Stimulants, hydro, soil? iono

westbud90

ok, so heres my dilemma, i just started feeding my plants and i stopped by the hydroponic store, and all i could buy at the time was 1 bottle of something, anyway, i decided to go with Ionic Grow, i wanted something where i could just buy one bottle and it could be used by itself til i aquired other nutes, i also have a bottle of superthrive and was wondering if its safe to use it in everywatering at appropriate strength?
anyway, the guy at the shop told me that they were gonna stop carrying ionic so im kinda screwd with that, but would it be a bad to use ionic, then when i aquire fox farm grow big and big bloom swith to that? ill pick up tiger bloom when flowering starts,

i was also wondering about stimulants and other things like floralicious and bloombastic,
see, my problem is that i would like to use stimulants like these the correct way, but i dont wanna end up putting in a solution made for hydro into my soil,
What would happen if that were to happen? is there nutes made for hydro that would work in soil too?
the reason im asking this is because some products are listed as hydro nutes in the stores website,
what would you recommend,
im having trouble remembering my other questions, im bout to smoke a bowl and check in a few! Priesh!;):peace:

Re: Stimulants, hydro, soil??? iono

Dang, i smoked like 4 bowls and nothing still???
lol, i just had a real stoner moment, my timer turned the lights off on my plants, and my computers light is hitting them, and right when they turned off i turned the volume down on my computer instead of closing it,lol,

Hey dude!! sorry man!! Can't answer every question but we're getting around!! lol lemme tell you something funny.

so my last grow...i was like hey! whats wrong with my purps. They all sad yellow and shit. What's up? You know?

So I solve the problem (undernuted) and I grow for 3 more weeks and guess what.

Boom this dude answers my question saying "I think it's your pH." but i blatantly stated wayyy earlier that I had a pH meter (digital) and that pH was always adjusted.

So sorry dude, sometimes no one answers, and its gay, but oh well.

HERE WE GO (the good stuff)

Hydro or soil, it doesn't really matter to be honest. Yeah, soil nutes work a little better, but to be honest they are usually weaker to avoid burn and more organic, meaning they need to be broken down.

Personally, I would just run hydro nutes all the way in soil. I got a buddy who does soil who runs Sensi Bloom and Grow and Bud Candy and Big Bud and dude he gets great results. All you have to do is turn down the feeding to about 1/4 to 1/2 strength.

THE MAIN difference in hydro and soil is that soil has the ability to hold nutrients and comes with nutrients in the media. After the whole veg phase though, usually the soil is pretty dead of nutrients, and thus needs more. Hydro or soil, they provide the same shit, just with slightly diff concentrations and maybe a different ingredient here and there, but just because its for hydro doesn't mean it can't be used in soil. Usually you can't use soil stuff for hydro. (purple maxx for example...really gay that i found out after i bought it)

Also, hydro tends be more chelated and chemically. Chelated means that its treated to have the nutrients broken down all the time. Thus you have no precipitation and easier access to nutrients which = quicker growth.

IMO Ionic is a fine brand, I know some dudes that use it and it should be fine. it's a one part which is really nice for ya and yeah. any other questions ask away.

OH herse the bottom line and better way to put it

Soil Nutes are usually more weaker but also more forgiving. Organic substances, as they are hard to break down also pose an advantage, which is that they are also hard to burn your plant with, as if it doesn't need the nutes, it won't break it down and thus won't burn itself.

Hydro is different. Its all ready to be absorbed. So too much is really TOO MUCH. You'll see. Go with hydro nutes, but just don't go crazy with it as it is generally very powerful stuff.

Oh and on floralicious plus, go for it. For bloom and grow I don't use, but I think you can if you decide to go with GH. GH has generally the best bang for the buck, but its not the best. You want profit, go with GH. You want quality, dank buds and your friends awing at your growroom, go with Advanced. (I used advanced hehehe)

Atami Bloombastic

I have heard a lot about this product. Supposedly the guy said that with it you don't need to run ANYTHING else just bloombastic or something. It's supposed to be really damn powerful stuff. I dont know though, for like 160 bucks for a liter or something, or some absurd price, no one has the money or the follw through to go with it. Not to mention you have to COMPLETELY switch over to bloombastic, which means experimentation, which means you can potentially have a crap crop if you mess up.

As for your switch from ionic to GH, no it shouldn't bug them at all. The only thing i noticed is that when u switch, the ratios switch up a little bit, and your plants need time to adjust, usualy about a week or so.

Heres the thing. Ionic is really nice beacuse its one part which means you have no chance for precipitation as well as you mix it properly EVERY time. On the other hand, GH is a 3 part. I have tried 3 part, and honestly it's kind of a pain in the ass. I thought I was all smart to adjust it, you know give it more potassium here and there, but hat just fucks you over worse. Leave all that to the companies. If you do run 3 part, PLZZZZ follow directions. They have em on there for a reason.

Other than that, good luck! and check out my grow!

Oh yeah CaliGrown's 2nd grow Casey Jones and Bubble Gum from Oaksterdam! DWC!

oh hell yeah. superthrive is made for soil and hydro. I think it was originally for soil tho so yeah. definitely. use 1/2 strength until about 3 weeks in tho.

Sweeet. Sensi Bloom A n B or Iguana Juice Bloom is good. As for flowering additives. Big Bud is a MUST. Really this product will pay for 10 more bottles of itself or whatever. The way it works is if you use Bud Blood 1st week, Big bud Weeks 2-4, and Overdrive 5-7 and Final Phase Week 8 that should give yuo the BEST results. Thats how it works it a 3 part flowering system that u solely use just one each per phase. Bud blood i think is really unique, as it kicks them into flower in a day (no kidding). Overdrive is pretty cool as it really spices up the last 3 weeks to produce massive resin. Either way, you could run big bud all the way through, but its the recommended way.

The reason being is that probablyin the 1st week, you need A LOT of P and K, and a lil more K than P in weeks 2-5 and then more P than K in the final weeks. I mean peole grow fine stuff but i think this just produces more resin and such...so yeah as for final phase yuo can use flora kleen or clearex or any other flushing solution.

Cultivating fruiting and flowering plants in hydroponics requires less phosphorous levels than potassium and even nitrogen. In hydroponics, phosphorous levels that are too high tend to lock out calcium, magnesium and trace minerals. On the other hand, plants grown in soil need higher phosphorous levels due to clay colloidal particles that bind up phosphorous. Microbes in the soil also compete for the phosphorous.When cultivating fruiting and flowering plants in soil, growers usually need to double or triple phosphorous levels, unlike hydroponics, thus making the 1.5-4-5 formula ideal for soil. This info may be helpful in making a choice. Good Luck...

Interesting. He's right. But to be honest, either one will work fine. Generally, hydro stuff works for soil and hydro, as my friend grew bombass buds with GH 3 part and also my other riend who uses botanicare. Yeah okay if you wanna get all technical sure, but to be honest a good grower should be able to pull it off with either or. Work with whatever you want, but I'm still planning to use my hydro nutrients for my upcoming soil grow.

Back
Top Bottom