Stoping Mold with Pen Torch

Was watching Cannabis Common Sense TV show tonight. (9-18-09) The host was talking about stoping mold with a blow torch or pen torch. When she spots mold starting to form she will burn the mold spot with the pen torch. she do not cut it out. Just torch the mold. She said it works great.

I just wanted to run this by the forum and see what you all have to say?

Thinking about it it makes sense for you would not be spreading any mold spors on your buds or scizzers. All the mold spors would be burned on the spot.

So whats your take on this?

This method is new to me so sorry if it a common practice already. I am going to try it for sure if I get any mold starting to form.

Was watching Cannabis Common Sense TV show tonight. (9-18-09) The host was talking about stoping mold with a blow torch or pen torch. When she spots mold starting to form she will burn the mold spot with the pen torch. she do not cut it out. Just torch the mold. She said it works great.

I just wanted to run this by the forum and see what you all have to say?

Thinking about it it makes sense for you would not be spreading any mold spors on your buds or scizzers. All the mold spors would be burned on the spot.

So whats your take on this?

This method is new to me so sorry if it a common practice already. I am going to try it for sure if I get any mold starting to form.

I think it might work if it is a very controllable very small pen torch and the plants are good and healthy plants. moist :surf:

I have been using this method for years now and have never lost a branch....I was really scared to try it, but I also was running out of ways to deal with mold.I tried alot of different things and this was my last straw to grab...and it worked great and easy too...I just cut off the bad buds or whatever and burn the rest with a small torch.Believe me ,I was sceptical when I first thought of such a idea,but in desperation I tried it and it works great. So happy trails,Red

Well it started !!......Gray mold has started where I cut off a funky lookin leaf. (Note to self,Leave bad lookin leaves as they will wilt and fall off all by there self) This time after a burnt the mold I covered the area with Vasiline. My thought is that the vasiline will choke out the mold by cutting off the air....Hey is worth a try....Anyway ,why does some cuts start mold and others do not??? Dumb luck or something else. I have cut back plants with my pocket knife and no problems and have used sterile scissors and had mold ???? Any thoughts,Thanks Red

It's all genetics, man. These days plants are rarely bred to survive harsh conditions like rainy weather, high RH, PM, mold and whatnot, cause breeders are only interested in short flowering time and good calyx to leaf ratio. Good sativas like hazes are usually great strains for such conditions and they rarely catch it.

But don't Sativas take a lot more time to finish up? So far I have been able to keep the mold in check....Time will tell.Thanks for the info,Red

Yes, they do, but rain doesn't do anything for them if genetics is right. That's the whole point!

I'll just have to find the right strain for next year.I really don't like sativas much any more. Some are too much for this old man haha .....Any thoughts on a good strain for up here in the Great NorthWet ??

Do not really know what your climate is like. But if you like indicas, there are loads to choose from. It depends how sedated you want to be and how potent the smoke to be.

Well just a progress report on the mold control using a flame...then cover the burn with Vaseline.Well 2 weeks back I saw some grey/brown mold that started where i had cut off a sucker leaf. I burned off the mold and covered the area with salve and it was fine till yesterday.I noticed a little mold starting back so i ran the flame over it......The mold vanished and the Vaseline liquefied and resealed the whole area....This is a great plan !!! The plant is still strong and shows no sign of stress... So if you are out of ideas on stopping mold give this a try.. PS I am up in Northwest Washington,we get lots of rain...But not this summer !! it was the driest one since 1967. still have to watch for that dang mold... Happy Trails,Red

Back
Top Bottom