Strain to finish in the cold wet Fall on Vancouver Island

PacificNorthWest

Hi guys,

I grew some great pot last year with the help of this community...and now I'm getting ready for the 2020 season. I had a mixed indica outdoor journal that faded away because of life-work commitments, and I thank everyone who gave input that helped my success. The plants grew great in the spring and summer, but when the wet fall arrived, my blueberry & cream caramel became infected with botrytis and they couldn't go the distance. Even though we lost 1/3rd of it by cutting it away or it just dying, the remaining stuff smokes pretty good. Anyway...

I would like some input from the community on what are a few good strains that will go the distance in a wet/rainy/cold Vancouver island September/October.

I've read the articles, and I've got a few on the short list (Durban poison, Brazil Amazonia, Frisian Dew, Super Silver Haze, Northern Lights)...but I thought I'd reach out to someone who has experience finishing with big buds in October on this wet ass island.

I know sativa's are more likely to enjoy finishing in the rain, but Indica / Sativa is not a big issue for me...high THC content is.

Any input from experienced growers around here would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
PNW

Have you considered autoflowering plants? Start them indoors, and move them outside to finish before the rainy season. I face the same problem for outdoor grows here on the east coast. I haven't grown outdoors yet, but this is the plan for next year.

I was hoping to grow some monsters. And Auto-flowers...well...auto flower. I want to start these seeds in January in my tent...and move them outside in April / May to give them a big head-start. I will grow auto's in my basement tent, but I want some big regular's in the backyard.

Ok...Now I'm torn. So many great mold resistant strains to choose from now. Just discovered Pinewarp (a cross between Pineberry and Timewarp).

Leaning towards a timewarp strain is it is advertised as NATIVE TO THE VANCOUVER ISLANDS!!

Back
Top Bottom