StonerPimpson's 4-100W Advanced LED - 5 Strain - 4x4 Tent - First Grow!

StonerPimpson

Hello to all! This will be my first "official" cannabis grow. Ive tried in the past when I was young, but Im talking 14/15 years old popping seeds in pots and getting caught by the parents lol. So Ive never actually gotten a plant thru a full harvest. So now that Im a lot older and more intelligent, let the fun begin! Lol. Ive only been reading and learning how the plants grow for a month now, and Im sure you all know the feeling....IM HOOKED!

Thanks to all the great info Ive gotten from this site, I think I have a pretty good setup going. I was gonna go with HPS, but then I started looking into LED and it just seemed like the best way to go for me (stealth and less heat). I decided to go with a 4x4x6.5 "Secret Jardin DR120" tent and "4-Advanced LED 100w Diamond Series" grow lights. I have 2 more tents Im gonna set up also and get a monthly harvest going....But lets just get thru this one first lol.

I will be using "Blue Planet Nutrients Organic Farmers Pride," and my medium is "Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil". I ordered from Attitude seeds, got feminized, "Kaya 47, G.H. Cheese, Vanilla Kush, Haze Mist, C99, and a free Green Poison Auto-flower"....All delivered successfully within 12 days, all germinated. C99 (Cinderella 99) popped up late, but then I accidentally killed her while transplanting, (f**k!). I popped another one in soil and so far it hasn't come up yet, hopefully she is just late like the last. BUT, being the over anxious person I am, I went ahead and planted a fem Green Poison (photoperiod) freebee I also got with the order....So like I said, we will see what happens there. But as of now we have a, (one of each) Kaya 47, G.H. Cheese, Vanilla Kush, Haze Mist, and a Green Poison Auto-flower sprouted on/around 5/11/13 and loving life!

I will follow the Blue Planet Organic feeding schedule from the website exactly. But I am not going to start nutrients till they get 2nd or 3rd sets of leaves (cause I feel they are too fragile and I don't want to kill them with inexperience). I will go into the nutrient schedule level based on what week the plants actually are on when I start feeding, and continue to follow the schedule. Now, I understand keeping the water and nutrients solution and all that at proper Ph, and I have already been doing so with the plain water, but I don't quite understand the soil Ph and how that all works. I kinda thought that as long as Im putting in popper Ph'd water and food, then the soil Ph should be good...right? Idk, I may not worry about it unless its just something thats a dire need, Ill let you all tell me that.

They are currently in some small pots I got from Walmart, but when they are bigger I will transplant them to 3 gallon pots. The temperature as of now is at a constant 75 degrees with humidity always between 55 and 65 percent. I plan to veg them 18/6 till about a foot tall , then switch to 12/12 because they can't get bigger than 3ft tall and most of these are Sativa or more Sativa dominant strains [Im a musician, love the creative high ;-)]. They could grow a little bigger but I would have to figure out a way to rig the lights higher, which shouldn't be too hard if needed.

So without further a due, here are some pics of the setup and the babies. I don't have all 4 lights hooked up now cause they are so small and can all fit perfectly, but I will add the others as needed (or would they grow faster with all 4 lights hooked up now?). If anyone is looking to purchase LED lights, I can vouch for the Advanced LED brand....the plants LOVE THESE LIGHTS!

My Setup, minus 2 lights for now.
IMG_1452.jpeg

The ladies...
IMG_1462.jpeg

IMG_1464.jpeg

Individual Close-ups...

GREEN POISON AUTO (Sweet Seeds)
IMG_1460.jpeg

CHEESE (Greenhouse Seed Co.)
IMG_1457.jpeg

HAZE MIST (Advanced Seeds)
IMG_1455.jpeg

VANILLA KUSH (Barney's Farm)
IMG_1454.jpeg

KAYA 47 (Advanced Seeds)
IMG_1453.jpeg

Pictures of the C99 (on right) and the Green Poison (photoperiod-
) I planted to replace the C99 I killed....who knows if they'll pop up. We will see...
IMG_1466.jpeg

Blue Planet Nutes, Fox Farm Soil, Ph coontrol kit, and extra LED lights.
IMG_1467.jpeg

NOW LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!​

Welcome aboard KingJohnC, I thought I'd be growing alone for a minute there lol. I've seen this chart before and like I said, I can get the ph of the water I'm using correct. But how do I make sure the soil ph is correct? Is it really as simple as testing the ph of the runoff? If yes, then what do I do to correct it if I find it out of whack?

...also, I just realized that I cant really follow the BLUE PLANET nutrient schedule exactly cause I'm using LEDs (less heat=less watering). Any suggestions on a feeding schedule for my LED setup?

to test soil ph
1) adjust and test water to ph 6.5
2) water the pot and measure the first runoff passing through it
3) flush the plant if your reading is not the same until it is ph 6.5

i am not using L.E.D's myself so i am not sure about a nutrient feed schedule to recommend. from what i have read a lot of people seem to be using about half the nutrient amount but still supplementing the same amount of calcium/manganese supplement. Jon705 may be able to give you some advice on this i would ask in his thread Blue Planet Nutrients-Soil-Hydro-2400w Led-2000w Hps-8 Strains-1 GPW+.

Soil - Hydro - 2400w Led - 2000w HPS - 8 Strains - 1 GPW+

Thanks for the info.

Here are some pics. Ill try to post weekly pics every tuesday.

GREEN POISON AUTO (Seems to be growing very slowly)
Green_Poison_Auto.jpg

VANILLA KUSH
Vanilla_Kush5.jpg

CHEESE
cheese37.jpg

HAZE MIST
Haze_Mist.jpg

KAYA 47
Kaya_47.jpg

The C99 and Green Poison (Photoperiod) did not germinate so I finally tossed them out. I planted a "White Rhino" (reg seed) and a "Ice Cool" (fem) to replace them. When I said I wanted to do "5 strains" I meant 5 different full size plants, not Auto-flower. So in the spirit of the post Im trying to get another plant going that I will just flower at the same time as the rest, and take clones from them all for a even grow next time around.

ENJOY!

Sorry its taken a little longer this time to post pics. I had a death in the family and its just been a crazy 2 weeks. But my babies are doing pretty good tho. I am officially feeding them as the Organic feeding schedule says on the Blue Planet website. Starting at week 4 nutes. Here are the pics.

Vanilla Kush
vkush4.jpg

Green Poison Auto (stem is growing sideways and upward...weird)
gpoison.jpg

Haze Mist
haze_mist1.jpg

Kaya 47
kaya477.jpg

Ok.....and last but not least....My Greenhouse Cheese, which seems to have had a small problem. The only thing I could think is light stress. So I did move the lights a little further back because they were a couple inches too close. But I kinda don't think thats the case cause the taller plants were just fine. And they kinda kept getting worse for a day after I moved the lights up. Tell me what you think....

cheese38.jpg
burn32.jpg
burn28.jpg
burn110.jpg

it is only the cheese plant that is experiencing the problem correct? my best guess would be too many nutrients, the fox farm ocean forest soil is supposed to be a "hot" soil that can burn seedlings combined with any nutrients it could easily burn seedlings. i would hold off adding any nutrients to your cheese till you see the leaves start to yellow. what is important is the new growth is not affected by the problem the larger leaves are having.

here is a link to the cannabis problem solver pictorial

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

Camera is broken, but I will update with pics soon. They have grown a lot and I topped them like a week ago. Most of them began to have lower leaves yellowing and dying very slowly. So, I did what you said and flushed them with 6.5 Ph water. Almost all of them showed around 5.3-5.5 run off Ph (which I know was definitely not good). So I flushed them all and brought them up to at least 6.4, (two plants are at 6.3). I have a Oakton Ph2 tester pen now so I can get accurate readings.

I planned on letting the soil completely dry then start giving them nutes again. I flushed with no nutrient water. Was bringing the run off Ph up to at least 6.3-6.4 good enough?

I figured if I continue to water now with proper 6.5 Ph'd water from now on, that the run off Ph should balance itself up to 6.5, right?

Also, when I go to transplant them into their 3 gallon pots, and I use more fresh Fox Farm soil, wont my soil Ph be off again?? Cause I believe Fox Farm is Ph'd at 7.0.

Well, the soil dried out faster than I thought it would. So I watered them with nutrients this time and Ph'd the solution to 6.5 before I did it. But this time the run off came out at about 6.0-6.1 on them. WHATS THE DEAL? Why is this ph thing so difficult to maintain? I cant seem to find any posts online or videos or anything where someone actually explains how to actually keep the Ph correct. The lower leaves on all the plants seem to keep wanting to die slowly. I just dont get it.

I have vegged many plants in FFOF and have never used any nutrients during veg. The plants are always robust and healthy. There are plenty of nutes in FF soil to get you through veg. Just give em light and water and they'll be fine brotha, let those hydro guys worry about Ph....lol jk. Keep up the great work bro! Happy growing y'all.
:bravo:

to flush you need to water with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as its pot size, more if you are still having issues with pH stability. you have not said that you have been adding nutrients yet, nutrients often acidify the soil pH. your plants do not require additional nutrients yet, you are most likely over fertilizing your plants and that is the source of your yellowing and dying leaves. i would water with only pH adjusted water until your plants improve.

But when I go to transplant them into 3 gallon pots in a few days, it will be in more FFOF soil. Should I not add notes to it then? Since it will be full of nutes again from the new soil? I waited a full 30 days or more before I gave them their first feeding cause I had heard that FFOF was a "hot" soil before, so I don't see how they could have burnt. I started on week 2 nutes, even tho they were actually in week 5 already. So they should have been fine. Like I said, I just don't get it.

Before I planted these I had some "Mexican brick" seeds that I germinated cause I was inpatient to get my Attitude seeds lol. I added no nutes at all to them (till the end of veg) and they had the same problem the whole way thru. All turned out to be males except 1, now I got 1 female in flower for the last 17 days thats struggling to make it. The flowers seem to not want to bloom, and the leaves are starting to get brown spots all over them like a Phosphorus AND Potassium deficiency.

This is really discouraging. But, Ive got $3500 invested in my grow room now, no turning back lol.

Hey SP, nice set up bro, I think your main problem is you put the seedlings right into hot soil. For the first 2 weeks they dont really need anything in the soil at all, I start my soil plants in pro mix bx which has nothing but micorizea(sp) to kickstart the roots and they get nothing until the 3rd-4th node and then start them at seedling strength nutes as recomended by BPN, so bassically they already had way to much and then you gave them more.I dont know much about that soil but if its anything like supersoil you should start your plants in soil with no nutes and when you stransplant fill the pot halfway with ffof then a thin layer of whatever the light soil is and transplant using the light soil around the sides.this way the roots can grow down into the hot soil as they need it.
another thing is you cant flush organic soil because the nutes come from organic matter in the soil and the microbes constantly make more nutes available as they eat the organic matter...or something like that lol im a hydro guy but I have a basic understanding of how it works, only sinthetic nutes can be flushed out of soil. I would'nt start feeding them any nutes until they tell you they need it by starting to turn pale green,this will happen when they've used up all the available nutes in the soil. I hope this makes sense im pretty baked right now lol..im subbed:)

....okay, so now to make things worse. I got my digital Soil Ph tester in the mail today. Its showing the soil Ph at 7.0 on all the plants. So now I have even more numbers, and Im not sure what the actual Ph of the soil is. The runoff says 6.0, the soil tester says 7.0....smh....crazy.

No, just checked the calibration of my Oakton Ph2 meter with the buffer solution and its perfect. The soil ph meter doesnt have calibration options. Its similar to a digital meat thermometer. Just stick it in moist soil and it reads.

I did a bunch of research before I started my grow. Everybody seemed to agree that FoxFarm soil was the best way to go even tho it wasn't cheap. Heck, I just went and purchased 3 more bags a couple days ago because our store will stop carrying it for the season soon.

Jon705, is there a way I can do this without buying a different soil?

Right now my main worry is that Im going to transplant them and continue to have these troubles all the way thru flower until they die. Im so confused right now from reading so many different things online. I dont know whether to not feed them, or feed them because I flushed them?

I just got my rapid rooters, propagation kit, and waiting on clonex. They are big enough to take a clone from each plant now. Next time Ill take Jon705's advice and not feed till they show they need it. So, since Im taking clones, I guess this will at some point turn into a 2nd grow within a 1st grow lol.

Ive kinda gone grower crazy lol. I now have 9-100w Advanced LED lights, 2-4x4 Secret Jardin Tents, and 1-2x2 veg tent. I plan on doing a monthly harvest (ambitious much?? lol). I put 4 lights in each 4x4 tent, and 1 light in the 2x2 Veg tent.

I'll get some progress pics up of the plants asap. If not today, tomorrow for sure.

Im not sure if theres anything you can do but then again im not a soil guy, cannasensei would be the guy to ask but hes been mia for a few days now, maybe bigirishdoobe can help or JB42 is another organic grower, I definetly would'nt feed them anything until they show that they need it though, if you plan on using the bpn organic maybe just transplant them into promix and let them use up the nutes in the ffof, once they start to pale on you start using the bpn, just my 2cents though

Back
Top Bottom