Stoney's First Journal: Cheap Tents & LEDs With High Brix Blend - Fall 2018

StoneyMemoirs

Hey gang!

Excited to kick off my first Grow Journal. Some of you may have seen me around the other Brix journals, as I've been a-lurkin' here on 420mag for some time now. Nowadays, I help Doc here and there with navigating the various red tapes of bureaucracy, the website, Amazon, etc, and he's nice enough to give me some growing advice every now and again :)

My Background: Live in San Francisco, an ex finance and tech-career junkie with more interests that lie in the garden, the forests, and the sea, than in some bank shaking hands and moving money. Held fancy positions in fast growing companies--left that for 'greener' pastures.

Growing: Being a penny-pincher but always organically-minded, I started growing in various super-soil recipes with a focus on veggies and hot peppers. Did this for years, mostly outdoors in Southern California--hell, I remember one summer I grew 88 varieties of hot peppers in Orange County. Life moved on, I moved north, and sometime later discovered cannabis. What a plant! I had to know if I could grow it, right? So, I grew my first few rounds of cannabis TLO-style (shoutout to other old TLO growers!) , and fell in love with it. Not too long after, I discovered and started reading about nutrient density...

"All I know is, where once I was blind... " -----My mind was blown. How much food is in our food? Why were apples grown in the 1950s 1/3 the size, but 2x more nutritious? What has happened to the way we are approaching agriculture?

What could possibly make more sense than growing with the explicit goal of trying to achieve the healthiest, happiest plants possible?

I had to know if there was someone doing this with cannabis. So, I use google--I find 420Mag--I find Grow Journals--I find Doc Bud's High Brix Blend--I find DocBud himself! The rest, as they say, "is history". I have since had the good fortune of meeting and working with Doc, and growing in 'the kit' for almost 3 years now.

Before I move on I just wanted to pay respects and give a BIG THANKS to the following folks, from who's journaling I've learned so much over the years: @Duggan, @Graytail, @DrZiggy, @neikodog, @Cannatard, @NemotodeNate, @CannaMontana, @Nismo12, @MajorPITA , @ShiggityFlip, @SweetSue, @Curso, @Hash Hound, @DopyLemontree, @conradino23 -- and others I'm sure I'm too stoney to recall. Y'all are brix legends in my book.
--------------------------------------------

Veg Tent: 4x3 ft "Hongruilite 36"x24"x53" 48"x36"x72" 2-in-1"
Light: 240w - "BESTVA 1200W LED"
Strains: Inhouse Genetics Black Cherry Punch, Blueberry Trainwreck, Devil's Carnival
Rh: 59-80%
Temps: 64-79*F
Pests: Occasional thrips, mites
Pots: One-gallon grow bags for the Black Cherry Punches (BCP) and Blueberry Trainwreck (BBTW), 3 Gal hard-plastic for the Devil's Carnival (DC). The DC was sprouted and vegged outdoors, recently brought inside after a good use of Leaf Wash. BCP and BBTW were sprouted directly into 2nd run Kit soil, in a hole dusted with Roots!

Flower Tent: 5x5 ft Lighthouse Hydro
Lights: 1134w - Two (418w+418w) "VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series R900 900W" + One (298w) "MARS HYDRO Reflector LED 720w"
Strains: Dark Heart Nursery's Sherbet, Flash Seeds Spacer Auto, and an f1: Malawi x Tangie Og (we call it Tom's Tangie)
Rh: 44-65%
Temps: 64-82*F
Pests: Occasional thrips, mites
Pots: 20-gallon grow bag for the Sherbet (vegged first in a 1 gal, then a 7), 7-gallon classic hard pot for the Spacer Auto, 15-gallon grow bag for Tom's Tangie. All three of these plants were vegged outside here in SF and brought inside to flower, after a very forceful hosing of all foliage, followed by a good dose of Leaf Wash.

aaaaaaaaaand we're off! :ganjamon:

Yes....looking very good! That's quite a list of members you put down there. All very experienced and no nonsense brixers!
Loving your nice big pots too Stoney...Good on ya bud! Your strains are no nonsense too...great choices...gonna be fun to watch them blow up in those big pots. You sir , are on point....nice job Stoney.
I'm gonna set my Bob Marley cooler in the corner ..OK...
Ya , ya ya ...all you misfits and ner de wells...i got more than one of those coolers eh...lmfao.
Enjoy the night Stoney ..and friends. :passitleft:

Dont mind me I'll just be keeping some notes :)

Wow that was weird, I just went to WATCH this thread and it asked if I was sure I wanted to UNWATCH ?
Closed and checked the top WERE the option button still said WATCH
had to go through the UNWATCH process FIRST and then Re- WATCH before it changed the header ?

Gazoo,...you crack me up.....take some notes would ya..lol..love ya ..my friend..:passitleft:

Right Back at ya Bud :hug:. Its what I do, Remember that GEICO Commercial with the guy on the Motorcycle
covered in Money ? thats me except there Post-it notes ;)

OH CRAP that reminds me DOES ANYONE KNOW what GEICO Stands for? got a check the other day
from the GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE INSURANCE COMPANY Yup GEICO, Who would of Guessed ?
:passitleft:

Right Back at ya Bud :hug:. Its what I do, Remember that GEICO Commercial with the guy on the Motorcycle
covered in Money ? thats me except there Post-it notes ;)

OH CRAP that reminds me DOES ANYONE KNOW what GEICO Stands for? got a check the other day
from the GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE INSURANCE COMPANY Yup GEICO, Who would of Guessed ?

No way bud...smilin at my monitor..what a hoot. Ya..i can visualize you G.....just look at your self..look at ya...:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Pissin ....check out that guy...there he goes...is that Gazoo..:rofl:...he's takin notes...:slide:
Ya,..we gotta sit and have company with each other...a few laughs ..a few J's...good food...cold beers...drifting...:rofl:
Enjoy the night Mr!:high-five:

Woah! Am I first in? :slide:

I’m up front and centre Stoney :popcorn:
this should be fun

Thanks Amy! Glad you're here :)
Yes....looking very good! That's quite a list of members you put down there. All very experienced and no nonsense brixers!
Loving your nice big pots too Stoney...Good on ya bud! Your strains are no nonsense too...great choices...gonna be fun to watch them blow up in those big pots. You sir , are on point....nice job Stoney.
I'm gonna set my Bob Marley cooler in the corner ..OK...
Ya , ya ya ...all you misfits and ner de wells...i got more than one of those coolers eh...lmfao.
Enjoy the night Stoney ..and friends. :passitleft:

Gotta say man, I'm loving the 20gal pot so far. The 15 is fun too! This might just become a reoccuring theme at Casa Stoney....cheers Duggs! Still have to send you that PM regarding the canoe trip.....
It's about time Stoney! Ha! :rofl: things are looking very proper in here! Looking forward to it.

Thanks Ween, cheers man. Growing the BCP at the same time, getting to see you a few weeks ahead will be fun! I'll be sticking 2 each in 2 20gal grow bags next, so 4 BCP total in the 5x5 tent. Always a new first around here! :passitleft:
Im in!!! Look at them go!! such great ladys!!:goodjob:

Cant wait to see more!! good luck and keep it up bud!!:yummy:

Thanks Sgt! Looking forward to growing wtih ya.
Heyyy Stoney! Awright! :popcorn::slide:
Hey Gray, much respect man. I've learned a lot from you!
Playing hard to get by not putting the journal in your signature aye? I found it anyways :p
Jeez, what a noob. I fixed it, I think! Cheers Kb, and thanks for popping in :)
Dont mind me I'll just be keeping some notes :)

Wow that was weird, I just went to WATCH this thread and it asked if I was sure I wanted to UNWATCH ?
Closed and checked the top WERE the option button still said WATCH
had to go through the UNWATCH process FIRST and then Re- WATCH before it changed the header ?
Hey Gazoo! Alright man, glad you're here.
:thumb:I smelled smoke and had to come running.:yahoo::passitleft:Hi:ciao:Stoney:goodluck::Namaste:
This made me smile pretty big--cheers Dynamo, and welcome! :passitleft:

What a great group of folks.

Back
Top Bottom