Strain info

wanabegrower

i recently sprouted a few seeds and was looking to get any feed back on what to maybe look out for, are they heavy or light feeders, how much do they stretch what to look out for and such.
strains are: Pineapple Express, White Russian, Skywalker, Granddaddy blueberry, and (tragic x green crack)

I sprouted in 2" plastic pots with home made seed starter mix.
all sprouted the 26th of April
was going to transplant to 4" pot next with a stronger soil mix then finish in 3 gallon smart pots. or should i just go to the 3 gallons and skip the 4" pot?

working on getting pics up.

thanks

20170503_104547.jpg
20170502_134543.jpg
20170502_134535.jpg
20170502_134550.jpg

Light is too far away, they are stretching and falling over. This will cause problems if not tackled right now!

Conradino23 beat the shit out of that nail(ie. hit the nail on the head). light-sol-free energy from above. Go directly to their final pot

if you can, every time you transplant you shock them so just give them a good home as soon as possible & worry about other stuff.

bro. what you are doing is great and works very well. saying that for me, the way I prefer is to plant in the pot you want to
finish in. I know lots of people can't do that because of space, $$, etc and however one does it is fine with me, I do it like
that because it works for me and I am a lazy person.

Just a little info that might help. Most plant growth comes after a plants roots have spread to the sides and bottom of their container. I repot once if I'm into 2 gallon pots and repot twice when I go to 3 gallon. There is less chance of the soil souring while a plants goes from a starter cups to 3 gallon. I don't use 3 gallon pots as much anymore. It takes longer to take advantage of the bigger pot and the longer veg time also creates height issues. I have found that the best plants have filled their pots with roots to the point of root bound when they finish.
On price issues. If you are growing in 3 gallon pots it will take the same amount of soil no matter how many times you repot. The only cost issues is more time and electricity. Also if the pots are not filled with roots at the end then you have wasted soil. That is the reason I grow mostly in 2 gallon pots.

Just a little info that might help. Most plant growth comes after a plants roots have spread to the sides and bottom of their container. I repot once if I'm into 2 gallon pots and repot twice when I go to 3 gallon. There is less chance of the soil souring while a plants goes from a starter cups to 3 gallon. I don't use 3 gallon pots as much anymore. It takes longer to take advantage of the bigger pot and the longer veg time also creates height issues. I have found that the best plants have filled their pots with roots to the point of root bound when they finish.
On price issues. If you are growing in 3 gallon pots it will take the same amount of soil no matter how many times you repot. The only cost issues is more time and electricity. Also if the pots are not filled with roots at the end then you have wasted soil. That is the reason I grow mostly in 2 gallon pots.

sounds like a bunch of misinformation to me. some of it may be marginally correct BUT I do not believe the main idea.

The way I do things and the reasons I do them would not be misinformation. Now if I said that all these people at 420 knew what they were talking about. THAT would be misinformation.

I germinate seeds in 3" peat pots warmed by an underlaying seed starter (these I highly recommend even in my benign San Diego climate.) When the sprout 1st shows they are placed under lighting from above (mine's made by FEIT, available at Home Depot.) Position the lighting fairly close or the plants will stretch too much in which case propping with a bit of soil can combat a collapse. Adjust your lighting. After a couple of weeks under this regime they are ready for planting. Transplant into a large container, or directly into the ground, as stated above an intermediate stage into slightly larger pots disrupts without fostering growth. My remarks relate to an inside start to an outside grow.

The research you do before your grow provides a background to sort thru this forum advice, a lot of which is useful but you gotta separate grain from chaff. I started with Ed Rosenthal's Grower's Guide and went from there. I would never trash a person who describes his/her approach in this forum tho politely correcting misconceptions come I think with participation here. The purpose is to help not score points or self defense.

Well said Oldgrowth. I also started with Ed Rosenthal grow books and years of " Ask Ed " from his high times stint as grow adviser. Jorge Also has a couple good books.

Wannabe grower. LMAO. Only strain I have grown out of what you have is the White Russian. Its pretty easy to grow and has great plant structure. 1 of my top strains of all time is a White Russian X Super Silver Haze cross. So it has value as its own strain and for breeding. Its one of the great powerhouse's of all time. I'm pretty sure it was one of the first to record 20+ present of THC content.

Back
Top Bottom