Stooby's 3rd Coco Run - 2x Skunk #1 & 1x Kali China

meumitsumgrow

Well, friends and 420ers. My last journal got abandoned quite abruptly and I apologize. The very day after my last few posts, etc, all hell broke loose on a number of fronts. I was called in several directions, I made a few of them. Again, I apologize.

For the record, the WW/BB and Night Nurse (sensible's version) turned out very well I thought. I did find one single seed in the Night Nurse harvest, after noticing one banana when I was chopping things down. I'm not complaining. They were free seeds from sensible's premium selection that I got with an order of some other stuff through them.

NOW, onto the real point of making this. I have another grow in progress and it's going fairly well. Some inattention and carelessness on my part has caused a few minor issues but nothing major.

While I do not have a perpetual up and running yet, I do have three spaces with which to work finally. Since this grow will occur in only two of those spaces, I will address only the equipment I have in each.

Current environment (since germination) - Late Veg:

Lights 18/6

Avg. Daytime Temp: 81F Avg. Daytime RH: 40% - Avg. Nightime (lights off) temp: 70F - Avg. Nightime (lights off) RH: 55%

2x4x5 (roughly) grow tent- **A little narrow for my liking after the first two grows.

1x Meizhi 450W (running both switches) + 1x Mars Hydro 300W

3x 5 gallon smart parts - ** Kali China is in a pot that's only about 2/3 full, because, well, I ran out of coco. I have more, now, though!

1x 390CFM 6inch inline duct fan

1x 9inch floor fan, head changes positions

1x themo/hygro

3x 2.5inch tall plant stands

Current Feeding/Watering:

Using 6 part feeding schedule at this time, same as for the last grow. GH Flora Trio, Cali Mag, GH Armor Si, GH Diamond Nectar, and GH Liquid KoolBloom

Using 3/4 strength recommended by GH, except for Cali Mag. Cali Mag dose has been steady at 3ml gallon, which is 0.5 ml above the recommended I think.

I water daily, medium never dries all the way out. This was some advice I got early on that's served me well. Thanks, 420Mag. Also, I have ceased alternating regular PHed water with a dose of nutrients. I feed the plants each time I water, which means that, yes, I do improvise some dosages at times during the course of a week or two based on what I see from the plants. Especially since I'm growing two different strains, and, the Skunk #1s have some differences I can't really explain. Different pheno maybe... ? I'm no expert.

ANYWAY, these plants are in Late Veg. Not very long at all until the flip to 12/12. Kali China is smaller. Took longer to germinate... about 5 days versus about 2 days for the Skunk #1s. And just didn't bust out of the gate like the Skunks. It looks great, though.

All plants were topped. No LST (yet), only some tucking away and some very selective removal of leaves.

Just random thoughts about the strains

Kali China - I have one of these flowering in a bucket of soil right now. And the scent is incredible. I won't be doing a grow on the soil one, because it's just a seed I donated so my g/f could experiment... she did not want to deal with the daily watering, etc with coco and decided to mix up some soil. I think she went with FF Ocean Forest and ProMix HP...?? But, point being, I'm very excited about growing this flower. My friends and family who grow have been on me to pick something interesting from Ace and give it a try, so, Kali China was what I went with.

Skunk #1 - My very first grow included Super Skunk. And I really enjoyed the smoke. It was a seed my dad donated to get me going. Seemed no reason to waste time getting to know this Skunk, too.

If you have questions, please let me know. Photos will be following this post.

:circle-of-love:

re: Stooby's 3rd Coco Run - 2x Skunk #1 & 1x Kali China

1517894191087914469747.jpg
1517893482938.jpg

Kali China on the left, in the booster seat. :thumb:

re: Stooby's 3rd Coco Run - 2x Skunk #1 & 1x Kali China

Subbing for the ride. Looks like you are off to a good start, I'm trying coco for the first time and I'm loving it so far lol. I was a little hesitant to try it cause I was used to growing in soil but I'm glad I did, I can't believe the growth already lol. Hopefully everything goes well for you, good luck...️

Subbing for the ride. Looks like you are off to a good start, I'm trying coco for the first time and I'm loving it so far lol. I was a little hesitant to try it cause I was used to growing in soil but I'm glad I did, I can't believe the growth already lol. Hopefully everything goes well for you, good luck...️
Thanks, ECG. Glad you found your way into my grow. I will check yours out a little later, once I finish some chores. .

Hello, friends and journal. Just wanted to make a few notes to bring everything current here.

The plants have been switched to 11/13 for flowering. Today is the 4th day of their transition to flowering.

Both Skunk #1s were trimmed up yesterday. I took off lots of bigger, lower fan leaves. Some big inner and upper fan leaves came off as well. I also cut lower shoots off the the main stems, removing about the bottom 40% of the plant. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. So, basically, I thinned out my tops and removed lower growth that wasn't and won't get light.

The Kali China wasn't touched, though. The only thing done so far to her was a single topping.

The only training done to any of these so far has been tucking away of bigger fans leaves up top, some readjusting of the main stems by hand to promote better spacing, etc. ***One exception: I did use some soft coated wire to bring a slouching branch upwards and more inside, I just fastened it's stem to the center stem with the wire and now the top is about even with the rest of the canopy.

As for the canopies, the Kali China and one of the Skunk#1s are pretty even and to my liking. The other Skunk#1 hasn't taken as well to my very light training and its canopy is a little lopsided but still workable.

Flowering room setup

-1x Mars Reflector 144
-1X Galaxyhydro 600W
-1X Higrow 600W Optical Lens Series

-1x standard 240CFM duct booster, celing-mounted - exhausts into attic
-2x 6inch 2-speed fans - 1 on the floor and 1 hanging

**Room is lined with reflective duct insulation (the bubble stuff) which I have to say does pretty well for something I just happened to have around.

*Currently watering once daily with nutes until runoff, considering a switch to twice daily. Will note if I do this. I have not been offering regular PHed water this grow. When they get water, they get nutes.

Pictures of the current state of things coming soon. :morenutes:

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom