StonedGypsy's First Farming Foray!

Update: Day 14 or so OTF

After seeing a few other true DWC setups I now realize mine is a hybrid DWC for this grow, as I'm not returning the RO or using rocks. I do notice the plants from true DWC seem to be a little smaller and limper, but what do I know I'm only a beginner farmer!

I'm wondering if I could re-filter and pH the RO in a separate holding tank from the main tank, then recombine in the main and use in modified soil/perlite/lava medium. Anyone want to chime in?

Ooo some more pics for you, my how the girls are getting bushier and taller too!
If you look at the 1st plant on the right , you can see the "knuckle" from Supercrop and much new growth!

AllGirls_HDWC_Day14.jpg

Some more baby pics with feeder halos

babies_day14.jpg

And a shot of the whole rig with drip feerder system attached and functioning well, 1st feeding today went well!

my_rig_new.jpg

As always...Peace, Cheers and much respect!

I just finished putting together a crude DWC for my new babies. I designed it in CAD and printed all the parts on my 3D printer along with some new starter cups.I will use this set up as part of a timed nutrient release system module, which will be part of my completely programmable grow room automation system using Arduino Nano. As soon as I am able to post any pics I will.
Ok you've definitely got my attention now. Can't wait!

Thanks for stopping by! I am going to be working on the plans and remaing components for DIY DWC this week, will have a full on sheet set for all you engineers sometime later this month. The starter cups go into a 5 gallon housing which is part of 3 seperate units for full life cycle control of nutrient delivery. Then I can take a vacation once inna while lol.

Stay tuned for more breaking news and Cheers!

Looking good sir!

Keep up the good work. Everything looks healthy which is all you can ask for at this vulnerable stage.

Now find a way to stay busy! I am finding that (likely because it's the first grow) - I am spending way too much time just sitting and observing it... wanting to tinker with this or that. I hope the same is not the case for you. I'd use the analogy that sitting around watching it is kind of like watching grass grow but it literally is. Albeit, delicious grass.

'til the next post,

Cheers!
It seems like this is a common theme among new growers. Just remember that when it comes to fiddling with the plants, less is more. When it comes to setting up a new grow environment though, I don't think you can really spend too much time monitoring though. That's just my opinion as someone with a whole one grow under my belt. Until your system is proven stable, vigilance is key.

Looking good sir!

Keep up the good work. Everything looks healthy which is all you can ask for at this vulnerable stage.

Now find a way to stay busy! I am finding that (likely because it's the first grow) - I am spending way too much time just sitting and observing it... wanting to tinker with this or that. I hope the same is not the case for you. I'd use the analogy that sitting around watching it is kind of like watching grass grow but it literally is. Albeit, delicious grass.

'til the next post,

Cheers!
I Find myself sitting there and loosing track of time quite abit just looking at my girls and trying to get the light to all by bud spots most exiting part of the day for me lately is waking up in the morning and seeing new sets of leaves on my bushes

Quite sad really haha

Sent from my EVA-L09 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey stoned gypsy! Just stopping by to get updated quickly before work today and things look great over here. I see your project is coming along nicely and I hope it has worked out to your liking so far! Keep up the good work and I will be back at some point when work isn't so hectic.

Yep a week maybe, but 2 hmmm....my room will dry out in 4 days tops. So I'm still gonna pursue it further while making slight modifications to improve. I have an idea I'm going to draw up tonight for a different better, fewer hoses/connections system, as I have to make sure the current system is completely contained due to a few leaks. But hey...what the heck plastic is fairly cheap so I can always make new parts and try a new design. I will go and get some pics now and turn this into a bonafide update. BIW Cheers!

Update: Day 19 OTF: Pics of the family!

IMG_037645.JPG

More of Purple Skunk, Green Crack & Enemy of the State...now with added bush! Thanks FIM & Supercrop!

IMG_036246.JPG

IMG_037033.JPG

IMG_037435.JPG

IMG_036635.JPG

And finally the babies! Big n small we luv em all!

IMG_036057.JPG

Grow Data:
Room temps 24h 74-78F
RH 60-70%
PH in 6.3
1/2 tbsp ea. Flora-Micro, Flora-Grow, Flora-Bloom (aggressive growth mix)
Rainwater every other feed ~5 days
1 of 2 800w Sunnine COB's & T2 100w Starcoat Cool White (replace w/Warm white for bloom)
18-6 till almost September I reckon.
So many budsites...so much time.
Really happy so far!

Cheers & respect.

Hi StonedGypsy - Just found your journal. REPS+ on the 3D printing! Cool stuff. I'm a DIY guy too, so that really struck a chord. Speaking of chords, I used to work for a large name guitar company on the west coasT. Have a friend who recently retired from the custom shop. Now he make/sells his own.

Your plants look good! Nice job so far. :thumb:

:hippy:

Some more pics for an update: Day 23 OTF or so

Here are a few shots of the family so far, 3 of the babies are slightly mutilated purposely ;)

PS if you check out my member gallery for pics I put some up of my Solar powered still, which I will use to attempt oil extraction ASP.

23day_jungle1.jpg

23day_jungle2.jpg

23day_jungle.jpg

3topped_babies.jpg

Hi all,
Its just an update: Day 27 OTF

Well the mutilated babies are doin just fine thank you, I FIMd 1 and topt 2 to control the stretch some. I left 1 be itself to be the control in the experiment. The teens are doing good, not stretching out or up too much as I adjusted the light height to 24", the babies are at 18" now not 12"(was noticing some curling). RH ~55-60, Temp ~74-80 (deck) ~78-85 (canopy), Lights 18/6, Fan on during lights, 1/2tsp Flora-Micro & 1/2tsp Flora-Grow every other 3~4 days, else Rainwater @ 6.3PH. Everything looks very healthy and lush, hate to mess with it much. Ready to set up new CO2 generator and feeder tubes next week, hope they will improve on whats there already, I guess we'll find out soon enough ;)

Cheers and respect.

plants_day27.JPG

babies_day27.JPG

Just a quick update for pics: Day 30 OTF

Just checking in with some pics from the farm so far. Things are spreading out and I may up pot soon and think about LST then. I have been using a foliar spray made with 1/4tsp Flora Grow only in the spray bottle, it seems to perk them up some between feedings. I'm working on a DIY Light Track to go with DIY DWC, so theres plenty of work while their growing. Will post pics of all projects when done!

Cheers and have fun!

DSC0078310.jpg

DSC007848.jpg

DSC0078212.jpg

DSC0078112.jpg

Wow you started with a lot of plants your first grow. Very impressive.

:goodjob:

Thanks to all for responding! I did not intend on doing this many plants for my first grow, but a friend had nice clones at a real good price so how could one say no? With the bigger tent and 900 watts of light I think I will be alright for 10 plants to veg proper, but we shall see I guess. I may need to get a smaller tent for blooms so I can do breeding or the perpetual thing like I want. I plan on doing some winter veggies to go along with the babies, maybe start in September on some purple Ghost peppers and some smaller squash from seed. Anyone else grow any additional crops with their babies?

Back
Top Bottom