Stinky bong smell

mjismyway

So I inherited this beautiful two foot bong the other day. The previous owner neglected to ever clean it so I had quite a job. It's all sparkling and clean now, but has a putrid odor that leaves this dog crap taste in my mouth after each toke. What can I do to eliminate the stale dirty bong yuck smell?

mjismyway said:
So I inherited this beautiful two foot bong the other day. The previous owner neglected to ever clean it so I had quite a job. It's all sparkling and clean now, but has a putrid odor that leaves this dog crap taste in my mouth after each toke. What can I do to eliminate the stale dirty bong yuck smell?

YOu should go to your local drugstore and buy a couple bottles of rubbing alcohol and some rice. put the alcohol and rice in to the bong swish around and that nasty shit should go away try soaking it in alcohol if its really icky.
K

I got all of the "icky" stuff off. Clean as a whistle. It just freaking stinks! I kept smelling it and smelling it and was like shit! is that my freaking breath? What in the hell is that smell? Finally I realized it is the dang bong. Shewieeeeeeeee!

Is it glass or plastic waterpipe? Glass pieces should become tasteless after a good cleaning with iso. alcohol. Plastic pieces are harder to get the smell out of and I do not own any so therefore I do not know what cleans them best. Also, if the slide or downstem are really dirty clean those as well or just buy replacements.

RooRman said:
Is it glass or plastic waterpipe? Glass pieces should become tasteless after a good cleaning with iso. alcohol. Plastic pieces are harder to get the smell out of and I do not own any so therefore I do not know what cleans them best. Also, if the slide or downstem are really dirty clean those as well or just buy replacements.

good advice man ahhaaha...hey if you have a plastic bong..get a glass one..glassonglass.. the smell wont come out of a plastic bong it like soaks in .
k

Yes glass is the best especially with a waterpipe with glass on glass downstem and slide. I had no idea that plastic pieces could sort of be "stained" with a smell, now I'm glad I never bought one.

It's glass. And it reeks. I'm thinking of trying some vinegar and baking soda overnight to cut the smell. Even if it doesn't, at least I'll get a cool volcanic show. Other than that, maybe I'll start filling it with Febreeze.

Dude remember whatever you clean it with your going to inhale some of that with a hit so be careful.

I would Fill it with soap Swish it around with some water.
Turn your bathtub on HOT water and let it sit under the fauset The water will go into the bong and shoot out the place where u put your slider after that Take some good tasteing mouth wash Fill it in their and swich it around for like 3 mins Repeat with bathtub If not Your bong is done for.

rinse with mouthwash then water?
Never had a smell problem before but glass doesn't hold a odor maybe its the piece of rubber that holds the stem is rotted or something or the o ring don't know hmm:hmmmm: :hmmmm:

My bongs Smell like mints It works and I dont complain.

Fuck brushing my teeth i take a minty bong swat MMMMMMMMM tastey.

Bad Weed?

mjismyway said:
It's glass. And it reeks. I'm thinking of trying some vinegar and baking soda overnight to cut the smell. Even if it doesn't, at least I'll get a cool volcanic show. Other than that, maybe I'll start filling it with Febreeze.

Vinegar and baking soda sounds like a good idea, just make sure to rinse it well with hot water once your done. I have never had a waterpipe still stink after cleaning it with iso. so this is a little strange to me. I would never put febreeze or any other kind of chemical in my waterpipe, your scaring me!

I wasn't really going to put Febreeze in it. I did soak it with vinegar and soda last night and also soaked the little seal band thing in some bleach water. I'm pleased to announce that the stench has subsided greatly and I'm back to puffing like nothing ever happened. Thanks for all of the dandy advice!

Wow, I think we all learned something here..

At least I did :hmmmm:

Hey guys I have the same problem as him except I use “orange chronic” which is alcohol based to clean my bong, it comes out nice and shiny, cleaned my downstem and got a new bowl piece, after the first bong the dog crap odour occurs, can anyone help?

Back
Top Bottom