Storing Lids?

radman32

When you store pot in glass jars with rubber sealed lids, do u need to replace the lids? I'm just storing it in there, but does the seal wear or become useless after a while of storage?

Re: Storing Lids???

With the mason jars they don't wear out as fast since the lids are 2 peice and the rubber part doesn't "rub" against the rim of the jar wearing it out like a normal store bought sauce jar would. So the seal last a lot longer of not forever with a mason jar.

Re: Storing Lids???

every so often a little bit of pj (petroleum jelly) goes a long way...

if you notice one of your seals starting to dry up

i don't want to be using any petroleum, fuck that, any alternatives? I know that mason jars are better, and they have bigger seals, thanks for confirming that =D

Seal the empty jar up and dunk it under water. If water leaks in the seal is bad.

If needed, I would use vegetable oil over petroleum jelly on the jar seals as it has less of a chance of hurting you if it contacts your buds. :peace:

goody, thx man. the seals on my mason jars are small like sauce jars, but they're canning jars, so are they different??? i know which mason jars ur talking about, the ones were the lids latch on the outside and they have a nice bigger plastic seal(inch wide), i'd guess those are the ABSOLUTE best

Back
Top Bottom