Stonerdj 2nd grow attempt 2010

stonerdj

Im starting my 2nd grow after my first attempt failed. This time i have changed my grow room. my grow room is now a 2'7" x 2'7" x 5' grow lab. inside i have have 4 24w 6700k 1700 lumen t5 bulbs. I am setting up a dwc with grow stone. I'm not sure the strain i will be growing yet. i wanted to start this journal from the beginning so i have a better chance of a successful yield. For Veg stage i will be using cns17 3-2-4 grow along with dutch master liquid light and saturator. My dwc system consists of a 5 gallon bucket with a 6" net pot and a 7" air stone. I have a 4" inline fan made buy hydro farm and is rated up to 165cfm.

any thought into my setup would be extremly helpful. i dont plan on planting until i have the lab set up 100%.

my fan is very loud and i have read some things on how to muffle the sound but i am very confused on that topic.

Hey man the fans gonna be loud any way you work it but if you're using CFLs you really won't need a big inline fan. When you get up to 250 or 400w HIDs you will start to use the centrifugal fan. For now a pedestal or box fan would be just fine to move the air but it won't be so hot that you need constant exchange or so stinky you need carbon filtering.
Are you using hydroton? And rockwool to start the seeds?

thanks. right now im using t5 bulbs and im going to be using growstone. what would you suggest. my temp without the inline fan running is about 79 degrees with all 4 lights on and one small fan blowing towards the lights. i have the inline because i plan to add a 400w hps along with my t5's. also i am going to be getting a clone. i dont really want to have seeds sent anywhere for me. i know legally with my prescription i can grow but i just dont really want to risk it.

do you mean air stone when you say growstone or is there something about it that makes it a growstone.
you need medium and starters. rapid rooters are good, rockwool is best for DWC though. medium-wise hydroton is probably best for a bubble bucket. could run large chunky perlite, which is great, but hydroton is easier to come by at majority of hydro shops. you could also use pebbles or rocks if they are clean and free of insect eggs... I'd stick with the hydro store's products though.

best way to quiet the fan down is a speed controller/rheostat.

im not sure its made by earthsone. i got it from the hydro store they said it would be better then hydroton, but the bag says growstones lightweight soil enhancement. when i get the clone they will probably come in some rockwool, at least the last one i had did.

cool thanks. i put a speed controller on my fan and it really quieted the noise and didnt bring the temp up at all. anywayz i got my clone today. She is Blue Dream. Here are some pics from today. 1 question. i am using a 5 gallon bucket. i read the water level should be about 1 inch under the netpot correct. also i put her in the growstones right away because she had already rooted pretty nicely in the rockwool cube.
IMG_16702.JPG

IMG_16681.JPG

hey all i have a question. some of the leaves are starting to turn brown. i know that that is not good but what is causeing it so i can change it. they are about 4 inches from the lights could the be too close?. im running 4 t4 bulbs

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom