Stoobie's WhiteWidow GrowJournal

Stoobie

so i finally have time and a place to grow indoors. this isn't my first grow as i have grown two times outdoors before with decent results. this time i am growing 5 feminised white widows. i am going all flourescent with this because i cant run the elec. bill up too much and dont want the heat. here is my equipment list-

5- 5gal. buckets.
schultz organic premium soil
5 150 watt cfls
1 400 watt t5 high-output sun system-floro- all red spectrum
ionizer
fan
tiger bloom
foil on walls
spray bottle

i will have pics as soon as i can resize them. i planted all the sprouts on sept. 6 so they are all now 19 days old

Sounds nice. You may want to shoot for a more reflective material than foil. Its far less reflective than most people think. Mylar is one of the best. Ive found that a simple flat white paint can be more effective than foil or mirrors.

really, the walls are flat white, you think i should just take the foil off? ill post pics as soon as they're approved.

I tried foil and I got much bushier growth with my flat white drywall. Flat white reflects every light spectrum back. My personal opinion. However, in my personal opinion I like music about clowns, dead bodies and cheap pop. U know the deal Stoob. Detroit City.

yaup, yaup, well two of my bitches are bushy as hell, and the three others are laggin behind. ill get pics up asap just waitin on a mod...

phpxwKCsuPM.jpg

phpv5KH2JPM.jpg

phpjpfTxHPM.jpg

phpmIWSeqPM.jpg

phpK9TK7BPM.jpg

phpA75vgpPM.jpg

phpEPVoBDPM.jpg

Aluminum foil is trouble all around. It is meant to reflect heat, so with hotter lights it can make the grow area get way too hot. Also, the crinkles create hot spots of reflected light which can burn the plants. Go with the flat white walls instead.

Not to mention it doesn't last long, tears easily and is conductive with electricity. Flat white is better. Its been proven and most grow bibles out there also recommends flat white over aluminum foil. If you still wish to use the foil, the back side works better than the front side. It gives a more even light distrabution with less chance of hot spots.

ok, well two of my plants have a set of yellow leaves. what is that from, i havent been overwatering or feeding it nutes. anyone have a n idea what its from

Depends. Overall yellowing? Yellowing on just the tips? With young vegging plants, a lack of nitrogen can be a common occurence. Also, working with soils you dont have experience with can lead to pH imbalance which can cause yellowing. Pics help the most. Id lean towards a nitrogen defi..

k yea that might be it hhgreenhand, there are only a few yellow tips on only one plant. the only nutes that the plants are getting right now is the color burst, which is mixed in with the soil but i didnt mix it in with like the first few inches of soil so it wouldnt hurt the seedlings. two of the ladies are looking really good and bushy, but the other three are lagging behind but still healthy. pics will be up as soon as i can get some batteries...

I agree but if you feel it may hurt the plant leaving them that long, give them a MILD fert. Just enough to give them a small amount of N.

ok guys, sorry for the delay on updates. i didnt have batteries for my cam. ill try to post pics every 10 days or every week. these pics are from day 25 and looking sehr sehr gut. sie ist so schon. the one i was talkin about with yellow leaves is getting better. two of em are looking great, and the rest are lagging behind a lil. tell me what ya guys think... thx :headbanger:

phpz3ESAtPM.jpg

phpdkkSXHPM.jpg

phpTY3HK8PM.jpg

phpN7HbfXPM.jpg

phpP8cybHPM.jpg

php77OkX9PM.jpg

any input would be much appreciated. are they looking like an avg. size for 25 days, any lil tricks i should try. later

25 days since they sprouted from the medium? Do you have temp issues? Looks like you had a few late comers that sprouted. The bottom plant looks 25, the others look stunted if they all popped up at the same time.

Mate, you clearly have a phosphorous deficiency. I would foiliar feed for a week with a dilute flowering fert, to pump up your Phosphorous. The dark green colour and the purpling are indicators.
Purpling: accumulation of anthocyanin pigments; causes an overall dark green color with a purple, red, or blue tint, and is the common sign of phosphate deficiency. Some plant species and varieties respond to phosphate deficiency by yellowing instead of purpling. Purpling is natural to some healthy ornamentals.

^Really, I thought it was overwatering when they were 1st sprouted although watering seems fine now. Wasn't going to mention it because it sometimes confuses people but it helps explain why the plants have that short squat like position. They're a lil young to develope that kind of deficiancy and he is using a good soil mix but I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom