use.

Here are my materials. (Note, I am using my old one, not making a new one.)
may_2011_10.jpg

As you can see I pushed the hooter through the hole in the ketchup lid and made it as tight as possible. The joint is ready also.

Now put the joint in the hooter (if loose, use the glue strip of a paper to seal joint to hooter)
may_2011_11.jpg

You can also see that there is a small air hole in the center of the side of the bottle.

Now light the joint and place inside bottle and seal....
may_2011_12.jpg

Now cover the air hole with your finger and squeeze....
may_2011_14.jpg

Now go ahead and take a toke.... don't put your lips on the hooter... just an inch away and squeeze... now when you have a friend with the flu or a stranger involved no germs get spread. I find the tokes thick and tasty....
may_2011_15.jpg

That's it..... the joint goes out automaticly when it hits the metal hooter and all the ashes just fall into the bottle... toss it around... it's fun. :)

I hope this is something new for some of you. :)

Jonny

ok, so I'm kinda ripped and I'm reading this and thinking about some stoners going thru the direction and making it.

And then trying to hit the thing without having the hooter attached tightly enough to the lid.

And the hooter shooting out into the poor d00ds mouth.

LOL.

I like the idea though.

NICE! this is a fun lil home made gadget. i will def be making one for my guests to pass around!

well, this is the best section of this website. lol... everything else is so serious around here.

I need to make one ASAP :D
I started searching for some old school weed-smoking tools while stoned and I found this. To be completely honest I've never seen one or used one in my life, but after hearing that they were popular in the 60's I need to find out how it works :)
Thx!

I thought I would share something with you folks who have never seen one, we call it a Power Hitter. I started making them 20 years ago and have had my current one for about 8 years. It is not something I use often anymore but is a Friday night regular with company. :)

In order to build one you will need a few things.... a Heinz Ketchup bottle, no there are no other kindz... the no name ones have to thick of plastic and break to easy but whatever you have will work. The size is important and mini bottles will not work. You will also need a metal antena from an old radio. They are telescopic and once you cut the end off it falls apart giving you a number of different sized hooters to use.

Here are my materials. (Note, I am using my old one, not making a new one.)
may_2011_10.jpg

As you can see I pushed the hooter through the hole in the ketchup lid and made it as tight as possible. The joint is ready also.

Now put the joint in the hooter (if loose, use the glue strip of a paper to seal joint to hooter)
may_2011_11.jpg

You can also see that there is a small air hole in the center of the side of the bottle.

Now light the joint and place inside bottle and seal....
may_2011_12.jpg

Now cover the air hole with your finger and squeeze....
may_2011_14.jpg

Now go ahead and take a toke.... don't put your lips on the hooter... just an inch away and squeeze... now when you have a friend with the flu or a stranger involved no germs get spread. I find the tokes thick and tasty....
may_2011_15.jpg

That's it..... the joint goes out automaticly when it hits the metal hooter and all the ashes just fall into the bottle... toss it around... it's fun. :)

I hope this is something new for some of you. :)

Jonny
I have been using the original "Power Hitter" from Oat Willies Austin.Tx....since I bought in like 1973 or sometime around then.Needless to saw it's headed for the clearing at the end of the path,as it were.I see the homemade version and it looks useable,however there's the matter of airflow around where you have inserted the antenna seems near impossible to make air tight and with time and use it must get sloppier. Plus a bonus to the old version one could pass it like a football, I don't think the ketchup bottle would work near as well.But I'm old school and retired(lazy) and the only part I may have is the ketchup bottle. Is there manufacturer out there that makes a copy or something?(No more Oat Willies I checked)have you see an orig. Power Hitter? As soon as I get it figuzred out I could send you some

Brings back memories...we used a hamster water bottle. You just need to cut of the tip of the metal tube that has the little ball stopper and add a carb hole. Press puff pass.

Good for making Marijuana milkshakes,freeze a glass mug or pint glass got your power hitter going squeeze smoke into mug slowly you will see it fill up then drink it not inhale drink like if your trying to make yourself burp its cool for parties etc ,like eating edibles, "high"

Back
Top Bottom