My outdoor got hit with rogue pollen i am guessing it will happen every year from now on due to inexperienced growers not pulling males in time.
I sorta just assumed my cheap intake filter just let in a wee bit of that rogue pollen and the blue dream has the intake touching her so it would get her first

Start using my unused carbon filter on the intake lmfao

So glad to hear you are back in shape, at least you can say anything you want to him inside your head lol
Oh n I already told him to kiss my ass , I forgot how short lunches are and he came mucking with me . Hasn’t said anything since I think he knows they want me to be his boss !
Would you take a few of these pics to this thread to show them off !

Oh n I already told him to kiss my ass , I forgot how short lunches are and he came mucking with me . Hasn’t said anything since I think he knows they want me to be his boss !
Would you take a few of these pics to this thread to show them off !
Lol when someone sees you food in hand and tries to suggest you work, like piss off :laugh:

I sent some love to the thread you posted

I literally searched every branch of every plant even down the centers of the plant i didn't find anything but it could be inside a bud swell by now
Its a calyx...

It could be just a swollen calyx growing. You see no seed development when you inspect them so I'm guessing its a calyx.
I don't see that as a seed either. Just a calyx.
I sorta just assumed my cheap intake filter just let in a wee bit of that rogue pollen and the blue dream has the intake touching her so it would get her first
If you had seeds, well it would be a seed. If it was a hermie then you would see nanners.
Some plants will produce their own seeds when they don't get harvested early enough as well. It's one last attempt at keeping their species going.

Its a calyx...
but like the calyx skin split down the middle I never seen a calyx swell that much but this makes me happy

I don't see that as a seed either. Just a calyx.

If you had seeds, well it would be a seed. If it was a hermie then you would see nanners.
Some plants will produce their own seeds when they don't get harvested early enough as well. It's one last attempt at keeping their species going.

Is this not a calyx splitting down the middle? again not a seed would be amazing

1600485182527.png

Well looking closer now it's a bract and not the calyx. Growers will see swollen calyxes as being a sign of maturity and an indication of readiness for harvesting. They can be incorrectly called calyxes or false calyxes but really are bracts.
1600481766629.png

Each female flower has a single ovule, which is encapsulated by bracteoles and bracts. The bracts and bracteoles are small, modified leaves that enclose and protect the seed in what some growers refer to as the seed pod.
The bracts have the densest covering of capitate-stalked resin glands of any plant part, and it is within the heads of these resin glands that the plant synthesizes and holds the highest concentrations of cannabinoids and terpenes of any plant part. Bracts make up most of the substance and weight of high-quality marijuana buds.

You can take those bracts off and if I recall you can smoke them. I believe @Amy Gardner had a pic one time of a small collection that she had plucked off.
You said " Bracts make up most of the substance and weight of high-quality marijuana buds. " but you also agree I should be picking them off as I find them? are they not the part that produces the seed? I have been eating them not smoking them but I will have to try smoking one lol

You said " Bracts make up most of the substance and weight of high-quality marijuana buds. " but you also agree I should be picking them off as I find them? are they not the part that produces the seed? I have been eating them not smoking them but I will have to try smoking one lol
Thanks for that. No I would leave the ones in the bud, but you'll find them down the stems too near the nodes branching off. Those are the ones that you would collect. Phew!

Thanks for that. No I would leave the ones in the bud, but you'll find them down the stems too near the nodes branching off. Those are the ones that you would collect. Phew!
Ok thank you!! would I keep an eye on the bud Bracts and if I see browning of the center start picking them again?

The bracts are the fuzzy leaves on the outside of the calyx. A bract on any plant is just a modified leaf. A poinsettias flowers are bracts. The whole assembly is the caylix
What do you see in this image still no seed? thank you for patiently answering questions

1600486597650.png

What do you see in this image still no seed? thank you for patiently answering questions

1600486597650.png
No seeds man. I think everyone has gotten hung up on this situation. Looks like a seed... You can clearly see the bract to the right/lower right. Its the area with the highest concentration of trichomes on the plant. You're good.

The whole assembly is the caylix
Well not quite.
The naming of flower parts is complicated by several factors. One, all the parts aren’t present in all flowers. Two, the parts may be very small, or the way they’re connected to the plant squished together and hard to see. Three, the parts may change roles in different species, e.g. the sepals may have color and the petals have none. Four, botanists don’t always agree on what is what. Five, a thing may be observed to be one way, then, when better tools are available (e.g. better microscopes,) it’s seen to be a different way. Six, sometimes the appearance or function of the flower part changes over the life of the plant. Seven, the same part can have more than one name.
In general this is how it is broken down.
  • a BRACT is a modified leaf (of course, most of the parts of the flower are modified from leaves, but a bract is more leaf-like, unless it’s more petal-like, such as in poinsettia or bougainvilla,) arises from the main stem of the plant and in turn the flower stem arises from it. It is often the first shield of the bud as it develops.
  • a BRACTEOLE is a smaller version of a bract, and is attached to the flower stem(called the peduncle) above the bract. If it/they emerge very close to the flower structure, they can be part of the support structure for the flower.
  • the CALYX is the name for all the sepals together, and the sepals are the outermost section of the flower parts, are often green, and support and protect the flower petals as they unfold at the end of the flower stem.
  • the EPICALYX is a section of structures similar to the sepals, but outside them. The words epicalyx and bracteole are sometimes used interchangeably, but generally are differentiated so that the bracteoles arise from the stem on different levels, while the epicalyx sections arise around the flower stem on the same plane.

Back
Top Bottom