Strains For Brains - A Brain Patient's Perspective

That is much clearer but makes me ask another question. Why can't suppositories be used for NDD? Is there something about being processed by the liver that makes the cannabinoids more accessible to the brain?

Hi shed, I could be wrong but I thought suppositories were non-psycho active which suggests the cannabinoids don't get accessed by the brain at all... I'm fuzzzzy atm so maybe that's hogwash .

Great question, the body absorbs most of the cannabinoids before it hit the brains. So when dosing capsules or dropper oil orally, sublingually, you are getting more Cannabinoids and faster to the brain. Also, more control over dosage orally and amount of time it probably takes, versus suppositories can take up to 3hours to feel LITTLE or NONE of the euphoria. But it's a must do if you are treating multiple medical conditions and specifically cancer.

Also, another thing I didn't add but I learned. I'm going to start dosing oil by placing bandaids over my wrists and top of my spine. Adding 2 additional sources of medicine to my body to step up my healing. I feel like I'm stabilized but there are new symptoms, so my instinct says to do more experiments which I will report on as well. Why not eh?

EDIT: AMY you are right too, ding ding ding

Hi shed, I could be wrong but I thought suppositories were non-psycho active which suggests the cannabinoids don’t get accessed by the brain at all... I’m fuzzzzy atm so maybe that’s hogwash .

I should probably ask that question in the Oil Study Hall thread. I thought the difference was whether the THC was converted into delta 11 something or other which was the euphoric element.

I found this at What You Need to Know About Using Cannabis Suppositories - Health | MERRY JANE
Why don’t cannabis suppositories give you a head high?
When administered rectally, the plant medicine directly enters the bloodstream through the cell walls and goes directly into the body, which is quickly distributed through the vascular system. It is a direct application to the bloodstream, bypassing the liver. The liver is a key to getting high. THC travels through the liver to the brain to induce a head high. When smoked, it travels through the lungs to the villi, then on to the liver. When taking it orally, it makes its way to the liver through digestion. This method takes the longest because of the digestive process and the amount of travel it takes to get to the brain. In the brain, THC interacts with nerve receptors, causing euphoria. The bottom line: Cannabis suppositories allow for larger doses of plant medicine without the head high versus smoking and ingesting orally.

So it is Sunday morning January 14th 2018 and I am going to start my capsules with my brain strain medicine.
I have set it up that the only treatment from the hospital is my brain radiation. This will start Monday 15th for five straight days. After that I will be radiation and chemo free for at least 30 days. This way we can really see the effects the brain medicine will have. I'm very excited as I have been added to this team of amazing individuals. I will be travelling to Atlanta to visit my twin sisters. This will give me some down time and allow me to really focus on my healing.
Day 1 of radiation......good luck today hun. Be good to yourself, I know you hear your body.

Theres our girl......did we mention we missed you during your week off!?
Theirs those crazy dosing calculations again......and I'm a math guy lol. Thank GOD you guys know how they work lol.

I also noticed too that you've explained the dosing schedule......even for me it's easy to follow......duhhh....lol.

So why the Mediterranean diet? Brain food?

Keys to the healing sister. Loved learning about your time off to heal. I'm honoured to be a part of your journey. I've never met a stronger more deserving and more determined person.

*Caregivers need to be taken of too. At the most important time. You deserve it Z.

High Lady G2,

I have much patience, no patients. Retired.

Actually, I'm looking forward to your Cannabis for the Brain protocol. I hope I don't fall off the pedestal. I have a heads down and keep on keeping on approach. Persistence and perseverance. Not much fanfare, lol.

*I try not to put people on pedestals anymore, but it's so hard not to when you really admire people. It's just sometimes people come into my life and they spark something in me and I appreciate that because I'm so impressionable. Thank you for asking to see my Protocol 2.0 because I've been working on it since August 2017 when the 1.0 version came out shorter after. But this version is waaaay better.

I should probably ask that question in the Oil Study Hall thread. I thought the difference was whether the THC was converted into delta 11 something or other which was the euphoric element.

I found this at What You Need to Know About Using Cannabis Suppositories - Health | MERRY JANE

*Hey ITS, if it is because of Delta 9 then please let me know. Thanks so much for the research, REPS for helping me sooo much. Double checking my work actually calms me down because I make so many mistakes, it's hard to catch them at the pace that I am writing. BIG HUG :hug:

Day 1 of radiation......good luck today hun. Be good to yourself, I know you hear your body.

*Good luck Z, I know you can do it. I can't tell you how relieved I was to hear about your healing schedule. :) Have a great time in Atlanta, focus on being there as you are.

Theres our girl......did we mention we missed you during your week off!?
Theirs those crazy dosing calculations again......and I'm a math guy lol. Thank GOD you guys know how they work lol.

I also noticed too that you've explained the dosing schedule......even for me it's easy to follow......duhhh....lol.

So why the Mediterranean diet? Brain food?

*HAHAHAHAHA yah they are pretty crazy, I don't even have a full grasp of it, I am still learning and correcting myself even moreso now that math is involved. If they only used the terms 420 in high school I would have aced that math class.

*Mediterranean diet consists of OILS, vegetables, super foods, use of whole plants, well balanced, and contains the terpenes that is recommended for Neuro Genesis. I wrote out the terpenes in the protocol, so you can even look for those in your strain choices. Shark Shock CBD has garlic undertones, who would have thought a strain would have a mediterranean pallatte? Yes, contains the most brain foods in one group of food choices. :)

*Guy, I'm glad you could understand the dosing schedule with notes on Euphoria. As you can read, your questions are answered in more detail. I was already working on them when you asked for them. I am usually working on 5 research papers at a time every day. :)

Howdy folks! I'm back with a response from SweetSue over on the Cannabis Oil Study Hall. My interest in the subject of suppositories for brain health is that I intended to use them for that reason alone. I'm not looking for the euphoria or the high or the mood alteration that cannabis provides when metabolized by the liver, but I am interested in brain health.

While I understand that high CBD/low THC strains have little effect on mood, I was looking to bypass that completely using suppositories, so when I read G2 and Amy G saying that they believed that suppositories were less useful for brain health, I felt like I needed more research. As the scientific community is far behind on the subject (and in the US is prevented from studying it), we have any number of members on this site who have done research on their own (including G2) and experience with other patients, so I went looking for answers from them.

This is SweetSue's reply:
As to the question of suppositories being effective for brain treatment, I offer KR's latest thoughts on the subject, pulled from Cajun's thread.

Originally posted by KingstonRabbi: "Second, I would take most of the cannabis oil as suppositories, mixed as biobombs. Gelcaps work very well as suppositories. This method has the high bioavailability an bypasses the liver so it can't metabolize THC. Some will still get to liver on 2nd pass through circulatory system, but competitive inhibition will continue to help here. It may seem odd to use a dosing method that's about as far from the brain as can be, but fact is that any medicine will have to travel in blood to get to brain. Properly inserted it will travel straight to heart, to the lungs and back, and then back out to body still untouched by liver, and much of that blood goes to the brain, so suppositories will still work well for your brother."

It's a common mistake to confuse lack of psychoactivity with effectiveness of THC once it's into the system. Over at Cajun's thread we're always telling people that our expectation, if you're dosing correctly and using methods of competitive inhibition, is that you won't be feeling intense psychoactivity. All cannabis is psychoactive. THC is simply moreso.

We simply have no firm data on what phytocannabinoids are doing in the body. I personally try to avoid making any limiting statements when I speak of the actions of the ECS and cannabinoid therapies. I believe much of the effectiveness of the regimen lies in the belief that it's going to work. Until I have evidence to the contrary I'm going with the successes we've documented in our own numbers to guide me.

I just wanted to pass that along so that those hoping to use suppositories to administer the cannabis to their systems in order to heal their brains still have hope that it will work!

Thanks G2 for the forum to have this discussion!

High Lady G2,

I applaud your efforts with such a complete instruction manual for treating Alzheiimers. Magnificent job! I learned some things, too. For instance I didn't put it together about the apprehension. I saw alot of that. I was thinking through the whole read about using Indica. You nailed that for sure. I think I'll go back and copy&paste to notepad to have a copy. I also thought - Sounds like most of the protocol is based on personal experience, mingled with professional opinions and research on a daily basis. Amazing position - to write a Cannabis-Alzheimers protocol as an Alzheimers patient. Can't refute your testimony to cannabis treatments!!

There is so much I wanted to say, but the protocol page is on page 12, so I'll read it again tomorrow and generate some more supportive comments tomorrow night.

You know, I'm really liking your courage, and willingness to fight this horrible disease! Your story is one for the tabloids, but being a part of your treatment process, and sharing so much love to those concerned is really heartwarming. And for that, I thank you!!

, so when I read G2 and Amy G saying that they believed that suppositories were less useful for brain health, I felt like I needed more research.

I just have to do this, sorry - I never actually said that I believed that. G suggested it in her protocol, and you asked her why, and I speculated about why she would suggest that. I don't know anywhere near enough about this to have that belief or to state it. PLease don't think i'm being snippy - I just don't want a statement attributed to me that I didn't make, and wouldn't make without doing a lot more research .

I will in the future highlight speculative comments more clearly ..

Howdy folks! I'm back with a response from SweetSue over on the Cannabis Oil Study Hall. My interest in the subject of suppositories for brain health is that I intended to use them for that reason alone. I'm not looking for the euphoria or the high or the mood alteration that cannabis provides when metabolized by the liver, but I am interested in brain health.

While I understand that high CBD/low THC strains have little effect on mood, I was looking to bypass that completely using suppositories, so when I read G2 and Amy G saying that they believed that suppositories were less useful for brain health, I felt like I needed more research. As the scientific community is far behind on the subject (and in the US is prevented from studying it), we have any number of members on this site who have done research on their own (including G2) and experience with other patients, so I went looking for answers from them.

This is SweetSue's reply:

I just wanted to pass that along so that those hoping to use suppositories to administer the cannabis to their systems in order to heal their brains still have hope that it will work!

Thanks G2 for the forum to have this discussion!

*Again, your commitment to seeking out amendments to my postings is so helpful to me. Thank you for correcting me:) . I will amend my next protocol to include this for sure because it's important. Now I just wanted to also point out that my guideline was for a Neurodegenerative disease specifically, I recommended it for overall and for cancer. I'm going to do more research into the context of what the nurse said when I heard this recommendation. Very exciting, MORE research...lol.

I understand it's has major benefits for brain health, it's not the primary recommended way of treating ALZ though. YET, it's the number one way to treat any Cancer. What I need to remember for next time is to seperate "brain health & brain cancer" suppository recommendations and "Neurodegenerative" recommendations because the approach is different in the END. hahahahaha

High Lady G2,

I applaud your efforts with such a complete instruction manual for treating Alzheiimers. Magnificent job! I learned some things, too. For instance I didn't put it together about the apprehension. I saw alot of that. I was thinking through the whole read about using Indica. You nailed that for sure. I think I'll go back and copy&paste to notepad to have a copy. I also thought - Sounds like most of the protocol is based on personal experience, mingled with professional opinions and research on a daily basis. Amazing position - to write a Cannabis-Alzheimers protocol as an Alzheimers patient. Can't refute your testimony to cannabis treatments!!

There is so much I wanted to say, but the protocol page is on page 12, so I'll read it again tomorrow and generate some more supportive comments tomorrow night.

You know, I'm really liking your courage, and willingness to fight this horrible disease! Your story is one for the tabloids, but being a part of your treatment process, and sharing so much love to those concerned is really heartwarming. And for that, I thank you!!

*Thank you kindly, what a purge that was. You are right about everything. I take what the doctors say, what the studies say, what my instinct says, what my research says, and what my intuition says. This "mock" protocol if you can call it that, is not medical, it's almost like a practicum. Thank you so much for your comments and time to dissect. There is no rush for feedback. In fact, you are in a unique position to review this protocol from a completely perspective from mine, which is invaluable given your experience.

*BTW, I didn't understand the part about apprehension, sorry but can you explain further?

*I gave you my all from my perspective in hopes you think it would be helpful to other ALZ patients for treatment? It was my vision to provide a patient's perspective on what is working for me. And what evidence is out there to back up my experience. Gather everything that I have found useful and put it into one spot. If the government doesn't want to pay for studies to be done, then I will do it on myself and share the information to other patients that might otherwise die because of politics.

*I feel like I'm climbing up a mountain, but it's not impossible to uncover the truths about Cannabis. In essence, every day people die from brain disease, WHY? I would rather dedicate my brain to Cannabis Science than to feel sorry for myself. I kinda feel, if I can get this far with this brain, it's got to create a ripple effect of healing for others to benefit from. Sorry I rambled, don't get me started...hahahaha

*I gotta say I'm open to improving this manual to saving my life. It's so personal and makes me vulnerable to tabloids and haters, I just can't stop, it's keeping me alive, so this train is not stopping, it's going as far as it has fuel for. Precious oil...

*BIG MASSIVE HUG :hug: I'm gonna rest my brain, I got recipe's to work on next. I got nothing but love for saving lives. It's heartwarming to feel useful again. I'm living in joy right now, I'm in the moment, and I'm loving every minute of it. Thank you for inspiring me to continue and for not ripping my protocol apart as a doctor would. :)

The protocol is developing nicely. Your thinking on suppositories is a little flawed, but that's understandable. It's not a dosing strategy many warm up to, and we'll go out of our way sometimes to find reasons to avoid this marvelous pathway to healing. :laughtwo:

The true value of the suppositories is the ability to get more cannabinoids into the system, mostly THC, without dealing with overwhelming euphoria. They're an effective method for any systemic condition you're treating. When they form the base meds in a regimen other pathways are used for breakthrough symptoms. They remove the fear of overdosing THC.

Having said that, it's not the most comfortable method of dosing, by any means, and what you're really looking for with a brain patient is micro dosing. So here you got it right Lady G. Small doses, spread over the day, and coming in consistently. Clinical data suggest that with Alzheimer's you can get positive results with as little as 5-10 mg of THC and CBD twice a day. What we're interested in here is more than simple positive results, aren't we? :battingeyelashes: We're hoping to spur neurogenesis. I'm thinking that may take a few more cannabinoids. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Many elderly brain patients have multiple conditions that require attention, so I can see the value in including at least one suppository dose into a regimen, if the patient is receptive. With someone confused I'd look for another pathway.

Incidentally, Lady G, the class I watched the other day had a surprising stayement by the instructor. She's a nurse practitioner with geriatric patients in a retirement community, and over the years she's reached the conclusion that sublingual doses aren't being utilized the way everyone thinks they are, and most patients are swallowing more than is believed. All that holding in the mouth for up to 20 minutes is just discomfort we don't need to be subjecting ourselves to. Because of her experience she now prefers capsules over tinctures. Sprays are another matter altogether.

There's always something new to learn.

On your protocol, I'd suggest you find a way to make the steps clearer. It took me a minute to figure out you meant the daily dosing schedules for a week -day 1 > day 2 > ...etc. :laughtwo: Sometimes my brain shorts out too. A brief explanation in the dosing intro would clear it up.

Thanks for stopping by, that was a very fair review. I accept your recommendations with open arms and smiles...:thanks:

In fact, next time I will include a section on various ways you can dose for overall brain health and brain cancer, I still would not recommend suppositories as the primary way to treat ALZ or any Neurodegenerative disease. I was specific when I wrote the guideline for NDD - Neurodegeneration because I know of the benefits of suppositories for methods to treat the brain. I recommended suppositories for overall health and fighting cancer of any kind. Always on the learning edge I am.
Thanks for filling in the GAP...hahahahaha stop it brain! hahahaha:Namaste:

Back to the textbooks I guess...GREAT DISCUSSION EVERYONE - this is why I love you guys. Keep the feedback coming!

Thanks SweetSue

I laugh more over here than anywhere else. :laughtwo:

I just have to do this, sorry - I never actually said that I believed that. G suggested it in her protocol, and you asked her why, and I speculated about why she would suggest that. I don’t know anywhere near enough about this to have that belief or to state it. PLease don’t think i’m being snippy - I just don’t want a statement attributed to me that I didn’t make, and wouldn’t make without doing a lot more research .
I will in the future highlight speculative comments more clearly ..

And I hope I'm not being snippy in replying!

I'm really sorry Amy. I didn't mean to misquote you. When you said: "I could be wrong but I thought suppositories were non-psycho active which suggests the cannabinoids don’t get accessed by the brain at all," I thought I was safe saying that you believed that to be true (pending refutation like everything else). It was the "which suggests" in your post that made me think that was your opinion.

:Namaste:

Just want to encourage anyone else to please critique, comment and examine this with your fresh pair of eyes, allow me to pick your brain.

I have received such promising comments and recommendations, I just would like to share what I have learned from y'all.

1. I think the loudest message I have received from all of you helpful beings is that you want MORE research to be done. There is an octopus of ways we can approach Neuro Cannabis. Before it was barely a subject, today we are FORAGING for answers because we know they exist. We CULTIVATE ideas when we can brainstorm freely, but with the passion to break down barriers and reprogram everyone's brain to use Cannabis overall, period. I thank all of you for contributing to my/OUR mission.

2. I got flaws in my bioavailability class, but my "cause" could heal the mass. hahahaha poetry just flows when I'm happy.

3. I should be more specific with the next protocol. I think I need to EDIT EDIT EDIT down my paper to individual brain ailments right down to an everyday maintenance plan. I think maybe I tried to cover too much of a broad subject of Neuro Cannabis. Instead of one big paper, I can now breakdown and specify dosing recommendations for various brain cases because now we have more people to provide input. This is progress in my eyes.

4. I think when I started writing this, it was just about me. But now that we have the awesome discussion group, we can now apply everyone's knowledge and expand our brain research coverage. For example, I can write one for my diagnosis, now we have Guy & Z for brain cancer, now we have ITS for maintenance plan, now we have SweetSue for highest tolerance known to women and to provide expert knowledge :), now we have so many more participants and perspectives, it's time BRANCH out and be more definitive.

There are no bad ideas, bad comments, because we are doing the dirty work, honouring all the patients who sacrificed, it pleases me to keep pushing the boundaries, no matter what happens, we never stop.

K, I'm outty, I have a bouncy castle in my mind to attend. It's calling me. Much love everyone!

And I hope I'm not being snippy in replying!

I'm really sorry Amy. I didn't mean to misquote you. When you said: "I could be wrong but I thought suppositories were non-psycho active which suggests the cannabinoids don’t get accessed by the brain at all," I thought I was safe saying that you believed that to be true (pending refutation like everything else). It was the "which suggests" in your post that made me think that was your opinion.

:Namaste:

*I take full responsibility for this...it was my bad...my misinformation. Not Amy, just me, just my broken brain speaking before researching. no bueno, I have put my brain into detention, only rice cakes and green juice tonight. hahaha :)

Okay, let's do movie paradies, Singing in the Brain...Romancing the Brain...Raiders of the Lost Brain...Brainfest at Tiffany's...Risky Brainness...Brainman...okay, now I'm gone...

This is fantastic work there G2HM, Sweet Sue, Amy, ITS, Bode and everyone that contributes to the discussion and experimentation on this thread.

I think the main thing to take from here is that with Neurological conditions they are very much an individual morphology.

Each person will, without doubt, have slightly differing challenges with their specific conditions.

What you have created here my soul sista is the Brain Lab ...

Already we have an amazing wealth of valuable information and testimonials from so many brave neuro warriors.

This will continue to grow everyday, and like you say my soul sista, we will learn from every post on here.

Brainiacs building better lives ...

Back
Top Bottom