Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

Here's a little breakdown of the HBB at 1g/gal compared to the MC at 1g/gal.

MC:
1602958103405.png

HBB:
1602958140566.png

It's missing many ingredients that MC would use, and depending how much and how often you were using it would determine your def or lockout. It seems from what you said that you found a magic combo, and straying too far away from that could lead to issues.

Oof. OK I do need the weight of a tbsp. I wasn't as smart as the program is. :( Maybe take a few samples and avg. it out.
:thanks:
Sorry I missed this earlier

it averaged out to 15g per TBSP
59496B10-F572-410F-8405-00BCF977EC83.jpeg

MC at 15g/gal.
1602960071342.png

HBB at 15g/gal:
1602960151832.png

How the plants never exploded is beyond me. Those numbers are whack, lol. You may want to consider dropping that feed amount down a bit in the future. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I was hoping to avoid literal explosions (bud explosion ok) so if I do introduce it to my indoor plants it would be very carefully. The outdoor plants (some) were in 20gal containers and got plain hose water sometimes too just from being in the yard. So I’m sure they will respond differently indoors in 3g pots.
Thanks for crunching those numbers!

I was hoping to avoid literal explosions (bud explosion ok) so if I do introduce it to my indoor plants it would be very carefully. The outdoor plants (some) were in 20gal containers and got plain hose water sometimes too just from being in the yard. So I’m sure they will respond differently indoors in 3g pots.
Thanks for crunching those numbers!
There's not much I can do with the product(numbers) with such a high P value. In other words I can't say add x amount of MC to HBB to balance out the P. I also can't help you in that x amount of HBB would be the equivalent of x amount of MC. Too many missing elements.
It's a bloom booster and is designed for flowering only, so that's where the problem lies. It's interesting in that it has no Ca or Mg. I would guess, as you said, it will react differently in the small pots.

There's not much I can do with the product(numbers) with such a high P value. In other words I can't say add x amount of MC to HBB to balance out the P. I also can't help you in that x amount of HBB would be the equivalent of x amount of MC. Too many missing elements.
It's a bloom booster and is designed for flowering only, so that's where the problem lies. It's interesting in that it has no Ca or Mg. I would guess, as you said, it will react differently in the small pots.
It’s funny, it claims to be a start to finish food, but I had definitely only planned to use it for flower.
I appreciate the help, I’m going to be extra careful playing with that fire. I know it’s cool for next year outside at least!

Interesting information. I have been going for the lowest P number in my liquid nutrients since I read that our flowering plants don’t need nearly as much as everyone thought. Wish I saved the reference

Interesting information. I have been going for the lowest P number in my liquid nutrients since I read that our flowering plants don’t need nearly as much as everyone thought. Wish I saved the reference
You are correct. Plants only require a max of 50 PPM of P. Any more and results have shown no benefit to the plant. The ideal range is between 15-25 PPM for other plants similar to cannabis.
There are several references in my journal and elsewhere on this forum.

It looks like they carry a wide range of ferts and macro/micro nutrients. This is from their website so it has changed a bit, from a K of 17 to 16%. I don't think I've seen a company with such a list. They may be more for large scale agriculture production.

1602966837831.png

1602967037507.png
I checked to make sure I didn’t see a Bayer or Monsanto emblem or anything but I never looked at the rest of their lines. Looks like they’ve been doing it a while, for sure.
Thanks for sharing your info here, it helps a lot more people than just me!

You are correct. Plants only require a max of 50 PPM of P. Any more and results have shown no benefit to the plant. The ideal range is between 15-25 PPM for other plants similar to cannabis.
There are several references in my journal and elsewhere on this forum.
The complexity is delivering it to the roots in time and proportion working with rhizobacteria and understanding how the chemistry works like the difference in available forms, pH ranges and your soils redox potential . I read that above 21 PPM is too much and 7PPM for a starting EC in available form.

I read that above 21 PPM is too much
Exactly. Now the studies that I have seen have not been with cannabis. One did say that researchers we're now testing that but there was no date or names of institutions that were doing it. So the logic was not to exceed 25 PPM since it was useless and the plant doesn't use it.
Tissue samples show how little is actually stored.
1602974689438.png

Exactly. Now the studies that I have seen have not been with cannabis. One did say that researchers we're now testing that but there was no date or names of institutions that were doing it. So the logic was not to exceed 25 PPM since it was useless and the plant doesn't use it.
Tissue samples show how little is actually stored.
1602974689438.png
Don't quote me, I mean above 21 PPM can lead to antagonism with other elements depending on variables and PPM getting too high on everything. Look into rhizophagy, rhizobacteria, available forms (oxydation state) of those elements. It helped me understand what's happening there. EDIT: it helped me begin to understand

Look into rhizophagy, rhizobacteria, available forms (oxydation state) of those elements.
I will. I keep with what cannabis wants as far as ratios go. It avoids antagonisms and stimulations, and once that's understood you'll never have the deficiencies that some encounter.

Back
Top Bottom