StonedGypsy's First Farming Foray!

StonedGypsy

Hello fellow farmers,

Its my first grow and journal here so a little "green" around the edges, but hey....I'm an eager quick study.
So my equipment list is pretty short so far:

6x6x7 tent - Unknown manufacturer
(2) 800w Sunnine COB Reflector LED
(1) 300w Metal Halide DE
Temp 75-77 RH 50-60 (air) 70-80 (dome)
Oscillating fan & heater, Pancake exhaust on roof

SuperSprouter Seed tray & dome
100x digital microscope, PlantLite flashlight
Fox Farms Light Warrior Seed Starter
2-5-10 gal pots
Distilled Water with 1/4 tsp. MG crystals for now

Results so far using initial 13 old bagseed mystery beans in mounded starter using 1 LED @ 12" for 6 days:
5 good healthy seedlings so far, I expect maybe 1 or 2 more are hiding and yet to show.

Doing a lot of reading and trying to determine the lowest cost, most effective process for each phase ATM
I'm excited and hopeful that I can get usable medicines and start a new hobby too! Pics to follow shortly.

Feel free to chime in anytime!

Hello fellow farmers,

Its my first grow and journal here so a little "green" around the edges, but hey....I'm an eager quick study.
So my equipment list is pretty short so far:

6x6x7 tent - Unknown manufacturer
(2) 800w Sunnine COB Reflector LED
(1) 300w Metal Halide DE
Temp 75-77 RH 50-60 (air) 70-80 (dome)
Oscillating fan & heater, Pancake exhaust on roof

SuperSprouter Seed tray & dome
100x digital microscope, PlantLite flashlight
Fox Farms Light Warrior Seed Starter
2-5-10 gal pots
Distilled Water with 1/4 tsp. MG crystals for now

Results so far using initial 13 old bagseed mystery beans in mounded starter using 1 LED @ 12" for 6 days:
5 good healthy seedlings so far, I expect maybe 1 or 2 more are hiding and yet to show.

Doing a lot of reading and trying to determine the lowest cost, most effective process for each phase ATM
I'm excited and hopeful that I can get usable medicines and start a new hobby too! Pics to follow shortly.

Feel free to chime in anytime!
:welcome: to :420: Nis and I have a journal going and we are eager to help. Stop on by if you have questions, I'll be here to help also. Have a great day! :Namaste:

I just finished putting together a crude DWC for my new babies. I designed it in CAD and printed all the parts on my 3D printer along with some new starter cups.I will use this set up as part of a timed nutrient release system module, which will be part of my completely programmable grow room automation system using Arduino Nano. As soon as I am able to post any pics I will.

Hey again StonedGypsy, glad to see you got the journal started up after we talked last. You even had some good company so far, Canna and Nismo are 2 wonderful people that are also always willing to help out where they can! You can learn a lot from these 2 :)

Sounds like you got quite the start as well as plans for your grow! I have never heard of anyone on here making their own parts from a 3d printer to make a DWC setup, this should be really interesting to watch. I will definitely stay tuned to this one, can't wait to see some pictures. Does your camera have any white balance settings for if you are outside and it's sunny, cloudy, or if you're using flash or under artificial light? Just wondering as my camera does have these and makes it easier to get normal colored photos around odd lights.

I will investigate the camera settings further and definitely will post some pics of the grow and DWC parts builds. I will try and take pics using MH instead of LED. As far as the Custom DWC goes I have 4-in-1 connectors, drip tips and hang tank (2 liter bottle) connectors so far for the hybrid manual system. The Arduino flow controls may take some time but I will develop some kind of automation for it, as I do intend to vacation for a few days here and there but don't want to ruin my babies! If anyone wants the CAD designs (.stl) or the Gcode to run on their own 3D printer just give me a shout. I can also take most 2D drawings and sketches and create 3D models ready to 3D print or CNC machine if anyone needs any of these services or has ideas. I do a lot of re-design and reverse engineering of existing parts for custom one off applications & R&D. I like the challenge of doing engineering and design based on lowest cost, best form & ergonomic functionality, in other words from concept to creation. Wow too much purple medicine this morning, must. slow. down.
Thanks for checking out my journal, stop in anytime!

Hey again StonedGypsy, glad to see you got the journal started up after we talked last. You even had some good company so far, Canna and Nismo are 2 wonderful people that are also always willing to help out where they can! You can learn a lot from these 2 :)

Sounds like you got quite the start as well as plans for your grow! I have never heard of anyone on here making their own parts from a 3d printer to make a DWC setup, this should be really interesting to watch. I will definitely stay tuned to this one, can't wait to see some pictures. Does your camera have any white balance settings for if you are outside and it's sunny, cloudy, or if you're using flash or under artificial light? Just wondering as my camera does have these and makes it easier to get normal colored photos around odd lights.

Good morning Dick! Thanks for the kind words! I hope you are easing back into the work week well. Have a great day! :thanks:

A little update now I have some pics to share! Day 7 OTF

bagseed_babies_5.jpg

If you look close 1 has got a purple stem even lol!

sunnine_800w.jpg

feed_tank_clamp.jpg

3d_starter_cups_etc.jpg

grow_tent14.jpg

The DWC articles and net starter cups are custom 3D printed and can be scaled up any size, the manifold to maybe 12 into 1 without using a pump of some type. I figure that 2L tank regulated twice to the proper gravity flow rate should last at least 10 days at a small flow into 5 pots, but I will be testing for the correct amount of flow first.

I also have 5-15w solar panels, controller, batteries and 4000w inverter so I will go ALL solar at some point, to what degree I go ATM leaves yet to be tested. I figure at least one LED, nutes valve control (5v) and fan(120v osc) on 1200w inverter using 12v storage batteries (2) in series. So maybe I can use the full capacity of a smaller system to do 1 - LED or T2 germination at night after daily charge cycle. I need to do some tests first this week, then we shall see!. May need to add a wind turbine to the mix ASP!

PS - the little pyramid thing over by the 1 hitter bong holder thing is my new "Cosmic Bean Booster",
which is proven to enhance anything cosmically that you put in it, when it is oriented to true magnetic north!
Just use the Googles to find out about "The power of the pyramids" or VonDaniken or "Chariots of the Gods" will do. I used it on my old bagseed and got 5 out of 13 to pop!

Peace and Thanks for checking my journal out, and feel free to comment anytime!

Oooo update - This just in - Breaking news even!

I'm gettin' me six clone ladies tonight and we gonna have a party up in here!
Should be here within the hour, can't wait!
6 for $50 from a CG buddy.
I have a current MMMP card, my grow limit is 12 so I'm good.
I know there is 1 - Green Crack for sure!.
Updates as soon as it happens...

Just in...2 - Enemy of the State - Super Strains
3 - Pineapple Chunk x Purple Haze...

He must have known I like the fruitier things in life!

Like this:
purple_treat.jpg
Purple treats but my Iphone 4S camera stinks O well you get the picture!

Good morning Dick! Thanks for the kind words! I hope you are easing back into the work week well. Have a great day! :thanks:

Afternoon now, back from work for today lol. Not a problem, you and Nis got something good going on over there :)
I eased back into the work week by standing around most of the 2 days and occasionally sucking up some drill mud lol Hope yours was well.

A little update now I have some pics to share! Day 7 OTF

If you look close 1 has got a purple stem even lol!

The DWC articles and net starter cups are custom 3D printed and can be scaled up any size, the manifold to maybe 12 into 1 without using a pump of some type. I figure that 2L tank regulated twice to the proper gravity flow rate should last at least 10 days at a small flow into 5 pots, but I will be testing for the correct amount of flow first.

I also have 5-15w solar panels, controller, batteries and 4000w inverter so I will go ALL solar at some point, to what degree I go ATM leaves yet to be tested. I figure at least one LED, nutes valve control (5v) and fan(120v osc) on 1200w inverter using 12v storage batteries (2) in series. So maybe I can use the full capacity of a smaller system to do 1 - LED or T2 germination at night after daily charge cycle. I need to do some tests first this week, then we shall see!. May need to add a wind turbine to the mix ASP!

PS - the little pyramid thing over by the 1 hitter bong holder thing is my new "Cosmic Bean Booster",
which is proven to enhance anything cosmically that you put in it, when it is oriented to true magnetic north!
Just use the Googles to find out about "The power of the pyramids" or VonDaniken or "Chariots of the Gods" will do. I used it on my old bagseed and got 5 out of 13 to pop!

Peace and Thanks for checking my journal out, and feel free to comment anytime!

This is going to be a very interesting journal to watch I can see it now. I am intrigued with how all of the materials were made by you on a 3d printer, this journal should have been called "Engineering Marijuana" haha :) I will be looking forward to seeing what else you come up with and seeing this all in working order. You will have my support the whole way so I can be sure to keep watching this progress! :thumb:

If you or anyone else is wanting parts made or want to use my designs just lemme know we can work a deal.
I will barter for goods or services at times, so just contact me with ideas or drawings and
maybe we can make it happn Cappn!

And thanx again for your support!

Update...

Some new ladies just moved in and started drinking an dancing! Big happy family...

762016_3.jpg

762016_1.jpg

762016_2.jpg

Neem spray applied lightly by Justin Case and we all had a little drink! Lights on for awhile yet.
Then tomorrow were off to see the wizard at HydroKings for some nutes n soil for my mix.
Will be updating tomorrow on DWC set up and testing, now that I have a use for it!

Transplanting the 5 bagseed babies into .5 gal pots today! A little bigger than a Solo but they're free.
I will use the green light while doing it, hope it helps with the shock some. Its real hot here today 90+ so working on the grow room today (in the cooler basement), with transplants, DWC testing and installation all on the front burner!

HydroKing is my first stop this AM, getting 3 stage custom nute packs.
Then if all goes well I can get some pics of everything DWC starting to fit together!
I may need to design some clamps for the Solos' to hold the hoses in place on the edge.
May also make a rectangular 6 to 1 manifold, so I can just mount it between 2 rows of 3 Solo cups,
then i can use one 2 into 1 manifold to feed both 6 into 1 manifolds for a total of 12 spots.

I'm only a 3rd stage field engineer, but I try harder!
Maybe if I do good on this grow I will get that promotion to 2nd stage haha

Its not that hard to do if an old gypsy like me can do it lol
My secret is... practice a lot then hope your in the right place at the right time!

If I can make something for your grow let me know!

I am just finishing up some t-connectors of various sizes to hook all the tubes together.
Will post pics after its all done printing.

Got my hands on some nutes from General Hydroponics today!

3 part system as follows:

Flora Micro gets added as a base first, then you add either/or Flora Gro or Flora Bloom depending on how aggressive you want.So I ended up reading the instructions and using the Seedling/Cutting formula of 1/4tsp of all 3 in a Gallon of Spring Water to start. Once I transplant the big ladies in a week or so, I will up them to 1/2tsp and leave the babies on the previous formula until they get a little more full. If anyone else that reads this happens to use GH Flora System please chime in with results as I'm curious. I feel good about my choice, its easy to use and it came in the best value for the money. 3-16oz bottles of concentrate for $36.00. I also paid $15.00 for a bag of FF Ocean Forest which was recommended by the wizard.

Back
Top Bottom