Story behind 4:20

jessicavnr

4:20

First, there is no police code "420". There are no police codes referring to any particular drug, marijuana included. It's time to bury this myth.

4:20 was the designated time for a small group of smokers at San Rafael High School in California to meet at a specific location and light up. The number originates some time around 1971. It has since been adopted by smokers the world over as the "universal time to get high."

4:20 is The "official time" to smoke it up...
The original story:
A small group of kids in high school used to meet up everyday after school at 4:20 and smoke on the hill. One day on April 20th, at 4:20 they were all like "woa...it's 4:20, and 4/20- we should make this celebration official" the celebration spread and now 4/20 is an amazing day to get blazed thanks to a group of high school kids from norcal from the 70's
dude...it's 4/20...let's get blazed

4:20 originated in San Rafael. What happened was, a group of guys who went to San Rafael High School in 1971 would smoke weed at the Louis Pasteur statue at San Rafael High School, and every time they did this they would do it at 4:20 PM. They would later come up with the term "Louis 4:20" to use when on the phone around their parents or near authoritative figures. It would later become a world wide phenomenon were stoners would smoke up on April 20 (4/20) at 4:20 AM/PM (depends on how early you wake up). Lastly, 4:20 is not a police code for pot or any other drug.
"Dude, let's get blazed at 4:20 AM and PM man!"

On April 20th all the potheads around the world light up and get baked at 4:20 pm.

Happy 4:20 everyone:partyboy:
:woohoo:
roll it up
light it up
smoke it up
:rollit:

I've heard lots of explanations on the origin of 420, but this is my pick.

Word travels fast.Think about one small circle starting this, and then spreading out the circle bigger and bigger.

Just like legalizing cannabis.

The origins of "420"

This story pre-dates the highschool kids story, and seems a little bit more legit, being documented and all.

One thing that really upsets me is people who associate 4/20 with the nazi leader Adolf Hitler's birthday.

I don't care what your belief is of Nazism or Hitler, the MARIJUANA holiday 4/20 was not created to commemorate him in any way!

This association only leads to more negativity and propaganda from anti-marijuana lobbyists.

One thing that really upsets me is people who associate 4/20 with the nazi leader Adolf Hitler's birthday.

I don't care what your belief is of Nazism or Hitler, the MARIJUANA holiday 4/20 was not created to commemorate him in any way!

This association only leads to more negativity and propaganda from anti-marijuana lobbyists.

I agree with you alex.

Back
Top Bottom