Storage?

Quick get them babies planted ;)

Already have lol.

The moisture was the main problem, it allowed mold to start, I'm guessing the little bit of heat from the mold growing kick started them. Not sure though.

I cut the tube open and soaked them in hydrogen peroxide for an hour before I planted them in Coco. 8/27 popped but a few quickly died off. Still have a few above ground so it shouldn't be a total waste. Crazy though, I've had beans in there for a couple years that didn't pop.

I have a huge supply of moisture control packets that came with one order or another. You can find them in all kinds of things.I use them in the bags of seeds I have. I use the crisper in the fridge for my storage.

Pretty sure all the attention the beer was getting caused those seeds to pop. It worked as they are now in dirt LOL.

I have a huge supply of moisture control packets that came with one order or another. You can find them in all kinds of things.I use them in the bags of seeds I have. I use the crisper in the fridge for my storage.

Pretty sure all the attention the beer was getting caused those seeds to pop. It worked as they are now in dirt LOL.

Could have been more clear, it's a repurposed beer fridge. It only stores seeds, not opened except for seed business.

There were three strains stored identically. Only that one did anything weird. Too much moisture.

Room temp has worked well for me so far.

20200211_195548.jpg

My personal stash

I generally freeze my seeds if I plan to germinate them more than a months or so away. Wrap them in clingwrap and put some uncooked rice in the container with them to soak up any moisture. They seem to last indefinitely.

Could have been more clear, it's a repurposed beer fridge. It only stores seeds, not opened except for seed business.

There were three strains stored identically. Only that one did anything weird. Too much moisture.

I was mostly being a smart ass. I think I remember you mentioning this in the past. it got me thinking about making a seed fridge. I have a old wine fridge my father used for his meds. Thought about turning it into just a seed fridge. I don't know that it will stay cold enough. I might have to change something soon. The Crisper is full of seeds LOL.

I was mostly being a smart ass. I think I remember you mentioning this in the past. it got me thinking about making a seed fridge. I have a old wine fridge my father used for his meds. Thought about turning it into just a seed fridge. I don't know that it will stay cold enough. I might have to change something soon. The Crisper is full of seeds LOL.

You can always swap out for a different thermostat if that one is out of range. Some wine chillers are like 50°f .

Mines just a mini fridge with a new thermostat and an added compressor fan. Total cost = free from scrapped units haha.

I wish I had a bigger one to use as a dank fridge for drying/curing.

Back
Top Bottom