Strain for autism

Good morning - I was wondering if anyone knew a strain for helping with autism for my grandson who is almost 4. We do have a recommendation for him

Are you looking to grow your own med's for him?

There has been very positive results in treating childhood autism using CBD oil and, if you like, I can PM you some articles & research on this. Because of the young age, I would certainly look for a strain like Charlottes Web, that has virtually NO THC. And, since CBD oil is legal and easily available, you may want to try/test some pure CBD (which will have no THC) to see how he reacts.

The CBD oil I typically recommend (I am NOT a doctor!) is the Herbal Remedies either Gold Label (more potent), or Blue Label (should be fine for him!), CBD Oil which you can purchase online.

Best wishes for positive results! :goodluck:

:Namaste:

K

Good morning - I was wondering if anyone knew a strain for helping with autism for my grandson who is almost 4. We do have a recommendation for him

I have been researching different CBD products for my daily wellness. I don't know if there is a specific strain for autism as long as the CBD potency is 10mg, 20mg, 40mg or more per dropper. Clinical trials you may read online may have high dosages, such as, 100mg per dose x 1000mg per day. I have also read that the CBD content is more beneficial at lower doses. I read an article by ConsumerLab (well known watchdog) that tested the CBD content in 10 different popular tinctures; and Charlette's Web Hemp Company and BlueBird Botanicals Company best accurately label the potency on the bottles. In the reviews on the BlueBird Company website; the BlueBird concentrated tincures are not as bitter compared to the Charlette Web's concentrates. The BlueBird Company may give you a better price per dosage mg/mL. Some companies post CBD lab reports on their website, and some may be legit; but, its been said hemp companies can bribe the labs into a more beneficial report.

thank you for the information - we were considering Charlotte's web but we thought that it was more for the seizures. I think that we are missing the point that any CBD, CBDG, or THC oil is better then none especially when your dealing with an autistic child whose systems worsen the older they get.

thank you for the information - we were considering Charlotte's web but we thought that it was more for the seizures. I think that we are missing the point that any CBD, CBDG, or THC oil is better then none especially when your dealing with an autistic child whose systems worsen the older they get.

EXACTLY! :thumb:

As long as the THC is THC-A, which is non-psychoactive. The THC-Delta-9 is psychoactive, so you want minimal amounts, if any.

I'd get him on some CBD oil ASAP to see if it has any effect. Either way, you can use it as a "baseline" and test other brands/strains/mixes to see if you can improve the results. Pure CBD should have no adverse effects. In an absolute worst case, it just won't help.

Doing some google research on the Endocannabinoid system we can see CBD helps regulate and control many diseases not just mask the symptoms. Most cannabinoid receptors can be found in the brain and so it may have the potential to greatly enhance mental health.

Whatever brand is choosen; be sure to order directly through their official company website. Buyer beware of similar products on Amazon and other 3rd party resalers.

Full Spectrum CBD Oils may contain "trace" amounts of THC or other therapeutic compounds. Full Spectrum CBD tinctures may be more effective than straight CBD only oils. When all the compounds work together in synergy it is nicknamed the "Entourage Effect".

The ratio of CBD to THC may effect the amount of "high". A ratio of 1:1 or more of CBC:THC will not have the unwanted side effects of high THC products. No "high" is felt as long as CBD is equal to or greater than the percentage of THC. There is little or no the THC side effects in most Full Spectrum CBD tinctures because it as so little THC.

If you want to learn more about the endocannaboid system check out the following link:
mechoulamthescientist.com

And directly from nih.gov:
The Endocannabinoid System as an Emerging Target of Pharmacotherapy

Here's another link to read:
Study: With CBD, 80% of Children With Autism Saw Improvement

Note: Some people may experience a lower blood pressure and/or sedation side-effects when taking large doses of CBD or THC; so be sure to ask the mmj friendly doctor about correct CBD dosage and any drug interactions with current medications.

Good luck! And I hope you find a solution that works well.

EXACTLY! :thumb:

As long as the THC is THC-A, which is non-psychoactive. The THC-Delta-9 is psychoactive, so you want minimal amounts, if any.

I'd get him on some CBD oil ASAP to see if it has any effect. Either way, you can use it as a "baseline" and test other brands/strains/mixes to see if you can improve the results. Pure CBD should have no adverse effects. In an absolute worst case, it just won't help.[
Doing some google research on the Endocannabinoid system we can see CBD helps regulate and control many diseases not just mask the symptoms. Most cannabinoid receptors can be found in the brain and so it may have the potential to greatly enhance mental health.

Whatever brand is choosen; be sure to order directly through their official company website. Buyer beware of similar products on Amazon and other 3rd party resalers.

Full Spectrum CBD Oils may contain "trace" amounts of THC or other therapeutic compounds. Full Spectrum CBD tinctures may be more effective than straight CBD only oils. When all the compounds work together in synergy it is nicknamed the "Entourage Effect".

The ratio of CBD to THC may effect the amount of "high". A ratio of 1:1 or more of CBC:THC will not have the unwanted side effects of high THC products. No "high" is felt as long as CBD is equal to or greater than the percentage of THC. There is little or no the THC side effects in most Full Spectrum CBD tinctures because it as so little THC.

If you want to learn more about the endocannaboid system check out the following link:
mechoulamthescientist.com

And directly from nih.gov:
The Endocannabinoid System as an Emerging Target of Pharmacotherapy

Here's another link to read:
Study: With CBD, 80% of Children With Autism Saw Improvement

Note: Some people may experience a lower blood pressure and/or sedation side-effects when taking large doses of CBD or THC; so be sure to ask the mmj friendly doctor about correct CBD dosage and any drug interactions with current medications.

Good luck! And I hope you find a solution that works well.[/QUOTE

]thank you for all this great information - we will definitely check all of the information you provided out. Thanks again!

thank you for all this great information - we will definitely check it all out.

it may be a smart idea to start with a low dosage; and, then go up in small increments until the right target is found..

For best results; a micro-dose (5mg CBD) of concentrate (3 drops) for "extra strength" or (2 drops) for "original formula", or (1 squirt - 1/2 mL) of the non-concentrated "full strength" under tongue for 1 minute may take up to 2 to 10 minutes. If it is directly infused in drink or prepared into food it may be absorbed a bit slower, and the peak therapeutic benefits may take 30 minutes or more.

The concentrates are going to taste more hempy than the dilluted non-concentrated "full strength" oil.

Full Strength: 10mg per squirt (1 squirt - 1/2 mL)
Extra Strength: 25mg per squirt (3 drops)
Original Formula: 43mg per squirt (2 drops)

Just wanted to say I support your efforts. I wish this option was available to mine when they were younger. I hope things are going well.

Well, pal I feel you here, choosing the right strain for any purpose is a pain, as the condition is severe, Black Bubba and Blue Dream can both help in this condition, I believe.

White Russian is another that is good for autism.

I just PM'd you a bunch of articles! I hope they help! :nomo:

Hello Mr. Krip, I am also looking for information regarding CBD and childhood autism. I couldn’t figure out how to PM you, but if you still have that info I would greatly appreciate if you could shoot that to me.

Love your grows as well.

Thanks

Hello Mr. Krip, I am also looking for information regarding CBD and childhood autism. I couldn’t figure out how to PM you, but if you still have that info I would greatly appreciate if you could shoot that to me.

Love your grows as well.

Thanks
Sure, and no reason to withhold it from the thread. Here is the info:

You'll see some of the leading research being done in Israel:

Marijuana may be a miracle treatment for children with autism

Cannabis for Pediatric Autism

Study: Cannabis oil 80% successful in helping autistic children

Is marijuana the world’s most effective treatment for autism?

Medical marijuana: effects on pediatric patients with autism and the developing brain

What Happened When They Treated Autistic Children With Medical Cannabis

CHOP enters partnership for pediatric study on medical marijuana and autism

A Practical Approach to Cannabis ASD Therapy

How Backyard Pot Farming Is Helping Kids With Autism - The Atlantic

There's a lot more out there, but the above should at least give some hope that there's some possible help available!
:goodluck:

What exactly do you all mean when you say “good for autism”? As in helping them deal with sensory overload? Or as in you’re trying to treat those on the spectrum?

Back
Top Bottom