bigbudz90

Hi guys,
So I have been growing Incredible Bulk for a year or two, setup is Oxypot DWC in a large tent (previously in a small tent inside), lights are 2000w LED using Rock nutrients for feed.

Every crop no issues, strong healthy plants.
Consistently cloning for over a year no problems..

Ok so this crop I transplanted my clones, first week no issues looking sexy, second week I noticed the plants starting to look a little odd, now I’m at week 3 and seeing some very strange deformation.. it should be noted I have moved my setup from a small tent inside to a large tent located in the garage.

Last 2-3 weeks we have had 1-2 degrees celsius over night and around 8-10 degrees through the day. Very cold

2 days ago I put a heater in the garage which had made it toasty although at 2400w it’s not cheap to run, hoping to see a change in the growth.

Anyway If anyone can confirm for me if it is indeed the cold weather causing this or something else I’ve missed? Photos attached

Cheers in advance

WEEK 1

WEEK 2

WEEK 3

Attachments

• A955F38A-A1D7-4375-B8A9-3FC17641EE8B.jpeg
    A955F38A-A1D7-4375-B8A9-3FC17641EE8B.jpeg
    438.4 KB · Views: 168
  • F7A55C39-8BB6-4337-AB8E-98DDE46C5659.jpeg
    F7A55C39-8BB6-4337-AB8E-98DDE46C5659.jpeg
    645.4 KB · Views: 180
  • F997E14F-AE52-404B-9898-3F326363D43D.jpeg
    F997E14F-AE52-404B-9898-3F326363D43D.jpeg
    615 KB · Views: 175
  • 1546CBD4-D799-4885-915C-863C9CB3F857.jpeg
    1546CBD4-D799-4885-915C-863C9CB3F857.jpeg
    625.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 59214607-3C1E-4B52-A8A7-1F175B7149DD.jpeg
    59214607-3C1E-4B52-A8A7-1F175B7149DD.jpeg
    600.7 KB · Views: 206
Did you're clones come from older plants that may have been in flower or cut just before buds mid flip? Clones get wierd leaves that loose their sharp edges and look like alien mutations till till get all back to full veg state. ( that's what it looks like 100%) Nutrients too strong also makes it worse. It's like having extra sensitive plants that will react to every little thing . Once they get a bit bigger leaves they go back to normal but it usually slowed them down lot. I find a,flush and lighter nutrients helps get the, back on tracker easier. Kinda like they get nutrient lock out easier s well. They will be fine once they get thru that, it just sucks waiting.

What did you root the clones in? Rockwool?

Thanks @Sonman had read a thread last night that said much the same, strange out of all the clones I’ve taken, mother plant ect never had this issue.

To answer your question the clones were taken at the usual stages weeks before flower, always been under 18-6 since they were rooted in a seperate tent... scratching my head

Will be flushing them today and reducing the nute levels, disappointing since I changed water only a few days back... $$$ nutes down the drain

@DaddyKush yep cloned in a turbo clone then into rock wool

Fingers crossed we come out as good as previous harvests. Love this strain :yummy:

@DaddyKush yep cloned in a turbo clone then into rock wool
Are you adjusting the pH of your rockwool beforehand? I've seen some strange twisted and contorted plants in rockwool that hasn't been pH adjusted. Just a thought.

Those buds are gorgeous, bro. I grew some Incredible Bulk a year or two ago, was pretty good smoke.:lot-o-toke:

Here is a pic how bad they can get. A friend cut a dozen purple widow that was overgrown too much we flipped them all back and they are all outside planted and doing fantastic. This is the last stubborn clone. It's amazing plants like this go back to normal. This last one I almost tossed and just decided to keep it. The other plants were not this bad, I think this one might had missed getting flushed before my friend dropped them off so I could save them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    591.1 KB · Views: 225
Seeing that photo I’m sure that’s the problem, it’s weird I’ve never bothered with PH for rooting before and never run into any issues.

Thanks man, learnt something today. Will make sure I use PH’d water the whole way through

Haven’t ever PH adjusted my rockwool? Never thought to do it.

Standard prep is soak in lukewarm water adjusted to a pH 4.5 (I've also read "4.5 to 5.0"). They used to say leave the stuff soaking for 24 hours, but I think most people don't go more than 8 or 12 hours, like "overnight plus a few." Stuff generally arrives with a high pH and has a lot of lime in it from the manufacturing process. Supposed to retest afterwards, and if the reading isn't between 5.5 and 7.0 or so, soak again. But if you adjust to 4.5 and leave it soaking for 8+ hours, then shake and wring it out slightly (not trying to destroy it, lol), it'll probably be good to go.

Some rockwool products might be pre-rinsed and pretreated. If so, I'd expect to see words to that effect on the product's label.

Aside from that, yeah, cannabis requires a certain amount of light-energy per day and a certain temperature range to do anything more than just exist. Fail to supply one or both of these things and the normal amount of nutrients one gives one's plants would likely be way too much, causing multiple toxicity symptoms. Kind of like the opposite of how you can boost CO₂ levels well above ambient, raise light-energy level above what they can process normally, raise temperatures above their normal sweet spot... and they'll happily consume a higher than normal level of nutrients.

When temperatures are significantly lower than normal, feed significantly less than normal. Maintain correct nutrient ratios, just cut the strength.

BtW, when asking for help in diagnosing an issue, you might get more responses (and annoy less people) if you turn the blurples off and use something approaching a "normal" light spectrum to take the pictures. As you've just noticed, people will generally still try to help, but... It just makes it easier for people to figure out what they're looking at.

@TorturedSoul thanks man, good information in that post appreciate the help.

This will be my 5th crop under lights and still learning every crop, fairly happy with the setup so far only had some alge in my 1st grow, and now this on the 5th grow... bar from that has been smooth sailing. will have to PH rockwool for the next grow :thumb:

And not a problem man didnt even think of it, will flick the lights over next time for a better snap.

Cheers

I don't know whether you have a grow journal thread - but, if not, it can be more than a source of entertainment for the audience and a safe way to show off your activities for you. It can also help you maintain the health of your plants and to deal with any issues that might appear, because there will be "many more sets of eyes" looking at your plants and reading about your grow, your lighting, nutrients, and other things.

Good luck with your grow!

Standard prep is soak in lukewarm water adjusted to a pH 4.5 (I've also read "4.5 to 5.0"). They used to say leave the stuff soaking for 24 hours, but I think most people don't go more than 8 or 12 hours, like "overnight plus a few." Stuff generally arrives with a high pH and has a lot of lime in it from the manufacturing process. Supposed to retest afterwards, and if the reading isn't between 5.5 and 7.0 or so, soak again. But if you adjust to 4.5 and leave it soaking for 8+ hours, then shake and wring it out slightly (not trying to destroy it, lol), it'll probably be good to go.
Rockwool naturally has a very alcaline pH. I use a bucket of water pH'ed to 5.0 and soak the cubes in it for 2 or 3 hours. I don't think there's any need to soak them any longer than that, at least I never have. They're usually right around 6.5 by the time the cuttings go in. Usually close to 100% of them root, so if it ain't broke don't fix it.:thumb:

Here is a pic how bad they can get.
I've seen a couple over the years that didn't even look like cannabis anymore. it's amazing.

I use a bucket of water pH'ed to 5.0 and soak the cubes in it for 2 or 3 hours.

"Sounds" good to me.

BtW, I like the quote in your .SIG. Except I'd say that graves are for rapists and thieves, lol, and that - occasionally - a murder might be justified. (Not necessarily the same as the legal definition of justifiable homicide, but I'm a little "old school" ;) .)

If I were made lifetime benevolent (usually ;) ) overlord of the planet, I don't think there would be a serious prison overcrowding problem. And I'd put 'em waaaaaaaaay the fook out in the boonies, so food costs would be pretty low (after all, snares, fishing supplies, and hoes/shovels are pretty cheap, yeah?) Wouldn't need much in the way of guards, either, because a little birdie told me that the world's largest stock of landmines happen to be buried in the DMZ protecting South Korea from that veg-head Dim Bulb Jong-il or whatever his name is - and I don't think he'd be all that much of a problem after I turned him into a mildly radioactive crater. . . .

Back
Top Bottom