STORMS: Power outages

TheKiller

I don't think this is a big problem, but have a feeling it will happen again, and again this Winter.. No outages at all last Winter, but lost power for 3 days in 2007, due to a widespread storm with winds gusting up wards of 110mph.. that was a freaking cool storm!!

Power went out last evening around midnight(during a 12/12 cycle from 10am to 10pm). Came back on about 7:00am.. I know that light during their sleepy time is bad, but what about dark during their day time??

Local Power co-op has been very good at trimming back all trees that could cause outages down here, but they can't get them all.. we saw the wire hit and the massive spark shower.. very cool.. but.. what if this happens again, and they can't get the power back on for a day or so?

Thanks again all... this is a very valuable resource for the beginner hobbyist such as myself!

When the power goes out you always risk stressing the plants and of course if you're doing hydro you're really in trouble. But I occasionally have the power go out here in the winter and if its just one night then the plants seem to do fine. Just reset the timers to get back on track. A generator is the best bet but I still haven't got one either.

Yep weed, I have been considering a generator.. but really if power only fails once, twice a Winter is it really a big deal..?

I kinda like the quiet when it fails...just to popping of the wood in the fireplace. ;)

Might start looking , just to have one handy if it blinks off longer than a few hours...

Yup, it's the only variable we indoor growers don't have control over, and the most important. I live in an area prone to outages that have lasted for days on several occasions. But at least I'm able to move mine near a window, think I'd buy a generator I was doing hydro.

Good luck to us all.

Back
Top Bottom