Strange Auto behavior?

So the smallest one the Chocolate Skunk I chopped and hung about a week ago. It is literally the size of one small cola. It’s a joke. The other one (Sole-Mate) is about ready to be chopped. It’s about double the size but still ridiculously small. I’m just looking at them as failed experiments. I may try to grow a couple of more seeds sown directly in these same pots for the remainder of the summer. We still have hot weather until November so I think I have time to pop a couple of more seeds. If it does get too cold I have a south facing windowsill which gets plenty of direct sun
Do not be sad. Did you look at the trichomes to see what % clear / cloudy / amber they were? Just curious. If I may suggest. Start the couple beans you have left and place them into 3 gallon pots. Use the same soil. Perhaps you can mix the used and some new soil together. It is most likely that you need to adapt to some nutrient regimen. I can help you with that and I am sure other members have an opinion.

Do you use any nutrients at this time? Depending on the medium you choose, supplementing the soil properly is key. sometimes it does not take much. It just takes time to learn your grow method and to get in sync to your methods and the knowledge of what it takes to grow happy plants

Do not be sad. Did you look at the trichomes to see what % clear / cloudy / amber they were? Just curious. If I may suggest. Start the couple beans you have left and place them into 3 gallon pots. Use the same soil. Perhaps you can mix the used and some new soil together. It is most likely that you need to adapt to some nutrient regimen. I can help you with that and I am sure other members have an opinion.

Do you use any nutrients at this time? Depending on the medium you choose, supplementing the soil properly is key. sometimes it does not take much. It just takes time to learn your grow method and to get in sync to your methods and the knowledge of what it takes to grow happy plants

The trichomes on the Chocolate Skunk (the smallest plant) look like they were about 10% - 20% amber. The Sol - Mate (which I haven't chopped yet) still has a lot of clear trichomes. Probably 50% clear, 50% cloudy.

I didn't use any nutes with these Autos since I was growing in Sohum Living Soil. I wonder if enough amended nutes in the soil were used up or if it will still be too hot to start seeds?

The trichomes on the Chocolate Skunk (the smallest plant) look like they were about 10% - 20% amber. The Sol - Mate (which I haven't chopped yet) still has a lot of clear trichomes. Probably 50% clear, 50% cloudy.

I didn't use any nutes with these Autos since I was growing in Sohum Living Soil. I wonder if enough amended nutes in the soil were used up or if it will still be too hot to start seeds?
In general and I cannot say this about all soils, but I believe it to be on track. Good custom soil i9s great for the veg period, but once you are in flower; you definitely want to add some nutrition. i.e. FoxFarm Ocean Forest. great stuff. I do not sue it, because I make all my own stuff for the most part, but it is highly respected as a great soil. with that said; It only has enough Nitrogen and Calcium for a great veg cycle and needs amendments once in flower. Almost always you need to add a one time phosphorous injection and Potassium from week 2-6 of flower. That should give you something to chew on. Happy growing. :) lw

In general and I cannot say this about all soils, but I believe it to be on track. Good custom soil i9s great for the veg period, but once you are in flower; you definitely want to add some nutrition. i.e. FoxFarm Ocean Forest. great stuff. I do not sue it, because I make all my own stuff for the most part, but it is highly respected as a great soil. with that said; It only has enough Nitrogen and Calcium for a great veg cycle and needs amendments once in flower. Almost always you need to add a one time phosphorous injection and Potassium from week 2-6 of flower. That should give you something to chew on. Happy growing. :) lw
Sohum is supposed to be a water only soil with enough beneficial bacteria and amendments for veg thru flower to harvest. I ran it with photo period plants and made it to harvest without any yellowing leaves. I was ready with bloom nutes if I saw deficiencies but I didn't see any .

The 2 stunted Autos were growing fine in the Solo cups but immediately went south in the Sohum. The 3rd Auto is growing like a photo and is currently my biggest plant so it is obviously not an auto.

Back
Top Bottom