Strains for pains: what's worked for you?

TMJmedical

Hey 420,

Forgive my lazyness. It's 3 A.M I'm going to do more research tomorrow. But thought I'd construct a thread as extra means.

I'm brand new and looking to home grow for my fiancée, we're both 24.

She was diagnosed 3 years ago with Rheumatoid Arthritis and then Fibromyalgia. She suffers with headaches too.

RA is a auto immune disease causing inflammation to the joint along with sever fatigued.

So we're hoping for a good 'get up and go' Sativa strain with pain reduction properties.

Im looking for auto strain recommendations. Not sure why I'm sticking to Autos... Suppose because I'm new they seem a bit more lenient.

So far I've read up on Harlequin... Not sure if that's an auto though, along with Charlotte's web... But told I wouldn't get my hands on seeds anymore really.

TIA

Hey TMJ. I nearly moved house recently so I could live in a country where I can legally buy seeds of a strain called ‘Remedy’. Worth a google.
Here’s an on-site link might be up your street:
Only one auto on there but the rest are feminised so ought to be hassle free.
:high-five:

Hey TMJ. I nearly moved house recently so I could live in a country where I can legally buy seeds of a strain called ‘Remedy’. Worth a google.
Here’s an on-site link might be up your street:
Only one auto on there but the rest are feminised so ought to be hassle free.
:high-five:

Thanks for a reply. I'll make sure to check it out first thing in the morning. How's that strain been for you so far?

Yeah nah. Still growing out my first lot of meds from bagseed. (Having surprisingly good luck too, with help from these folk).
I curtailed my plans to up sticks having been offered some choice genetics with known levels so I can plan infusions and dosing with a degree of accuracy. That’ll be after my next run. After this run, I’ll be guessing when I make my capsules up.
It’s all good. You can see the help folk here can offer. Tag me in when you start your journal TMJ I’m very interested.

Yeah nah. Still growing out my first lot of meds from bagseed. (Having surprisingly good luck too, with help from these folk).
I curtailed my plans to up sticks having been offered some choice genetics with known levels so I can plan infusions and dosing with a degree of accuracy. That’ll be after my next run. After this run, I’ll be guessing when I make my capsules up.
It’s all good. You can see the help folk here can offer. Tag me in when you start your journal TMJ I’m very interested.

Could you point me in a direction to learn about capsules. Is that like making a canabis tablet.... That sounds like it could be worth looking into for my Mrs... Maybe my mum and dad actually. They're both pretty unwell.

Can't speak from experience and don't know about an auto version but Blue Dream is supposed to be good for pain with a happy energetic clear headed high.

Could you point me in a direction to learn about capsules. Is that like making a canabis tablet.... That sounds like it could be worth looking into for my Mrs... Maybe my mum and dad actually. They're both pretty unwell.

Do you want to use an oil or dry flower?

Can't speak from experience and don't know about an auto version but Blue Dream is supposed to be good for pain with a happy energetic clear headed high.
I've heard about blue Dream. I wonder if that works well with pain? I'll have to look that one up.

And of course Northern Lights for nighttime relief.

Jack Herer is another good strain for pain in the day. There are actually a number that work, but finding the ones that work for her will take some experimentation.

Jack Herer is another good strain for pain in the day. There are actually a number that work, but finding the ones that work for her will take some experimentation.

Yeah it'll take some time as I don't want to expand from a 2x4 grow atm. For obvious reasons... Space and anonymity.

There are a number of methods up here.
@Amy Gardner posted this very user friendly recipe:
Which is what I’ll be doing. There is a spreadsheet a couple of good folk have put together to calibrate your doses. It can be found in @Alafornia ’s signature.
You’re in the right place.

This site is like a rabbit hole. Haha! Just when you think you have a handle on one thing something related or something else entirely opens up and down you go!

This site is like a rabbit hole. Haha! Just when you think you have a handle on one thing something related or something else entirely opens up and down you go!

This is why I made my thread aha. Cause there's so much info on this site I wanted to hopefully make my life a little easier.

I've got some jobs to do soon til 5. Then I'll be around to do some more resesrch

Blue dream auto is my favourite smoke ever. Totally unique stone. Not sure about the medical benefits but it is some really tremendous weed.

A little late on reply but I would like to throw in a vote for Critical Orange Punch by Dutch Passion and it does come in an auto form. Just grew a feminized freebie in my last grow and the pain relief is amazing. Made me want to buy 7 auto seeds to grow again in my next grow. I’m still in recovering mode from wrist surgery I had in Mid January and I also have a partially torn Achilles. I take this stuff and I will get a bit loopy, relaxed and happy (best probably a night time strain) Anyways it relieves my pain nicely and when I wake up in the morning. My Achilles barely bothers me at all and almost feels like I’m walking on a normal leg/foot again. That will last for roughly an hour or so after I wake up.

In my current tent grow I have Purple Bud from White Label. Grew it in my first ever grow and it too has some great pain relief that again is probably more for night time. Then on word of mouth I’m trying Do-Si-Dos from Canuck Seeds. Which is said to be amazing on pain relief. Will need some good shit for my mom for when she has/recovers from Knee Replacement Surgery

I have a torn rotator cuff and bad cervical discs in my neck. Also irritable bowel and acid reflux and high blood pressure and insomnia. I use island sweet skunk and purple Hindu Kush. Neither are autos. I toke a small amount of ISS and a little more of the phk. The ISS takes away my pain and the phk puts me to sleep. I can smoke the ISS during the day and function if need be. It doesn't make me sleepy or gear me up but just makes you feel better. They also help my IBS and acid reflux and my blood pressure is down. Neither strain gives me the munchies either. If I combine these with a edible I may wake up with terminal cotton mouth!

Back
Top Bottom