Stizz1e's 12/12 from seed journal

Re: A 12/12 from seed question

well, new development...THE SEED SPROUTED!! so now its back to figuring out the best place to manipulate the light...If I let the seed go this first week on regular daylight schedule then change to 12/12 will I be able to harvest anything by the 2nd or 3rd week in july?

well i built a few light traps, and the plant is in for its first night of 12/12. first set of bladed leaves are not fully developed yet, but its been cooler than normal here and i think that my have something to do with it... I noticed that the seed had sprouted on Sunday(5/11)

cool, it seems to have grown a lot in a little under a week. the plant is on day 3 of 12/12. I let it run the natural outdoor light cycle for about 2 days, then went to 12/12. we shall see what happens. any chance of being able to harvest anything by mid july?

figure about this time line under 12/12 from seed with a indica dom strain. about 3-7 days seed to sprout from germ. about 3 weeks more to detirmine sex, from there about 8 weeks to finish flowering.a total of 82 days cycle, I had a sative dom strain , she was still flowering at day 164 from seed. good smoke though, so worth the extra time.

the time i have to wait however is limited. this grow was to be purely educational, as to how the plant grows and lives because i am moving to cali in mid july. However since i now have a sprout that i didnt think i was going to have, i'd like to be able to bring something with me, even if its not all that it should have been potency wise...the plant is a bagseed that i have no idea of its traits, except fo the smoke which was actually very good. Any way to speed the flowering process faster than just 12/12 from seed?

another question is, can i move a flowering plant across the country in a car, without putting so much stress on it that it herms or dies?

if its a boy and it should show sex in 3-4 weeks of 12/12 from seed all is not lost if the smoke the seed came from was good you could flower it out till its packing loads of pollen and gently put a paper bag over it wrap the base stem ,pot and dirt with plastic wrap so you can pick the plant up with the bag over it and turn it upside down or sideways and shake it to release pollen into the bag lift plant out of the bag and save the pollen in a clean dry airtight container

sometimes its easier to collect pollen by tipping plant on an angle and shaking over a large stainless steel or glass kitchen bowl

the latest seedling i did on 12/12 from seed was about 10 inches tall when it started showing sex its in a 4inch square pot dirt am going to cycle this one out whole time in 4 incher 12/12 from seed should give usable bud about 60- 90 days from sprout time easy black out system
two large cartons one bigger than the other cut 2 vents opposite
sides each both boxes inner box vents should be at right angles [ next side aroun box and not back to back with outer vents run stick though both
boxes and tape so both boxes can be moved as one unit place over plant for dark cycle

Its been really rainy here lately, so i moved the plant inside fo todays light cycle, i hung two outdoor flood light CFLs over the plant..I didnt strip anything off the bulbs or anything like that. Is it ok that I used those lights fo the day? With more possible rain in the forcast i may need to use this setup for more than just the day.. will this be bad for the plant?

That is the main reason why I rather grow indoors. Because I am in complete control over the enviroment. With your outdoor plants you could have then under an overhang if your worried about them getting overwatered. Or you could just mix in some perlite in your soil to make it drain better.

Back
Top Bottom