Stoner Mama Gardens

Sally Green

420 Member
Hey everyone, this is my first journal ever, please bear with me. I'm Synaster, I'm a 41-year-old Mom of five, raised four amazing sons and have a nearly one and a half year old daughter. Haven't grown in at least 5 years, but in the past, had many successful indoor and outdoor gardens. This years indoor is a medical for my 25-year-old son who has stage 4 colon cancer, diagnosed in September of this year. This will be an indica dominant garden as they will best suit my son's needs.

It's taken me about two and a half months to get everything ready and to catch up on current growing techniques and research. This will be my first LED grow and exclusively Canuck bean strains.

I'm using organic mechanics seedling soil to start, and when they get a little bigger roots brand terp tea. When it's time for transplant I will either be using organic mechanics or FFOF. Most likely though it will be organic mechanics. leaning strongly towards using organic top dressings for nutrients when the time comes and teas to feed the girls. All the plants are feminized photo period, personally don't feel the need or desire to grow an auto.

Starting in double solo cups for easy transplanting.LST, around the time the plants have at least their fifth true leaves. Starting out in an 8x4 tent with 8 inch ac affinity T8 cloud line for exhaust, filtered my side vents for the tent so I can bring in fresh air as well. Also running a charcoal filter for what's exhausted out of the window.

The tent will be directly vented out of a window. Humidity in the room is currently sitting at 60 without any lights fans or otherwise, If I need to bring it up I do have a cool mist humidifier and a heater if need be.

Lights for the 8x4 tent are HLG 600R spec V2 x 2 also grabbed the UVA bars for flower. I do have a brand new spider farmer SF 4000, but that will not be used for this grow. Oh and seedlings will be started I'm using a 4-ft T5 fixture rather than the LEDs, I would like to work them into the brighter light.

Strains
True OG
Zkittlez
Cheese
GG #4
Blue Dream (maybe)
Do-Si-Dos (maybe only 1)
Blueberry (maybe)

AplogIize if my format is not typical or in an orderly fashion, that's just not how my brain works.

Any and all positive and constructive feedback is welcome, thanks for reading and happy growing ♥️

PXL_20201212_213556277.jpg

Hey Synaster congrats on your first grow journal.

Sorry to hear about your son, I had an aunt who battled colon cancer so I know how hard it is to deal with. My aunt found a lot of relief in medical cannabis so I think it will help your son too.

I've grown Canuck's Do-Si-Dos before (it's actually my profile picture) and it was probably the best strain I've had. Vigorous plant, good yielder, tons of trichomes, and a beautiful purple color if you flush it. The high is heavy indica so it's great for pain and things like that.

Best,
ZT

Hey Synaster congrats on your first grow journal.

Sorry to hear about your son, I had an aunt who battled colon cancer so I know how hard it is to deal with. My aunt found a lot of relief in medical cannabis so I think it will help your son too.

I've grown Canuck's Do-Si-Dos before (it's actually my profile picture) and it was probably the best strain I've had. Vigorous plant, good yielder, tons of trichomes, and a beautiful purple color if you flush it. The high is heavy indica so it's great for pain and things like that.

Best,
ZT
I only have one of the Do So Dos it was a freebie, as well as the blueberry. I got five freebies total, I have other bean strain's, Jack Herer, Blue Cheese and others that I will grow out in the spring summer, Jack is an all-time favorite of mine but he can be a pain in the ass to grow, and doesn't do well usually mixed with an indica dominant garden. At least from past experience the Jack just gets way tall and likes a warmer temperature.

Thanks so much for your reply It's appreciated, good to know someone reads. More pictures and video clips ahead.

The beans are soaking for the night instead of hitting the seedling soil, tested the soil PH and it's a 3!! Yikes.. I'll be heading back to grow supply tomorrow for some happy frog..

Final decision on beans

Zkittlez x3
True OG x3
Cheese x3
Do Si Dos x1
Canuck cookies x3
GG #4 x3

14 beans made it into soil, ended up using happy frog. Was 15 but one decided to launch out of the tweezers and go missing. RIP dear friend I noticed about half of the seeds were already starting to split before popping into the soil. Misted at top of the soil and used lightly sprayed bags. Purified water pH came out at 6.5 without touching, ran with it.

PXL_20201213_212438035.jpg

Tonight's progress report Have a question/concern if anyone can help

Got the tent up, 8x4 6.5 high, ran into a minor hiccup, did not consider my ceiling is only 7 ft, ended up removing the ceiling fan blades ‍♀️ Hopefully he budget allows for a better tent soon. The VS was actually pretty simple to put together, and there was very minor light leaks around some seams where the frame runs easy fix, but surprisingly nothing around the zippers! Overall I'm not disappointed but looking forward to getting a gorilla tent or similar.

Under light since 6pm 4ft T5, 4 tubes, ran 2 at 24 inches above and just switched to all 4, dropped to 8 inches above cup rims.

Soil was fairly moist out of bag, pencil for shallow holes, tweezers to drop beans, loose cover and misted down soil.18oz solo cups, hefty quart size freezer bags misted to cover with a few cuts on top for air. Soil felt dry though when checking.

Temp 70 RH 66%, will probably watch the next few hours and see how the environment starts dialing in, just zipped her up at 10pm. AC affinity T6 currently running on #1 low. Will add heater if temp doesn't come up a bit.

So my question, I'm worried about over-watering the seeds, the cups feel fairly light, top part of soil is definitely on the dry side. Should I go ahead and give them a spraying tonight, or since they have the moist baggies over them let it be until morning and recheck?

Thanks for any feedback. This is so exciting and I'm so nervous that I might actually throw up

PXL_20201213_231926483.jpg

PXL_20201213_231916338.jpg

PXL_20201213_225554046.jpg

If you poke your finger in the soil does it feel dry?
I saw where one user waters his seedlings with a dropper only in the adjacent soil and thought that was actually pretty brilliant.
It does feel dry, didn't drench them initially just used spray bottle. Gonna go hit them again at midnight. Thanks so much ❤️

Back
Top Bottom